If The Economy Is Improving….

If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in "extreme poverty" at an all-time high?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the Federal Housing Administration on the verge of a financial collapse?

If the economy is getting better, then why do only 23 percent of American companies plan to hire more employees in 2012?

And the economy is getting better. Do you know what "Better" mean? (The economy is sick but is better but not yet completely well and the economy is taking steps forward and not backward. The economy are not in a coma and coming out of a coma):clap2:

Back up your allegation with some facts, please. Other wise you are only moving your mouth.

The numbers are cooked...Gubmint is lying to you...what part of this don't you understand?

I can't blah blah blah 24 hours blah blah blah.:clap2:

If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in "extreme poverty" at an all-time high?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the Federal Housing Administration on the verge of a financial collapse?

If the economy is getting better, then why do only 23 percent of American companies plan to hire more employees in 2012?

And the economy is getting better. Do you know what "Better" mean? (The economy is sick but is better but not yet completely well and the economy is taking steps forward and not backward. The economy are not in a coma and coming out of a coma):clap2:

Back up your allegation with some facts, please. Other wise you are only moving your mouth.
If you would have looked within the source you would have seen links that would show that the economy is not getting better but getting worse. Just because the government says that the economy is getting better do not make it true.

Well, you're right that the sources within the article say the economy is getting worse. However, many of the sources are opinion pieces and mean nothing. Others, like the FRED link, link to data that is over a year old.

In short, there was nothing I could find in that article that factually proves the economy is getting worse. But, maybe I missed something. Why don't you present the evidence and the link. Thanks.

If you would have looked within the source you would have seen links that would show that the economy is not getting better but getting worse. Just because the government says that the economy is getting better do not make it true.

Well, you're right that the sources within the article say the economy is getting worse. However, many of the sources are opinion pieces and mean nothing. Others, like the FRED link, link to data that is over a year old.

In short, there was nothing I could find in that article that factually proves the economy is getting worse. But, maybe I missed something. Why don't you present the evidence and the link. Thanks.

You do more harm by telling people things are getting better, they need to prepare so the shock when the bottom falls out will not be so bad. Why are you doing this? When the bottom falls and the government can no longer cov er up their lie people will panic. Why do you want people to panic why don't you want them to prepared now before it's to late?

You do more harm by telling people things are getting better, they need to prepare so the shock when the bottom falls out will not be so bad. Why are you doing this? When the bottom falls and the government can no longer cov er up their lie people will panic. Why do you want people to panic why don't you want them to prepared now before it's to late?

I'm doing this because I see no evidence the economy is getting worse. Why should I say it's getting worse when no one can show me it's getting worse?

I don't practice faith-based economics. I need facts.

And the bottom is going to fall out within a year...Obama, The Congress...and all the rest and thier measures are delaying the enevitable...Greece will look like a picnic in the park on a sunny Sunday compared to what will happen here...

Because various elements in the economy (like the RE market, or employment) do not move up or down in unison with the GDP.

Now honestly, lad, did you NOT know that?

Bacause if you seriously don't know that?

Really then there is no reason for anone to even consider you're POV about things economic

Go read a book, lad.

Was that command side step to the left? Do you really want a discussion on artificially inflated GDP? We could crank it further you know. Just have the government ramp up spending. It works every single time without fail.

I'm doing this because I see no evidence the economy is getting worse. Why should I say it's getting worse when no one can show me it's getting worse?

I wouldn't want that on my head to lie to people for political gain. The economy is getting worse I suggest that you stop hunting for government talking points and prepare. You do realize you are practicing a faith based in government?

Last edited:

Because various elements in the economy (like the RE market, or employment) do not move up or down in unison with the GDP.

Now honestly, lad, did you NOT know that?

Bacause if you seriously don't know that?

Really then there is no reason for anone to even consider you're POV about things economic

Go read a book, lad.

Was that command side step to the left? Do you really want a discussion on artificially inflated GDP? We could crank it further you know. Just have the government ramp up spending. It works every single time without fail.
And the O has already demanded another hike in the ceiling...with no real budget to be seen as they languish collecting dust on Dingy Harry Reid's desk...:eusa_whistle:

And the bottom is going to fall out within a year...Obama, The Congress...and all the rest and thier measures are delaying the enevitable...Greece will look like a picnic in the park on a sunny Sunday compared to what will happen here...

That's what some say. But what I can't understand is why do some people defend the government know full well they are doing more harm than good trying to defend the cooked numbers that the government releases.

I wouldn't want that on my head to lie to people for political gain.
The economy is getting worse I suggest that you stop hunting for government talking points and prepare. You do realize you are practicing a faith based in government?

Who is lying?

Again, there is no evidence that the economy is getting worse or the bottom is going to fall out. You still have not shown any.

