If You Agree That Trump Has Presidential Immunity, Then Biden has the Right to Lock Trump Up

if the SCOTUS rules than a president is has unlimited immunity, then yes he could.

My hope is that they are not that fucking stupid, but it is a toss up

No one is asking for unlimited immunity.

And no immunity means Øbama can be charged with the droning deaths of 2 American citizens.

Biden can not lock me up. Put down your crack pipe.

Actually he can thanks to the NDAA of 2012 which gives the POTUS the authority to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person, including a U.S. citizen,"who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners", and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the United States or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities

Trump would go to jail and you couldn't do anything but watch it happen.
Actually Biden could have him shot on live TV.

What will actually happen is that SCOTUS. Will stall a few more months, say he has limited immunity related to the Constitutional scope of his authority, and punt it back down so that that case is not tried before the election.

If presidents have absolute immunity, he could do more than just lock him up. He could get out the waterboard and run some tests on tubby's lung capacity.

This is why we don't give presidents absolute immunity and no sane person would entertain that idea.
Of course not, but these MAGAS want to go along with trumps bs, they may need to know that Biden is the president and immunity would apply to him.

Actually Biden could have him shot on live TV.

What will actually happen is that SCOTUS. Will stall a few more months, say he has limited immunity related to the Constitutional scope of his authority, and punt it back down so that that case is not tried before the election.
I hope it isnt on pay per view. I hate that annoyance.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Do it and see what happens.
Biden would have to be incredibly stupid to lock Trump up.

Still, there is no doubt that Joe Biden is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. IIf anyone could be dumb enough to try such a trick it would be Joe.

Of course the liberal news media wold cheer Joe on.

• Fact
Reactions: iku
I think the trump worshippers don't see how trump has shot himself in the foot like Barney Fife. His team is arguing about presidential immunity while Trump is whining about Biden prosecuting his political opposition. If the president has immunity, Biden is the president and Biden can imprison trump and eveybody associated with trump.

TODAY.

Read the full brief asking the Supreme Court to reject Trump’s presidential immunity claim​

Special counsel Jack Smith’s team urged the Supreme Court on Monday night to reject former President Donald Trump’s claim that he is immune from prosecution in a case charging him with scheming to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

The brief from prosecutors was submitted just over two weeks before the justices take up the legally untested question of whether an ex-president is shielded from criminal charges for official actions taken in the White House.

Read Special Prosecutor Jack Smith’s full brief to the Supreme Court here:
that is so obvious that biden ought to lock the bastard up until the suprem court says he iis not immune for doing so.

1. it gets the supremes closer to the same time frame as the rest of us, (with trump in jail they will not wait 2 weeks to hear and a year to decide the case is moot since tump47 has already been in augerated and can now pardon himself or some equally tortured understanding of art 2.

2. points the direction this "immunity " argument leads.; straight to autocracy. l

Forum List

Back