If you feed the poor, they'll "breed".

RDean, I asked you some time back and you didn't answer. I'd like to know, just how much education do you have? You are always railing about the Republicans don't believe in education, so I think this iis a fair question.

I'm a senior design engineer. I don't write as much as I used to here because I just started at a new company.

I don't have to lie about my education. I've described it in detail as well as the University I went to and the classes I took as well as my grades.

I've also described my family and what branch of the military I served in, where I was stationed and my MOS.

I don't need to go over it all over again.

I went to school on the GI bill. When I finished, even with the GI bill, I still had 56 thousand in student loans which I have completely paid off.

Without education, I would still be working on an assembly line, maybe.

A few years ago, during the Bush administration, a number of Chinese were brought here to learn some of the jobs. You couldn't refuse, if you did, you could be let go without unemployment benefits. A few months after the Chinese returned to China, about a half dozen products were moved to China and about half the assembly line was let go. One product was brought back for awhile because the quality was so low, but eventually, it was sent back to China. The only reason the job I have now isn't moving to China anytime soon is because, technically, for now, it's too difficult.

What about your education. Be honest.

I have never seen you describe any of that. And frankly have a hard time believing you went to college yet believe that conservatives aren't educated.

As for my own education, I attended a small private Christian College where I received my first Bachelors, I then attended the University of Arkansas where I achieved another Bachelors as well as a Masters, then later on while attending military training in Georgia I took enough classes at Georgia Tech to earn another Bachelors. I to was on the GI Bill. And I can tell you without hesitation that while attending these various schools I met many smart people from all backgrounds/religions/colors/sexes/political ideologies and at the same time met many stupid people from each. (4.0 GPA all the way through btw)

At the same time there is noway you served in the military and don't recognize that all groups are represented there to. Of course there aren't as many rich people serving in the military as there are poor people, just as there aren't as many rich people working at McDonalds as there are poor people. Nor are there poor people working on Wall Street. It's called common sense RDean, something you don't have.

Michelangelo was gay and Galileo was excommunicated. You can bet, both were progressives. Thanks for pointing them out.

Does either of those details change the fact that they, personally, believed that the universe was created by a Supreme Being? Or did you think I would run away and try to hide from them, thus making your pocket universe more stable because I am not bombarding it with facts that do not fit into your worldview?

Oh please, Michelangelo was born nearly 20 years before Columbus discovered America. I bet he still thought the world was flat.

What is wrong with you people to used such piss poor examples?

http://www.adherents.com/people/pg/Galileo_Galilei.html

Galileo is probably more responsible than any other man for the empirical attitude of scientific research. It was he who first insisted upon the necessity of performing experiments. He rejected the notion that scientific questions could be decided by reliance upon authority, whether it be the pronouncements of the Church of the assertions of Aristotle. He also rejected reliance on complex deductive schemes that were not based on a firm foundation of experiment. Medieval scholastics had discussed at great length what should happen and why things happen, but Galileo insisted upon performing experiments to determine what actually did happen. His scientific outlook was distinctly non-mystical; in this respect, he was even more modern than some of his successors, such as Newton.

I seriously doubt that Michelangelo thought the world was flat since the Greeks proved the world is round 2000 years before he was born. If you had a real education, instead of the liberal one you continually tout as superior, you would know that.

It is interesting that you point out Galileo as a paradigm of progressiveness, considering that the progressives of his day are more responsible for his prosecution than anyone else. His insistence that the geocentric model of the universe, which was touted by Ptolemy and Aristotle, was wrong.

Funny thing, Einstein eventually proved that Earth is really the center of the universe, at least for everyone who lives on it, thus proving Galileo was wrong after all.

The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

How many rich actually fight in wars?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

You're a fucking idiot, can you discuss ANY topic without bringing your blatant racism into it?

Oh and by the way , study your American history you goddamned fool the American military has traditionally always been made up primarily of southern white boys, and always will be. Yep the same white guys you rail against and just claimed were outnumbered in the military. Also of course I could make a pretty good argument that rich black, and for that matter brown, people don't generally serve in the military. You're an idiot RDean

http://prhome.defense.gov/mpp/ACCESSION POLICY/PopRep2008/summary/chap5.pdf

That's the problem with your kind. You make a statement and then don't post any facts to back it up.

Actually, it's difficult to know the exact racial makeup of the US forces.

For instance, if you look at the Navy, the enlistment is listed as 62% white. Then you look at the breakdown and find that more then 53% are minorities. How can that be? Because many Hispanics are listed as "white".

Same thing with the Army. Nearly 73% are white, but if you add up the minorities, they're around 40%. Because Hispanics are counted as "white".

