If you feed the poor, they'll "breed".

Guess it didn't work.

Most progressive ides don't.

Now that is truly hilarious. It's why technology and scientific discoveries come from Blue states. If so much money wasn't flowing from Blue states to Red states, it would be the Blue states with balanced budgets.

Then there is the "science" thing. You don't get "science" from Bible college.

The Republican party is 90% white and nearly all the same. You don't get ideas from "same". Sadly, all you get is "same".

I just wish the Red states would carry out their threat and secede. I suspect we may not stop them this time. Instead, we'll build a wall. To keep out the ignorant job seekers. The ones with that awful accent I can never understand. "It ain't fried, it's shake and bake and ahhhh helped".

There you go again. I know you are from an alternative universe where Galileo and Michelangelo where never borne, and the only science that ever happened came from atheists, but in this universe history had a different path, and science and religion does work together occasionally. Progressives and eugenics have some very clear historical ties in this universe, and most intelligent people have a very solid contempt of them both. That probably explains why they started calling themselves liberals.

Now that is truly hilarious. It's why technology and scientific discoveries come from Blue states. If so much money wasn't flowing from Blue states to Red states, it would be the Blue states with balanced budgets.

The Republican party is 90% white and nearly all the same. You don't get ideas from "same". Sadly, all you get is "same".

I just wish the Red states would carry out their threat and secede. I suspect we may not stop them this time. Instead, we'll build a wall. To keep out the ignorant job seekers. The ones with that awful accent I can never understand. "It ain't fried, it's shake and bake and ahhhh helped".

There you go again. I know you are from an alternative universe where Galileo and Michelangelo where never borne, and the only science that ever happened came from atheists, but in this universe history had a different path, and science and religion does work together occasionally. Progressives and eugenics have some very clear historical ties in this universe, and most intelligent people have a very solid contempt of them both. That probably explains why they started calling themselves liberals.

Wasting your breath. Deano is too much of simpleton to understand that great minds, those who come up with such discoveries do not confine themselves to "liberal" views or "conservative" views. I think, okay actually I know, that Benjamin Franklin was a conservative guy and our nation's most prolific inventor.

He also is apparently too stupid to realize the vast amount of wealth that the USG would lose if Texas alone seceded. Not that that's going to happen, but IF it did, the US treasury would take quite a hit.

We could just say that Dean is a dumb shit who really brings nothing to the table beyond his claims that conservative christians are stupid and the Republicans are mostly white (oh I love that claim by the way, it's like claiming that the Chinese Communist Party is mostly Asians, well no shit since they make up the majority of the general population)

Dean is beneath contempt really. My 18 y/o understands the world better than the fool does.

Same difference.

The early eugenicists were largely social conservatives. Hence the desired to eliminate other races- a desire born of jingoism and xenophobia.

Wrong... they were the 'progressives' of their day. This is the problem when one tries to play partisan politics with history.... both sides look like fucking morons. Possibly because they are.
You're the one playing partisan politics by saying everything bad in history was 'teh evil Progressives Beck told us about'.

They were, as xenophobic racists upset over the changes taking place in their spciety, social conservatives by definition.

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

you know how they think... "let them eat cake".

so do you really need to ask?

I like cake.

The problem is not what kids eat, it is that they go home and sit around playing video games and watching TV. I used to eat more than half the kids in my class, and run home everyday just because I liked to run through the desert. Today my sisters grand kids, who live in the same house I grew up in, and go to the same school in the same place, ride the bus, eat less than I did, and weigh more, even though they eat less junk food than I did.

Yeah...I do not doubt that part of the problem of child obesity has to do with their less active lifestyles.

However, I suspect that most kids are eating more junk )often disguised as food, but turned into junk thanks to corn syrup) than my generation or even the generation that followed mine.

Getting junk food out of school lunch programs seems to me to be a rather modest, but sensible thing to do REGARDLESS of your political philosophy.

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

I like cake.

The problem is not what kids eat, it is that they go home and sit around playing video games and watching TV. I used to eat more than half the kids in my class, and run home everyday just because I liked to run through the desert. Today my sisters grand kids, who live in the same house I grew up in, and go to the same school in the same place, ride the bus, eat less than I did, and weigh more, even though they eat less junk food than I did.

