If We Rewrote The Constitution...

Hmmm, my mistake. I thought this was the area for adult discussions. Blaming a guy for deficit spending that occurs 6 years after that guy left office isn't exactly adult discussion.

Policies cause national debt. Dates don't.

In terms of debt only: yes and no. Policies are the major drivers of debt. But a catastrophic mistake made by a president can jack up the debt, as we saw with George W. Bush, Jr. and the Iraq war.

But not ALL of the debt was accrued under Bush 43.

It is, however, a lot like a guy who started a heavy snowball at the top of the hill and starting to let it roll down, then walked away and criticized the other guy at the bottom of the hill for not stopping what has now become a boulder.

Good analogy.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

If the Constitution is ‘rewritten,’ it will no longer be the Constitution.

Again, the Constitution is very much more than just ‘what’s written,’ it’s very much more than just a ‘blueprint’ for government; the Constitution is a document of the law, the codification of our must cherished and fundamental principles, and those principles are expressed and put into practice each day by the case law that is the Constitution.

In essence to ‘rewrite’ the Constitution is to destroy it.

Again, the Constitution is very much more than just ‘what’s written,’ it’s very much more than just a ‘blueprint’ for government; the Constitution is a document of the law, the codification of our must cherished and fundamental principles, and those principles are expressed and put into practice each day by the case law that is the Constitution.

Then your case law has indeed rewritten and destroyed the Constitution.

Congrats.

As American citizens we have an, implied at least, often sworn, allegiance to our Constitution.

The document describes the government that we consent by that oath to be governed by.

We used to all know and respect that pledge.

Hmmm, my mistake. I thought this was the area for adult discussions. Blaming a guy for deficit spending that occurs 6 years after that guy left office isn't exactly adult discussion.

In terms of debt only: yes and no. Policies are the major drivers of debt. But a catastrophic mistake made by a president can jack up the debt, as we saw with George W. Bush, Jr. and the Iraq war.

It is, however, a lot like a guy who started a heavy snowball at the top of the hill and starting to let it roll down, then walked away and criticized the other guy at the bottom of the hill for not stopping what has now become a boulder.

There is no escaping the fact that at a time when the economy needed his attention (and had he done anything meaningful....you can put the so called "stimulus" on his tab...and spare me the greatest recession bull) he was into health care which only slowed things down.

There is no escaping the fact that at a time when the economy needed his attention (and had he done anything meaningful....you can put the so called "stimulus" on his tab...and spare me the greatest recession bull) he was into health care which only slowed things down.

There is no escaping that the American recovery from the Great Recession was the best in the developed world.

There is no escaping that Bush economic policies caused the Great Recession.

The trajectory of conservatism took the country from the best of times to the worst of times. At least since the Great Depression.

The trajectory of America since Bush, has been unrelentingly up.

Truth extremely inconvenient to those who fell for conservatism's siren song.

You may like it but it doesn't work in the real world.

W's policies as well as the Democrats policies. Slick, Harry and George all walked us into that disaster.

According to Republicans anyhow.

I personally fail to see how eliminating redlining caused a housing boom or bust or the collapse of Wall Street or US auto.

It seems that ultra low interest rates in good times, giving business the option to create risky mortgages, disguise the risk, the sell it, are much more root causes. As is tax cuts to the wealthy in the face of megabucks for holy wars.

W's policies as well as the Democrats policies. Slick, Harry and George all walked us into that disaster.

Obama has done nothing but ignore what is important all the while focusing on what suites his ego.

This is a "what if" thread about what people might like to see in a "new and improved" constitution. Already we see that somehow people think that things are great while others don't agree.

I would ask what your thoughts would be on the following.....

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

attributed to John Adams.

Obama has done nothing but ignore what is important all the while focusing on what suites his ego.

This is a "what if" thread about what people might like to see in a "new and improved" constitution. Already we see that somehow people think that things are great while others don't agree.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

You would have thought that John would have known that freedom of religion requires separation of church and state.

Other than that, he was, certainly welcome to all of his opinions.

I'm sure that the Taliban, for instance, has many such opinions about the opposite of freedom of religion.

" Obama has done nothing but ignore what is important all the while focusing on what suites his ego."

He ended Bush's holy wars.

He ended Bush's Great Recession.

He performed nearly miraculous recoveries of Wall Street and US auto.

He's navigated really tough times in the Middle East without war.

He extracted retribution from Osama bin Laden.

He's avoided anything even close to 9/11.

He ended Bush's wealth redistribution tax cuts.

He got BP to pay for 100% of the Gulf cleanup.

He has gotten Bush's deficits down to reasonable.

He got passed the first comprehensive reform of the health insurance business getting us up to the standards of every other developed country in the world.

He prevented Republicans from shutting down the country.

He got Federal Disaster Recovery forces up to what's necessary now that AGW has imposed her initial consequences.

He upped CAFE standards to the next level of common sense.

He managed great progress on getting us off our addiction to oil from our enemies.

All with absolutely zero help, and maximum resistance to every ounce of progress from Republicans.

I personally fail to see how eliminating redlining caused a housing boom or bust or the collapse of Wall Street or US auto.
Um, yeah, when I added in Slick and Harry (and Nancy et al), I was referring of course specifically to redlining. What else could I be referring to that Democrats caused the recession other than redlining? Wow, you went right to the heart of it.

:eusa_think:

It seems that ultra low interest rates in good times, giving business the option to create risky mortgages, disguise the risk, the sell it, are much more root causes. As is tax cuts to the wealthy in the face of megabucks for holy wars.