And look at blacks in the Army. Nearly 24%, while less than 12% of the population are black. As far as an ethnic group, they are by far represented way passed their much smaller numbers in the general population.

So you made a racist statement and backed it up with nothing. That the majority of military are southern white boys. Compare that to the "truth" and you can see it's a much different story.

What you can do is go look at the Heritage foundation. They say that a quarter of the military is made up of the wealthiest white kids in the country. The fuckers. Right wingers are so dirty. They lie about anything.

I was in the military. I knew one rich kid. His father owned a chain of department stores. He told his booze and drug addled son that if he could get through the military for three years, he would give him a store. And that's a true story.

Who's the idiot now, moron?

This is the post you need to answer ConHog.

You're a fucking idiot, can you discuss ANY topic without bringing your blatant racism into it?

Oh and by the way , study your American history you goddamned fool the American military has traditionally always been made up primarily of southern white boys, and always will be. Yep the same white guys you rail against and just claimed were outnumbered in the military. Also of course I could make a pretty good argument that rich black, and for that matter brown, people don't generally serve in the military. You're an idiot RDean

That's the problem with your kind. You make a statement and then don't post any facts to back it up.

For instance, if you look at the Navy, the enlistment is listed as 62% white. Then you look at the breakdown and find that more then 53% are minorities. How can that be? Because many Hispanics are listed as "white".

Same thing with the Army. Nearly 73% are white, but if you add up the minorities, they're around 40%. Because Hispanics are counted as "white".

And look at blacks in the Army. Nearly 24%, while less than 12% of the population are black. As far as an ethnic group, they are by far represented way passed their much smaller numbers in the general population.

So you made a racist statement and backed it up with nothing. That the majority of military are southern white boys. Compare that to the "truth" and you can see it's a much different story.

What you can do is go look at the Heritage foundation. They say that a quarter of the military is made up of the wealthiest white kids in the country. The fuckers. Right wingers are so dirty. They lie about anything.

I was in the military. I knew one rich kid. His father owned a chain of department stores. He told his booze and drug addled son that if he could get through the military for three years, he would give him a store. And that's a true story.

Asked and answered. If you can't figure out why rich people don't generally go into the military, well then you are even dumber than I thought.

What rich person, of any color, is going to take a job which threatens life and limb for minimal pay in a terrible work environment? Can you name a single industry where rich people are lined up to take such a job?

Does either of those details change the fact that they, personally, believed that the universe was created by a Supreme Being? Or did you think I would run away and try to hide from them, thus making your pocket universe more stable because I am not bombarding it with facts that do not fit into your worldview?

Oh please, Michelangelo was born nearly 20 years before Columbus discovered America. I bet he still thought the world was flat.

Galileo is probably more responsible than any other man for the empirical attitude of scientific research. It was he who first insisted upon the necessity of performing experiments. He rejected the notion that scientific questions could be decided by reliance upon authority, whether it be the pronouncements of the Church of the assertions of Aristotle. He also rejected reliance on complex deductive schemes that were not based on a firm foundation of experiment. Medieval scholastics had discussed at great length what should happen and why things happen, but Galileo insisted upon performing experiments to determine what actually did happen. His scientific outlook was distinctly non-mystical; in this respect, he was even more modern than some of his successors, such as Newton.

I seriously doubt that Michelangelo thought the world was flat since the Greeks proved the world is round 2000 years before he was born. If you had a real education, instead of the liberal one you continually tout as superior, you would know that.

It is interesting that you point out Galileo as a paradigm of progressiveness, considering that the progressives of his day are more responsible for his prosecution than anyone else. His insistence that the geocentric model of the universe, which was touted by Ptolemy and Aristotle, was wrong.

Funny thing, Einstein eventually proved that Earth is really the center of the universe, at least for everyone who lives on it, thus proving Galileo was wrong after all.

Actually, people believed all kinds of things. Some believed the world was round, some flat and some actually believe the world was in the shape of a "wheel". Even today, some people still believe the world is flat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbizzLzcpnM[/ame]

Einstein proved the world was the center of the universe? That's a new one on me. You got me there. Too bad you don't add a link.

Asked and answered. If you can't figure out why rich people don't generally go into the military, well then you are even dumber than I thought.

What rich person, of any color, is going to take a job which threatens life and limb for minimal pay in a terrible work environment? Can you name a single industry where rich people are lined up to take such a job?

Which is why they should contribute. How can they expect people with less to protect their fortunes. The greedy fucks.

And what's worse, Republicans want to cut GI benefits to keep soldiers "trapped" in the military. It was one of McCain's campaign positions.

Hey, what about your "claim" that the military was made up of "southern white boys"? Still waiting for a link.

