If The Economy Is Improving….

Like I said in another thread, I find it wonderfully ironic that with all the comparisons to Carter, it's this President that's talking positive while it's the opposition that has to cry gloom and doom.

And we all know why.

:D

Plus, just for the record, some of the claims in the article are neither good or bad things.

For example:

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of self-employed Americans fallen by more than 2 million since 2006?

If the economy is getting better, then why did an all-time record low percentage of U.S. teens have a job last summer?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average age of a vehicle in America now sitting at an all-time high?

If the economy is getting better, then why are 19 percent of all American men between the ages of 25 and 34 living with their parents?

To all of those I would answer "So what?"
opinion pieces and links to charts a year old.

Which one is opinion pieces again?
I noticed you copied and paste the question but you did not do that with the link?
For example
If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?
New-home sales dropped in December - Jan. 26, 2012

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?
The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?
Average (Mean) Duration of Unemployment (UEMPMEAN) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?
U.S. News - Number of homeless female veterans more than doubles

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

SNAP Monthly Data

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?
2011 Child Well-Being Index (CWI) | Foundation for Child Development

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in "extreme poverty" at an all-time high?
Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels – 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound You

If the economy is getting better, then why do only 23 percent of American companies plan to hire more employees in 2012?
Less than a quarter of companies to hire in 2012: CareerBuilder - latimes.com

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average age of a vehicle in America now sitting at an all-time high?

Average age of U.S. vehicles is now 10.8 years

If the economy is getting better, then why are 18 percent of all homes in the state of Florida currently sitting vacant?
Nearly 20% of Florida homes are vacant - Mar. 18, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why are 19 percent of all American men between the ages of 25 and 34 living with their parents?
Living with the folks - Nov. 4, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why does the number of "long-term unemployed workers" stay so high? When Barack Obama first took office, the number of "long-term unemployed workers" in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

You didn't answer my question.

Do you think the links in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?

I find it ironic that you don't.

Which one is opinion pieces again?
I noticed you copied and paste the question but you did not do that with the link?
For example
If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?
New-home sales dropped in December - Jan. 26, 2012

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?
The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?
Average (Mean) Duration of Unemployment (UEMPMEAN) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?
U.S. News - Number of homeless female veterans more than doubles

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

SNAP Monthly Data

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?
2011 Child Well-Being Index (CWI) | Foundation for Child Development

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in "extreme poverty" at an all-time high?
Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels – 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound You

If the economy is getting better, then why do only 23 percent of American companies plan to hire more employees in 2012?
Less than a quarter of companies to hire in 2012: CareerBuilder - latimes.com

Average age of U.S. vehicles is now 10.8 years

If the economy is getting better, then why are 18 percent of all homes in the state of Florida currently sitting vacant?

Living with the folks - Nov. 4, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why does the number of "long-term unemployed workers" stay so high? When Barack Obama first took office, the number of "long-term unemployed workers" in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

And I find it cowardly that you won't answer a simple question.

Like I said in another thread, I find it wonderfully ironic that with all the comparisons to Carter, it's this President that's talking positive while it's the opposition that has to cry gloom and doom.

And we all know why.

Dumb ass this has nothing to do with politics there are people if not prepared will die. But you continue with you partisanship. Why can't you get past your political partisanship and and try to help people?

You do more harm by telling people things are getting better, they need to prepare so the shock when the bottom falls out will not be so bad. Why are you doing this? When the bottom falls and the government can no longer cov er up their lie people will panic. Why do you want people to panic why don't you want them to prepared now before it's to late?

Those links are supported. Those links can be varified with whats going on in the real world Where is your source to support your claim?

And we all know why.

Dumb ass this has nothing to do with politics there are people if not prepared will die. But you continue with you partisanship. Why can't you get past your political partisanship and and try to help people?

You do more harm by telling people things are getting better, they need to prepare so the shock when the bottom falls out will not be so bad. Why are you doing this? When the bottom falls and the government can no longer cov er up their lie people will panic. Why do you want people to panic why don't you want them to prepared now before it's to late?

It might be because I think your so-called evidence is crap and that going the way you want things to go ISN'T helping people, at least not as many.

And we all know why.

Well this time the numbers are different from when democrats were throwing fits. Care to explain?

And we all know why.

It might be because I think your so-called evidence is crap and that going the way you want things to go ISN'T helping people, at least not as many.

Take a look around you open those eyes for once.

Piss off with your superiority bit over me. I have been looking around and I don't like a lot of what I see, but that doesn't mean I have to come to the same conclusion and I don't.

Those links are supported. Those links can be varified with whats going on in the real world Where is your source to support your claim?

Still won't answer the question I see. Ok coward. I'll help out and get more specific.

SNAP Monthly Data

Link for one of the sources in your article. It shows a chart of people receiving food stamps. It also shows that the increases have been slowing year over year since Bush left office and that in fact, the past 3 months have seen a decline in the total number.

So, how does a decline in the total number of people receiving food stamps mean the economy is getting worse?

Still won't answer the question I see. Ok coward. I'll help out and get more specific.

SNAP Monthly Data

Link for one of the sources in your article. It shows a chart of people receiving food stamps. It also shows that the increases have been slowing year over year since Bush left office and that in fact, the past 3 months have seen a decline in the total number.

So, how does a decline in the total number of people receiving food stamps mean the economy is getting worse?

What decline in numbers of people receiving food stamps? There's an all time record of people receiving them 64 million people.

Last edited:
Here's another one for you, Coward.

From your article, the link showing vacant homes in Florida .... from March of last year!

What's going on today?

South Florida's single-family home move-ins rise in Q4 - South Florida Business Journal

Homeowner vacancy, rental rates fall in Q4 | Reuters

NOW, we see vacancies falling both in South Florida and nationally.

So, how do vacant homes from 11 months ago prove that the economy is worsening now, as you claim?

SNAP Monthly Data

What decline in numbers of people receiving food stamps? There's an all time record of people receiving them 64 million people.

Do you need help reading your own links?

What was the total in Sept 2011? What is the total in November of 2011?

Which number is higher?

And we all know why.

Well this time the numbers are different from when democrats were throwing fits. Care to explain?

Bush was the DEVIL when his rose to 5.2%...and 7.3% at the end of his term... (5.2 was average over the span of his two terms).

Piss off with your superiority bit over me. I have been looking around and I don't like a lot of what I see, but that doesn't mean I have to come to the same conclusion and I don't.

superiority? If telling you to open your eyes and look around you makes you think I am trying to be superior to you you are a lost cause. I'm trying to help you open your eyes before it's too late.

From your article, the link showing vacant homes in Florida .... from March of last year!

What's going on today?

South Florida's single-family home move-ins rise in Q4 - South Florida Business Journal

So, how do vacant homes from 11 months ago prove that the economy is worsening now, as you claim?

User move-ins to single-family residences climbed to 1,230 in South Florida

Party time!!!! :lol:

What's going on today?

Is that Section 8 housing?

superiority? If telling you to open your eyes and look around you makes you think I am trying to be superior to you you are a lost cause. I'm trying to help you open your eyes before it's too late.
He won't. Statist supporters won't. Their Party and Obama are more important as they continue to soak the 'rich' and demand more...fucking lazy ass moochers.

Yeah, you were also being a birther in another thread. Spare me.

What's going on today?

Is that Section 8 housing?

I love hearing all about my business from the left. ITS SO ACCURATE :lol:

Forum List

Back