There was also that Slick brought Financial Services CEOs in and told them if they didn't make sub-prime loans they'd be endlessly hauled into endless Congressional witch hunts.

Last edited:

I'm descended from the Adams family, not the one "d"...

I agree with the quote regarding the moral, though since I'm not religious I see no reason that would be required, other than it could be a contributor to the moral part.

I don't think any form of government would work for the immoral. Liberals would corrupt any system through their greed and their appeal to other's greed. In the end, they just twist whatever is said to suit their purposes.

You would have thought that John would have known that freedom of religion requires separation of church and state.

I'm sure that the Taliban, for instance, has many such opinions about the opposite of freedom of religion.

There is no separation of church and State in the Constitution. That didn't happen until the 20th century when the Supreme Court added it to the Constitution through judicial fiat.

" Obama has done nothing but ignore what is important all the while focusing on what suites his ego."

He ended Bush's holy wars. - Actually he finished Iraq according to W's timeline and expanded Afghanistan

He ended Bush's Great Recession. - Actually, it's still not ended, the economy is below where it started. Do you mean he will beffre he leaves office?

He performed nearly miraculous recoveries of Wall Street and US auto. - :lmao:

He's navigated really tough times in the Middle East without war. - Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria, what are you talking about? He does nothing but get us involved in more conflicts over there.

He extracted retribution from Osama bin Laden. - The seals did, he did nothing

He's avoided anything even close to 9/11. - So did W, and 9/11 was on Slick. They were already in the US training for the mission when W took over.

He ended Bush's wealth redistribution tax cuts. - Yes comrade, because all money is the people's money. To take less money is to give money.

He got BP to pay for 100% of the Gulf cleanup. - :eusa_eh:

He has gotten Bush's deficits down to reasonable. - Yes, he got W's $300 billion deficits down to $1.5 trillion, way to go, big O!

He got passed the first comprehensive reform of the health insurance business getting us up to the standards of every other developed country in the world. - And doubled and tripled policy prices. Thanks Obama!

He prevented Republicans from shutting down the country. - what does this mean?

He got Federal Disaster Recovery forces up to what's necessary now that AGW has imposed her initial consequences. - And we still don't know if it exists much less if man is the cause. :eusa_eh:

He upped CAFE standards to the next level of common sense. - wow, common sense, that's awesome... :eusa_whistle:

He managed great progress on getting us off our addiction to oil from our enemies. - actually it's happened in spite of his endless blocking of domestic production and nuclear power.

All with absolutely zero help, and maximum resistance to every ounce of progress from Republicans. - wow, what a guy... :eusa_boohoo:

Um, yeah, when I added in Slick and Harry (and Nancy et al), I was referring of course specifically to redlining. What else could I be referring to that Democrats caused the recession other than redlining? Wow, you went right to the heart of it.

:eusa_think:

There was also that Slick brought Financial Services CEOs in and told them if they didn't make sub-prime loans they'd be endlessly hauled into endless Congressional witch hunts.

Let's get some evidence on that. Bet you can't.

I agree with the quote regarding the moral, though since I'm not religious I see no reason that would be required, other than it could be a contributor to the moral part.

I don't think any form of government would work for the immoral. Liberals would corrupt any system through their greed and their appeal to other's greed. In the end, they just twist whatever is said to suit their purposes.

More stuff lacking any evidence. You're on a roll.

There is no separation of church and State in the Constitution. That didn't happen until the 20th century when the Supreme Court added it to the Constitution through judicial fiat.

It is pretty clear in the Constitution that there will be no state religion. As well as just common sense. There is not freedom of religion unless the state is out of the business.

" obama has done nothing but ignore what is important all the while focusing on what suites his ego."

he ended bush's holy wars. - actually he finished iraq according to w's timeline and expanded afghanistan

he ended bush's great recession. - actually, it's still not ended, the economy is below where it started. Do you mean he will beffre he leaves office?

He performed nearly miraculous recoveries of wall street and us auto. - :lmao:

He's navigated really tough times in the middle east without war. - iraq, afghanistan, libya, egypt, syria, what are you talking about? He does nothing but get us involved in more conflicts over there.

He extracted retribution from osama bin laden. - the seals did, he did nothing

he's avoided anything even close to 9/11. - so did w, and 9/11 was on slick. They were already in the us training for the mission when w took over.

He ended bush's wealth redistribution tax cuts. - yes comrade, because all money is the people's money. To take less money is to give money.

He got bp to pay for 100% of the gulf cleanup. - :eusa_eh:

He has gotten bush's deficits down to reasonable. - yes, he got w's $300 billion deficits down to $1.5 trillion, way to go, big o!

He got passed the first comprehensive reform of the health insurance business getting us up to the standards of every other developed country in the world. - and doubled and tripled policy prices. Thanks obama!

He prevented republicans from shutting down the country. - what does this mean?

He got federal disaster recovery forces up to what's necessary now that agw has imposed her initial consequences. - and we still don't know if it exists much less if man is the cause. :eusa_eh:

He upped cafe standards to the next level of common sense. - wow, common sense, that's awesome... :eusa_whistle:

He managed great progress on getting us off our addiction to oil from our enemies. - actually it's happened in spite of his endless blocking of domestic production and nuclear power.

All with absolutely zero help, and maximum resistance to every ounce of progress from republicans. - wow, what a guy... :eusa_boohoo:

xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

More stuff lacking any evidence. You're on a roll.

Didn't read the question, did you TM?

Forum List

Back