McCain, Military Oppose Expanding GI Bill - ABC News

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, seemed to give a thumbs down to bipartisan legislation that would greatly expand educational benefits for members of the military returning from Iraq and Afghanistan under the GI Bill.

McCain indicated he would offer some sort of alternative to the legislation to address concerns that expanding the GI Bill could lead more members of the military to get out of the service.

McCain Plan Moves Some Out of VA Care

Virtually all veterans groups oppose McCain's plan. The Veterans of Foreign Wars' national legislative director has said the VA card would "undermine the entire system."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/06/opinion/06herbert.html

Politicians tend to talk very, very big about supporting our men and women in uniform. But time and again — whether it’s about providing armor for their safety or an education for their future — we find that talk to be very, very cheap.

Actually, people believed all kinds of things. Some believed the world was round, some flat and some actually believe the world was in the shape of a "wheel". Even today, some people still believe the world is flat.

Einstein proved the world was the center of the universe? That's a new one on me. You got me there. Too bad you don't add a link.

You need a link to Einstein's Theory of Relativity? Really?

If you don't feed the rich, they'll bitch.

You don't have to feed the rich. Although, it would be nice to see a few in the military.

You're not looking very hard, are you?

360142B8859DD8EDA9D80F008077F3B5.gif

So can we knock off the silly leftist meme that only the poor serve in the military?

Last edited:
The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

How many rich actually fight in wars?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

That would be you, for extrapolating to the whole military today your experience with a small population years ago.

As far as the racial demographics of the military:

3E59D41279449CAB99F8C7CF54E02351.gif

And you believe that Michelangelo, a highly educated man, believed the world was flat.

As for Einstein, I thought everyone knew about relativity. I keep forgetting that your education is the product of liberal public schools and liberal arts colleges.

Theory of relativity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everything is relative, which makes any person's point of view completely valid. there is no center of the universe, yet everyone perceives themselves to be at the center of the universe. Hubble actually measured the red shift in 1929, verifying the theory.

Where is the centre of the universe?

You need a link to Einstein's Theory of Relativity? Really?

Don't be too hard on him, he believes in liberal science.

And you believe that Michelangelo, a highly educated man, believed the world was flat.

As for Einstein, I thought everyone knew about relativity. I keep forgetting that your education is the product of liberal public schools and liberal arts colleges.

Everything is relative, which makes any person's point of view completely valid. there is no center of the universe, yet everyone perceives themselves to be at the center of the universe. Hubble actually measured the red shift in 1929, verifying the theory.

Michelangelo was an "artist". How does that make him "highly educated"? Because he could "paint"?

Hubble proved the universe is expanding which verified the Theory of Relativity. As time moves forward and the universe expands, then obviously, going backward in time would mean the Universe had a finite beginning, becoming smaller and smaller.

But you, in your zeal to prove how smart you are, proved exactly the opposite.

If the Universe is finite and was much smaller in the past, then for sure, there was and is a "center" of the Universe. Think about why that would be?

I wasn't asking for a link to the Theory of Relativity, but a link to your "version" of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

That would be you, for extrapolating to the whole military today your experience with a small population years ago.

As far as the racial demographics of the military:

3E59D41279449CAB99F8C7CF54E02351.gif

You would have to give a link to that fucking Heritage Foundation. What a bullshit organization. Even your own chart says the "calculated" the data. Meaning they "scrambled" it. Where do they mention "Hispanics"? Since the Hispanic population is higher now than the blacks. Also, the US Census says the number of blacks joining has dropped because of the war, but the number in service is still high because so many make the military a career.

And finally, look though the Heritage foundation and find out what they say about the income of people enlisting. It's a "hoot". Not even the dumbest of right wingers could believe that.

You would have to give a link to that fucking Heritage Foundation. What a bullshit organization. Even your own chart says the "calculated" the data. Meaning they "scrambled" it. Where do they mention "Hispanics"? Since the Hispanic population is higher now than the blacks. Also, the US Census says the number of blacks joining has dropped because of the war, but the number in service is still high because so many make the military a career.

And finally, look though the Heritage foundation and find out what they say about the income of people enlisting. It's a "hoot". Not even the dumbest of right wingers could believe that.
So, anything that doesn't fit your leftist memes is to be immediately discarded.

Why is it you consider yourself to be an open-minded person? :confused:

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

you know how they think... "let them eat cake".

so do you really need to ask?

"Let them eat cake" is a liberal philosophy that comes from the wrong-headed assumption that government is the answer to everything, and the treasury is a limitless resource.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbizzLzcpnM

Michelangelo was an "artist". How does that make him "highly educated"? Because he could "paint"?

Hubble proved the universe is expanding which verified the Theory of Relativity. As time moves forward and the universe expands, then obviously, going backward in time would mean the Universe had a finite beginning, becoming smaller and smaller.

