If you feed the poor, they'll "breed".

R

rdean

Republicans say the nutrition bill is too costly and an example of government overreach.

"It's not about making our children healthy and active," said Rep. John Kline, R-Minn. "We all want to see our children healthy and active. This is about spending and the role of government and the size of government — a debate about whether we're listening to our constituents or not."

Republicans block legislation to feed more children, improve school lunches | Markets | Market News | Canadian Business Online

Giving millionaires and billionaires 700 billion dollars is "good" for the economy, but feeding children in school at about 0.4% of that amount will bankrupt us.

Remember Republican Andre Bauer who said "if you feed the poor, they'll breed"?

Hey America, you voted them into office. Happy Holidays.

Fat ass Michelle Obama does not need another school lunch program to go with the other three Federally administered food asssitance programs.

They already have free lunch, MO wants after school meals (dinner)

So tell me where is all of the food stamp money going if its not to feed them lunch and dinner?

Republicans say the nutrition bill is too costly and an example of government overreach.

"It's not about making our children healthy and active," said Rep. John Kline, R-Minn. "We all want to see our children healthy and active. This is about spending and the role of government and the size of government — a debate about whether we're listening to our constituents or not."

Republicans block legislation to feed more children, improve school lunches | Markets | Market News | Canadian Business Online

Giving millionaires and billionaires 700 billion dollars is "good" for the economy, but feeding children in school at about 0.4% of that amount will bankrupt us.

Remember Republican Andre Bauer who said "if you feed the poor, they'll breed"?

Hey America, you voted them into office. Happy Holidays.

that article is shit. sorry but there it is, it carefully omits or doesn't mention the guts of the "program".

and we need to spend another 4.5 BILLION on this...NOW???

I thought we were trying to not spend money? This is one very good reason why the House turned over.

see this is how it starts; next budget, it will get a bump up to maybe 5 B...next year 5.5, and on and on and on....benchmarks? parsing of worth via empirical data? nope, you get the Deans who'll tell anyone who will listen, you're starvin da chillen...when you try to reign it in.

Last edited:
Fat ass Michelle Obama does not need another school lunch program to go with the other three Federally administered food asssitance programs.

So tell me where is all of the food stamp money going if its not to feed them lunch and dinner?

Two entirely different problems Syrenn. Yes logic would assume that those who collect foodstamps would use that to provide meals for their children. Unfortunateloy many are uneducated boobs who don't. That isn't the child's fault, AND studies have shown that hungry student under perform. Feed the kids, go after the food stamp abusers.

Two entirely different problems Syrenn. Yes logic would assume that those who collect foodstamps would use that to provide meals for their children. Unfortunateloy many are uneducated boobs who don't. That isn't the child's fault, AND studies have shown that hungry student under perform. Feed the kids, go after the food stamp abusers.

The problems are intertwined.

So again. It is not "feed the poor and they will breed". The problem is they will breed and we will feed them. The issue at hand is that they want MORE. MO wants to expand and change what is already in place.

Expanding the program to include a "late meal" (dinner) will leave the abusers of the system more room to abuse the system on a grander scale. There would be no reason to buy food or provide for dinner.

Hey the govt has to subsidize all the minimum wage jobs out there.

The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

How many rich actually fight in wars?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

At this point,

it would make good sense to feed the kids at school,

and end the food stamp program, COMPLETELY.

It's the CHILDREN that we're concerned about, right?

In which case, it might be a much better idea to treat them as if they are orphans ~ "boarding" schools, with decent dorms, where food, clothing and education is provided, would be an excellent way to insure that they are WELL cared for.

If the parents stood to gain nothing, wEnder how long it would be before the baby-making machines dried up?

Get pregnant, with no way to support yourself? Off to a "facility," where you'll be offered job training and cared for up to the time of delivery, then sent on your way.

Ah, but any of ^that^ would just be too sensible... <sigh>

explain please, this should be good...how do they subsidize the wealthy?

How many rich actually fight in wars?[/quote]

so tell us ...?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

like gore?:rolleyes:

thats cause we don't buy ours and don't have congressional districts protected for blacks only....

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

you don't even make sense, at least the indoctrinated do..:lol:

Free lunch is why we fought the British! Its what made America great!

There is no free lunch--ya pay one way or another..If you take it with out paying for it you will shape a future for children that is seldom reversed. Just look at our President he took much with out paying and now is taking from all rich and not rich, he just does not get it.

Personal fact--remarried after loss of first wife--wonderful gal with two young children.
Wife was on welfare (I stopped that immediatly) children could get free lunch at school. I said no fuxxx way. That stuff shapes personalities I said forget it. Now twenty years later
These kids have new homes,cars, and would never let there own kids get free lunch in school. They work full time jobs and even more than 40 hrs a week.
Wake up America if it is free you do not want it.

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

you know how they think... "let them eat cake".

so do you really need to ask?

explain please, this should be good...how do they subsidize the wealthy?

How many rich actually fight in wars?

so tell us ...?

like gore?:rolleyes:

thats cause we don't buy ours and don't have congressional districts protected for blacks only....

you don't even make sense, at least the indoctrinated do..:lol:[/QUOTE]

How many rich fight in wars?

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president." --Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney

Washingtonpost.com

You see? His 5 sons had "better things to do". The very Rich have that option.

You don't really believe a lot of rich people join the military. Seriously?

Perhaps you might want to "limit" your intake of "Kool Aid"?

Forum List

Back