When I was young kids actually walked to and from school (or rode their bikes) instead of relying on mom's taxi service. I agree with you,it's not what kids are eating really...it's more that they don't get a lot of excercise.

Two entirely different problems Syrenn. Yes logic would assume that those who collect foodstamps would use that to provide meals for their children. Unfortunateloy many are uneducated boobs who don't. That isn't the child's fault, AND studies have shown that hungry student under perform. Feed the kids, go after the food stamp abusers.

They are not separate problems, if the family is receiving food stamps and/or support payments from the government they should already be feeding the children. I have an idea that will solve the single problem with one, simple, innovation. Pay for the extra meals by charging it to aid aid the parents are already getting aid. If they want to get that money back, they can voluntarily join a program where all purchases they make with aid are monitored, and home visits make sure they properly feed their children. That would make them eligible for their full benefits, and the extra meals at the schools.

I would have no problem with that. What i was getting at is punishing the parents by not feeding the children at school is not punishing the parents, and won't solve the problem of welfare abuse.

Oh, and let me tell you something you may not know QW, the threshold for qualifying for reduced priced meals at school is MUCH lower than for SNAP, many people receive the lower priced meals who don't receive food stamps.

What I personally wold love to see is a school food bank, where private citizens gave food to schools to feed children in need, but as we all know, there's only so much money to go around.

In the meantime, I feel the same way about school meals as I feel about food stamps, yes of course there are people who abuse the system, but in the grand scheme of things if one child gets a meal he or she otherwise wouldn't have, that's one governmental waste I'm willing to live with.

This is very true. Even if some families can't qualify for free lunches for their children. Many can qualify for reduced lunches (which I think are around 40 cents) even if they make too much money to qualify for food stamps...the wage rules are completely different. I think the salary break off point is somewhere between 26k and 35K a year ( depending on how many children are living in the household). I used to have a chart that showed qualifying income.

Last edited:
"If you feed the poor, they'll "breed".

No, actually, they breed because liberal policies pay them to breed. You give them just enough to survive, but not enough to rise about their situations and prosper, all the while making empty promises so they keep voting for you. And you blame their situation on conservatives, when, in reality, it's YOU that put them where they are and punish them when they try to break free.

Michelangelo was gay and Galileo was excommunicated. You can bet, both were progressives. Thanks for pointing them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans say the nutrition bill is too costly and an example of government overreach.

"It's not about making our children healthy and active," said Rep. John Kline, R-Minn. "We all want to see our children healthy and active. This is about spending and the role of government and the size of government — a debate about whether we're listening to our constituents or not."

Republicans block legislation to feed more children, improve school lunches | Markets | Market News | Canadian Business Online

Giving millionaires and billionaires 700 billion dollars is "good" for the economy, but feeding children in school at about 0.4% of that amount will bankrupt us.

Remember Republican Andre Bauer who said "if you feed the poor, they'll breed"?

Hey America, you voted them into office. Happy Holidays.

If you can redefine the argument, you are in a better place to win it. Trick of the politicians.

The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

How many rich actually fight in wars?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

You're a fucking idiot, can you discuss ANY topic without bringing your blatant racism into it?

Oh and by the way , study your American history you goddamned fool the American military has traditionally always been made up primarily of southern white boys, and always will be. Yep the same white guys you rail against and just claimed were outnumbered in the military. Also of course I could make a pretty good argument that rich black, and for that matter brown, people don't generally serve in the military. You're an idiot RDean

I like cake.

Yeah...I do not doubt that part of the problem of child obesity has to do with their less active lifestyles.

However, I suspect that most kids are eating more junk )often disguised as food, but turned into junk thanks to corn syrup) than my generation or even the generation that followed mine.

Getting junk food out of school lunch programs seems to me to be a rather modest, but sensible thing to do REGARDLESS of your political philosophy.

Why? A balanced diet includes junk, even Weight Watchers understands that. The focus on blaming junk food for our health problems is nothing more than an attempt to gain more control over people. Get them in the habit of eating only what the government tells them and they will end up following the guidance of the elite for the rest of their lives.

I scarf down more salt on a daily basis than most people eat in a week, yet my blood pressure is textbook. Not just good for my age and weight, but technically perfect. Would cutting down on salt somehow make my blood pressure better? Or is it simply that my genetic makeup can handle salt better than some?

