If we saw each other at church on Sunday

D

Dim Bulb

Or at the mall, chances are we'd have a friendly, civil conversation. So why is it on here everyone is empowered to call each other a blankedy blank blank bleep?

Or at the mall, chances are we'd have a friendly, civil conversation. So why is it on here everyone is empowered to call each other a blankedy blank blank bleep?

Because a lot of people are cowards who like to be dicks when they can get away with it.

I guess some people think they're cool being disrespectful to others or maybe they think just because nobody can't see them so they can insul people. :dunno:
Who knows why? It's a sad thing.
frown.gif

If we saw each other at a political rally chances are we (mostly lefties) would reserve the right to smash windows and burn cars. This is a political forum not a Church social.

Good luck getting everyone here to church. I'll be praying for you.

If at the church or mall you say to me things people here say in the way they often say them, we'd both be better off if all I do is call you a "blankedy blank blank bleep."

Face to face, most people tend to refrain from certain behaviors:
  • They don't say things that are really stupid and then stand on them when they are shown the inanity of what they just said.
  • They don't troll for chances to make inflammatory comments.
  • When they're standing there looking at you standing 6'2" and built like a superhero they don't bark up the "fight" tree
  • They don't get into debates with strangers unless they actually do know what they are talking about.

I don't go to church or the mall and don't talk much to strangers anyway. I'm polite to polite people and not polite to not so polite people. Here and in person.

If you are not prepared to handle the truth, maybe you should stay off message boards.

If you are not prepared to handle the truth, maybe you should stay off message boards.

I think we can disagree without being disagreeable. What's wrong with saying, "hey, I hear you believe that but that is totally not what I believe?" Rather than "Anyone who thinks what you think is a blankedy blank blank bleep!"

And what's wrong with treating every interaction like we're at a church social? Would that be bad?

If I saw you at church I would be the first to try and put the fire out when you explode in flame walking into the building.

The main difference between online and real life interactions is that we don't necessarily wear our viewpoints on our sleeves on the street. In fact, that's why I prefer not to go out into public any more than necessary. You never know what sort of scum you might be hanging around with.

I think we can disagree without being disagreeable. What's wrong with saying, "hey, I hear you believe that but that is totally not what I believe?" Rather than "Anyone who thinks what you think is a blankedy blank blank bleep!"

And what's wrong with treating every interaction like we're at a church social? Would that be bad?

The left is always prepared to take it a step further. You are suggesting an arms treaty. People cheat.

If at the church or mall you say to me things people here say in the way they often say them, we'd both be better off if all I do is call you a "blankedy blank blank bleep."

Face to face, most people tend to refrain from certain behaviors:
  • They don't say things that are really stupid and then stand on them when they are shown the inanity of what they just said.
  • They don't troll for chances to make inflammatory comments.
  • When they're standing there looking at you standing 6'2" and built like a superhero they don't bark up the "fight" tree
  • They don't get into debates with strangers unless they actually do know what they are talking about.

"They don't say things that are really stupid and then stand on them when they are shown the inanity of what they just said."

Meh, I see folks in national "leadership" roles doing that daily.

You know what is funny is the reality I would still tell many on here they're living proof why I support abortion...

I am that much of a rotten asshole, and when someone describe themself that way what Chances are there will I be civil to others!?!

Oh, and I am aware the reality some of you would be offended and want to whip my mental midget ass but still I enjoy the shock value rather than the civil boring routine of life...

You know what is funny is the reality I would still tell many on here they're living proof why I support abortion...

I am that much of a rotten asshole, and when someone describe themself that way what Chances are there will I be civil to othwrs!?!

Oh, and I am aware the reality some of you would be offended and want to whip my mental midget was but still I enjoy the shock value rather than the civil boring routine of life...

I'm not offended. I just think we can do better as a culture. Rudeness isn't principle. It's rudeness.

Forum List

Back