If there is a war with Iran it would have to be fought quickly...

Iran is unfinished business left over from the Carter years. We can no longer tolerate a radical Islamist government arming terrorists in its region and around the world. When they attacked the American embassy, it was equivalent to a declaration of war. We have unfinished business, it's time to finish it.

Like what? I remember we opened a can of whoopass during the invasion.

Actually, it was the occupation, not the invasion, where we suffered most of our casualties.

I agreed with taking out Saddam. I didn't agree with the occupation and governing and rebuilding their nation. We should have coordinated with the Shiites for them to take over the day-to-day security and governance of their cities with our forces remaining comfortably outside of their population centers and out of harms way.

Iran is unfinished business left over from the Carter years. We can no longer tolerate a radical Islamist government arming terrorists in its region and around the world. When they attacked the American embassy, it was equivalent to a declaration of war. We have unfinished business, it's time to finish it.

Yea, they need to go. Annihilating the Iranian regime might also motivate Jung-un to make meaningful changes and reform.

and your plan includes complete regime change, suckin' up to the wests oilocracy , along with a pass for Israel, right?

~S~

No regime change. Just leave their political infrastructure in smouldering ruins, and let them put it back together.

We couldn't have a long build-up like we did in the days before the Gulf War and the Iraq War.

We'd have to have the element of surprise.

Targeting and killing Iran's leadership would help create the chaos necessary for a swift victory.
why? why no build up?

Like what? I remember we opened a can of whoopass during the invasion.

Actually, it was the occupation, not the invasion, where we suffered most of our casualties.

I agreed with taking out Saddam. I didn't agree with the occupation and governing and rebuilding their nation. We should have coordinated with the Shiites for them to take over the day-to-day security and governance of their cities with our forces remaining comfortably outside of their population centers and out of harms way.

But, we're Americans ... we can't help but go some where and stay. We've been in Germany in Japan for 75 years. We've been in Cuba for 120 years. We aren't the kind of people who can go in, wipe them out, and salt the earth so nothing ever grows again.

More is the pity.

The last time we did that, we ended up with these guys...
We don't need to ship arms in ... just stop food from getting in.

The regime and the military will eat. The folks that would fight on our side would be the first to go without.

I believe Iran is ripe for a civil war. Trust me, if Iran pushes us, we will develop the insurgency that is already there.

But, we're Americans ... we can't help but go some where and stay. We've been in Germany in Japan for 75 years. We've been in Cuba for 120 years. We aren't the kind of people who can go in, wipe them out, and salt the earth so nothing ever grows again.

More is the pity.

I've been arguing for years now that the U.S. needs to base our forces where they are most likely to be needed, such as the middle-east, not in Europe. Having forces in place in Iraq, for instance, would seem to be a tremendous deterrent.

More is the pity.

I've been arguing for years now that the U.S. needs to base our forces where they are most likely to be needed, such as the middle-east, not in Europe. Having forces in place in Iraq, for instance, would seem to be a tremendous deterrent.

We have forces parked in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Turkey, Qatar, and Muscat. It doesn't seem to have brought much peace or stability to the region or acted as much of a deterrent.

We have the ability to project power globally without boots on the ground. I would be in favor of bringing home all American troops from abroad and stop trying to solve the ills of the world.

We have forces parked in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Turkey, Qatar, and Muscat. It doesn't seem to have brought much peace or stability to the region or acted as much of a deterrent.

It's hard to say what might have happened if we had not been there all these years.

Having armored divisions and infantry divisions, etc., on the ground right next door in Iraq would most assuredly give the Iranian regime second thoughts.

There won’t be a war with Iran. Their entire country is set ablaze and they lose 90% of their entire military force when Iran, Russia, and Turkey suddenly turn South and attack Israel and God destroys them With Hell Fire, Brimstone, and Hail, and well as a plague and then insanity as they turn on each other.

There are so many bodies it takes 7 months to bury the dead and it takes 7 years to clear the battlefield of the wreckage of the combined Islamic-Russian Alliance.

Isaiah 17 & Ezekiel 38 & 39.

There won’t be a war with Iran. Their entire country is set ablaze and they lose 90% of their entire military force when Iran, Russia, and Turkey suddenly turn South and attack Israel and God destroys them With Hell Fire, Brimstone, and Hail, and well as a plague and then insanity as they turn on each other.

There are so many bodies it takes 7 months to bury the dead and it takes 7 years to clear the battlefield of the wreckage of the combined Islamic-Russian Alliance.

Weren't the armies all on horses when this was to occur?

Well, it’s hard to tell if that was just imagery painted for people who 2,500 years ago would have no idea of what an Automobile or plane was, or if something happens to where like an EMP is set off and those armies resort to foot soldiers and horses to attack Israel.

The only thing we know is that Russia, Iran & Turkey have never been allied together in the past 2,500 years until now.

Damascus and several Syrian Cities will also be completely reduced to rubble.

Current state of Damascus

Weren't the armies all on horses when this was to occur?

The plan would be to kill the Islamist leaders and let the people decide their new leadership.
It's never worked anywhere else, why would it here?
Some people in third world countries are not smart enough to select their own leaders.
We aren’t the world police

It's one thing to take out their oil fields and ports, but killing women and children not to mention killing oppressed minorities within Iran that have not harmed Americans is obscene

Forum List

Back