The problem with trying to fit everyone into the same box is not everyone is the same.

Michelangelo was gay and Galileo was excommunicated. You can bet, both were progressives. Thanks for pointing them out.

Does either of those details change the fact that they, personally, believed that the universe was created by a Supreme Being? Or did you think I would run away and try to hide from them, thus making your pocket universe more stable because I am not bombarding it with facts that do not fit into your worldview?

RDean, I asked you some time back and you didn't answer. I'd like to know, just how much education do you have? You are always railing about the Republicans don't believe in education, so I think this iis a fair question.

RDean, I asked you some time back and you didn't answer. I'd like to know, just how much education do you have? You are always railing about the Republicans don't believe in education, so I think this iis a fair question.

I'm a senior design engineer. I don't write as much as I used to here because I just started at a new company.

I don't have to lie about my education. I've described it in detail as well as the University I went to and the classes I took as well as my grades.

I've also described my family and what branch of the military I served in, where I was stationed and my MOS.

I don't need to go over it all over again.

I went to school on the GI bill. When I finished, even with the GI bill, I still had 56 thousand in student loans which I have completely paid off.

Without education, I would still be working on an assembly line, maybe.

A few years ago, during the Bush administration, a number of Chinese were brought here to learn some of the jobs. You couldn't refuse, if you did, you could be let go without unemployment benefits. A few months after the Chinese returned to China, about a half dozen products were moved to China and about half the assembly line was let go. One product was brought back for awhile because the quality was so low, but eventually, it was sent back to China. The only reason the job I have now isn't moving to China anytime soon is because, technically, for now, it's too difficult.

What about your education. Be honest.

Does either of those details change the fact that they, personally, believed that the universe was created by a Supreme Being? Or did you think I would run away and try to hide from them, thus making your pocket universe more stable because I am not bombarding it with facts that do not fit into your worldview?

Oh please, Michelangelo was born nearly 20 years before Columbus discovered America. I bet he still thought the world was flat.

What is wrong with you people to used such piss poor examples?

http://www.adherents.com/people/pg/Galileo_Galilei.html

Galileo is probably more responsible than any other man for the empirical attitude of scientific research. It was he who first insisted upon the necessity of performing experiments. He rejected the notion that scientific questions could be decided by reliance upon authority, whether it be the pronouncements of the Church of the assertions of Aristotle. He also rejected reliance on complex deductive schemes that were not based on a firm foundation of experiment. Medieval scholastics had discussed at great length what should happen and why things happen, but Galileo insisted upon performing experiments to determine what actually did happen. His scientific outlook was distinctly non-mystical; in this respect, he was even more modern than some of his successors, such as Newton.

The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

How many rich actually fight in wars?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

You're a fucking idiot, can you discuss ANY topic without bringing your blatant racism into it?

Oh and by the way , study your American history you goddamned fool the American military has traditionally always been made up primarily of southern white boys, and always will be. Yep the same white guys you rail against and just claimed were outnumbered in the military. Also of course I could make a pretty good argument that rich black, and for that matter brown, people don't generally serve in the military. You're an idiot RDean

http://prhome.defense.gov/mpp/ACCESSION POLICY/PopRep2008/summary/chap5.pdf

That's the problem with your kind. You make a statement and then don't post any facts to back it up.

Actually, it's difficult to know the exact racial makeup of the US forces.

For instance, if you look at the Navy, the enlistment is listed as 62% white. Then you look at the breakdown and find that more then 53% are minorities. How can that be? Because many Hispanics are listed as "white".

Same thing with the Army. Nearly 73% are white, but if you add up the minorities, they're around 40%. Because Hispanics are counted as "white".

And look at blacks in the Army. Nearly 24%, while less than 12% of the population are black. As far as an ethnic group, they are by far represented way passed their much smaller numbers in the general population.

So you made a racist statement and backed it up with nothing. That the majority of military are southern white boys. Compare that to the "truth" and you can see it's a much different story.

What you can do is go look at the Heritage foundation. They say that a quarter of the military is made up of the wealthiest white kids in the country. The fuckers. Right wingers are so dirty. They lie about anything.

I was in the military. I knew one rich kid. His father owned a chain of department stores. He told his booze and drug addled son that if he could get through the military for three years, he would give him a store. And that's a true story.

Who's the idiot now, moron?

Forum List

Back