If you could travel through time...

I would assassinate a young man that was Karl Marx before he started writing anything and fade into the countryside.

If just for my personal pleasure? The 50s in a small/rural town in America.
I didn't mean to offend you in any way. Simply trying to give you more information.

If I could go back, I wouldn't change anything but I would do things better. Too much of our lives is wasted on fruitful adventures. Imagine where you'd be if you could correct that before it happened. But what else were to change. That's the big question
I wouldn’t change anything on a grand scale, but I would definitely tell myself to have a “zero connections” life. No friends. No relationships. Maybe a small, apartment-friendly dog, but that’s it. Be self-sufficient. No debt. Just you vs everyone else.

I wouldn’t change anything on a grand scale, but I would definitely tell myself to have a “zero connections” life. No friends. No relationships. Maybe a small, apartment-friendly dog, but that’s it. Be self-sufficient. No debt. Just you vs everyone else.
Can a dog fill all your loneliness ? I always thought this life was best lived if it was shared. I had one great lover for 18 years it's over now and I'm on my own but I've got Friends at least. And I get to do the things that I want to do most of the time. Life is good. I hope yours is awesome.

Certainly amazed about the good; most likely horrified about the bad. But then again, he knew people very well, he knew they were capable of doing both.
I still think he would have been amazed that the religion of Jesus became the religion about Jesus. Also that we're still awaiting the end times.

Would you have to be your younger self going back if you remained inside your own lifetime? Or can you go as you are today?

Because either way, I'd sell My soul just to talk with My mom, for an hour, a day, a week.

Can a dog fill all your loneliness ? I always thought this life was best lived if it was shared. I had one great lover for 18 years it's over now and I'm on my own but I've got Friends at least. And I get to do the things that I want to do most of the time. Life is good. I hope yours is awesome.
I don’t get lonely. I’m one of those unusual folks who can be perfectly comfortable all alone for extended periods of time. Dogs are great but books are better company.

Almost all the issues in my life could have been avoided by being alone. I might also be dead, but such is life.

Would you have to be your younger self going back if you remained inside your own lifetime? Or can you go as you are today?

Because either way, I'd sell My soul just to talk with My mom, for an hour, a day, a week.
It's your fantasy, it can be anything you wish. Very nice thoughts, worthy of realization.

It's your fantasy, it can be anything you wish. Very nice thoughts, worthy of realization.
Well, worthy to My peace of mind. I find there are many things that she would have wanted to know about and many, many, things I was too shallow or immature to express.

Well, worthy to My peace of mind. I find there are many things that she would have wanted to know about and many, many, things I was too shallow or immature to express.
I understand, my mother has been gone for over 20 years now. She was quite a wonderful person. Smart, witty, very adaptable, loving and kind. I would enjoy seeing her again myself. Enjoy the dream.

I understand, my mother has been gone for over 20 years now. She was quite a wonderful person. Smart, witty, very adaptable, loving and kind. I would enjoy seeing her again myself. Enjoy the dream.
I agree. Mine has been gone for 17 years now.

The Roman Empire, the 1920s but most of all Antediluvian Civilizations.

The Roman Empire, the 1920s but most of all Antediluvian Civilizations.
Excellent choices as far as I'm concerned. Interesting why did you pick the 1920s also ? The music ? What else ?

Excellent choices as far as I'm concerned. Interesting why did you pick the 1920s also ? The music ? What else ?

It was a great time! after the war everybody wanted to have fun and that's what they did The music too, of course, the clothes ....everything! :up:

It was a great time! after the war everybody wanted to have fun and that's what they did The music too, of course, the clothes ....everything! :up:
Thank you, sounds like you made very good choices.

I don’t get lonely. I’m one of those unusual folks who can be perfectly comfortable all alone for extended periods of time. Dogs are great but books are better company.

Almost all the issues in my life could have been avoided by being alone. I might also be dead, but such is life.
Although I get lonely occasionally, I am pretty satisfied living alone now. My ex lover is not my best friend and I often remind him that I probably wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for him. I was a little too wild in my younger years.
I think the trick is to keep busy and enjoy whatever you do.

Although I get lonely occasionally, I am pretty satisfied living alone now. My ex lover is not my best friend and I often remind him that I probably wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for him. I was a little too wild in my younger years.
I think the trick is to keep busy and enjoy whatever you do.
I discovered another typo, my ex lover is now my best friend, that was in post 35. I have bad arthritis in my fingers so I use a voice machine to print out the words, it doesn't ours get the words right. Once again sorry about this. I guess I'm going to just have to try to proofread every message better before I send it. We'll try to do better please bear with me.

Pretty much everything, mostly what is almost certainly severe depression since abut age ten. I wish I'd been aborted at least once a day.
Sorry to hear this. And you feel that you cannot change these things. I try to see the good in everything. When I start feeling depressed about anything I get myself out of that mindset immediately. It's your life, I hope you can do the same thing. If you need help get it. I don't know how you stand this situation. Best wishes.

Forum List

Back