If the Universe is finite and was much smaller in the past, then for sure, there was and is a "center" of the Universe. Think about why that would be?

I wasn't asking for a link to the Theory of Relativity, but a link to your "version" of it.

Funny how everyone but you knew what I was talking about when I pointed out that Einstein proved that the Earth is the center of the universe for everyone who lives on it.

:rofl:

Thanks for the laugh.

Michelangelo, like Da Vinci, was many things, including an artist.

Michelangelo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the universe, it has no center because it has no edge. If we somehow got to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and looked around it would look like every point in the universe was expanding away from us. I know this concept is hard for you to grasp, but it is true. That is the essence of relativity, the universe actually changes based on the observer.

This is even more true when we delve into the realms of quantum physics, which allows a single proton to go through two slits in a piece of cardboard, unless someone is actually watching it. If it is being observed it will follow your inherent bias, behave according to the rules of common sense, and only go through one slit.

I seriously suggest you study some real science before you make a complete idiot of yourself and insist the universe does not do what it does.

For the record, the expansion of the universe is not proof of the Big Bang, it is merely evidence that supports it. Nor is it proof that, if we reverse entropy, the universe will get smaller and smaller. The first step on the journey to understanding is admitting that you cannot understand everything.

Funny how everyone but you knew what I was talking about when I pointed out that Einstein proved that the Earth is the center of the universe for everyone who lives on it.

Thanks for the laugh.

As for the universe, it has no center because it has no edge. If we somehow got to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and looked around it would look like every point in the universe was expanding away from us. I know this concept is hard for you to grasp, but it is true. That is the essence of relativity, the universe actually changes based on the observer.

This is even more true when we delve into the realms of quantum physics, which allows a single proton to go through two slits in a piece of cardboard, unless someone is actually watching it. If it is being observed it will follow your inherent bias, behave according to the rules of common sense, and only go through one slit.

I seriously suggest you study some real science before you make a complete idiot of yourself and insist the universe does not do what it does.

For the record, the expansion of the universe is not proof of the Big Bang, it is merely evidence that supports it. Nor is it proof that, if we reverse entropy, the universe will get smaller and smaller. The first step on the journey to understanding is admitting that you cannot understand everything.

Who can even guess what you consider education? Because someone paints and "makes things" doesn't mean they are "educated". Read Michelangelo's biography. He was a loner, a hermit, he lived in his clothes and didn't bathe. He had few friends. He was taken advantage of again and again. I suspect he had no knowledge of history, politics, or relationships. During that time, many artists led sheltered lives. Their reality wasn't "the" reality.

I thought this from your article was hilarious:

"Censorship always followed Michelangelo, once described as "inventor delle porcherie" ("inventor of obscenities", in the original Italian language referring to "pork things")."

Hmm, "pork things"? I wonder what they meant by "pork things".

The most hilarious. If Michelangelo were alive today, he would be a progressive or a liberal. Certainly not a Republican or a conservative. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Read Michelangelo's biography. He was a loner, a hermit, he lived in his clothes and didn't bathe. He had few friends. He was taken advantage of again and again. I suspect he had no knowledge of history, politics, or relationships.

If Michelangelo were alive today, he would be a progressive or a liberal. Certainly not a Republican or a conservative. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.
I do believe you're correct.

Thanks for the laugh.

Who can even guess what you consider education? Because someone paints and "makes things" doesn't mean they are "educated". Read Michelangelo's biography. He was a loner, a hermit, he lived in his clothes and didn't bathe. He had few friends. He was taken advantage of again and again. I suspect he had no knowledge of history, politics, or relationships. During that time, many artists led sheltered lives. Their reality wasn't "the" reality.

I thought this from your article was hilarious:

"Censorship always followed Michelangelo, once described as "inventor delle porcherie" ("inventor of obscenities", in the original Italian language referring to "pork things")."

Hmm, "pork things"? I wonder what they meant by "pork things".

The most hilarious. If Michelangelo were alive today, he would be a progressive or a liberal. Certainly not a Republican or a conservative. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

It wasn't my biography, I am not Michelangelo, and never have been. It is amazing how you can identify with a guy who is a loner and a hermit, lived in his clothes and didn't bathe, had few friends, was often taken advantage of, with no knowledge of either history, politics, or relationships, who lived in an alternate reality that had no connection with the real worlds, and think that qualifies him as a progressive and/or a liberal.

Come to think of it, it isn't that amazing. That does sound just like every progressive/liberal I know.

:eusa_whistle:

Thanks for handing me the best straight line in history.

PPPSSSTTTT...

Hey, see what happens when you feed them. *looks up at the thread*

:lol:

Forum List

Back