The economy is getting worse I suggest that you stop hunting for government talking points and prepare. You do realize you are practicing a faith based in government?

Who is lying?

Again, there is no evidence that the economy is getting worse or the bottom is going to fall out. You still have not shown any.

According to you there is no evidence things are getting worse. Things are getting worse.

You still have not shown any.
In the source there are links in each question that verifies why the question was asked. You ahve not refuted those links.

I wouldn't want that on my head to lie to people for political gain. The economy is getting worse I suggest that you stop hunting for government talking points and prepare. You do realize you are practicing a faith based in government?

Who is lying?

According to you there is no evidence things are getting worse. Things are getting worse.

In the source there are links in each question that verifies why the question was asked. You ahve not refuted those links.
Correct. Not ONE. Nor is he interested in doing so. He is best left to his own devices to being stupid.

Who is lying?

So, let me get this straight. You want me to prove that you are wrong, even though you have provided no evidence in support of your position.

Wait, unless, do you think the links contained in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?

That's what some say. But what I can't understand is why do some people defend the government know full well they are doing more harm than good trying to defend the cooked numbers that the government releases.
Because they benefit...or they are stupid. What else could it be?

Who is lying?

So, let me get this straight. You want me to prove that you are wrong, even though you have provided no evidence in support of your position.

Wait, unless, do you think the links contained in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?

The supporting links are within the questions in the source. Or do you have a problem understanding this?

The supporting links are within the questions in the source. Or do you have a problem understanding this?
Do Be Stupid doesn't care.

Dude, we got it. There are links to sources within the article. We know. THAT is what I'm talking about! The links do NOT prove your point that the economy is worsening. They are opinion pieces and links to charts a year old. Did you look at the links?

Now answer the question, do you think the links in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?

Dude, we got it. There are links to sources within the article. We know. THAT is what I'm talking about! The links do NOT prove your point that the economy is worsening. They are opinion pieces and links to charts a year old. Did you look at the links?

Now answer the question, do you think the links in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?

Plus, just for the record, some of the claims in the article are neither good or bad things.

For example:

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of self-employed Americans fallen by more than 2 million since 2006?

If the economy is getting better, then why did an all-time record low percentage of U.S. teens have a job last summer?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average age of a vehicle in America now sitting at an all-time high?

If the economy is getting better, then why are 19 percent of all American men between the ages of 25 and 34 living with their parents?

To all of those I would answer "So what?"

Plus, just for the record, some of the claims in the article are neither good or bad things.

For example:

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of self-employed Americans fallen by more than 2 million since 2006?

If the economy is getting better, then why did an all-time record low percentage of U.S. teens have a job last summer?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average age of a vehicle in America now sitting at an all-time high?

If the economy is getting better, then why are 19 percent of all American men between the ages of 25 and 34 living with their parents?

opinion pieces and links to charts a year old.

Which one is opinion pieces again?
I noticed you copied and paste the question but you did not do that with the link?
For example
New-home sales dropped in December - Jan. 26, 2012

The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

Average (Mean) Duration of Unemployment (UEMPMEAN) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

U.S. News - Number of homeless female veterans more than doubles

SNAP Monthly Data

2011 Child Well-Being Index (CWI) | Foundation for Child Development

Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels – 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound You

Less than a quarter of companies to hire in 2012: CareerBuilder - latimes.com

Average age of U.S. vehicles is now 10.8 years

If the economy is getting better, then why are 18 percent of all homes in the state of Florida currently sitting vacant?
Nearly 20% of Florida homes are vacant - Mar. 18, 2011

Living with the folks - Nov. 4, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why does the number of "long-term unemployed workers" stay so high? When Barack Obama first took office, the number of "long-term unemployed workers" in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

For example:

opinion pieces and links to charts a year old.

Which one is opinion pieces again?
I noticed you copied and paste the question but you did not do that with the link?
For example
New-home sales dropped in December - Jan. 26, 2012

The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

Average (Mean) Duration of Unemployment (UEMPMEAN) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

U.S. News - Number of homeless female veterans more than doubles

SNAP Monthly Data

2011 Child Well-Being Index (CWI) | Foundation for Child Development

Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels – 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound You

Less than a quarter of companies to hire in 2012: CareerBuilder - latimes.com

Average age of U.S. vehicles is now 10.8 years

If the economy is getting better, then why are 18 percent of all homes in the state of Florida currently sitting vacant?
Nearly 20% of Florida homes are vacant - Mar. 18, 2011

Living with the folks - Nov. 4, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why does the number of "long-term unemployed workers" stay so high? When Barack Obama first took office, the number of "long-term unemployed workers" in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

You didn't answer my question.

Do you think the links in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?

Forum List

Back