If Ryan's plan for seniors is so great, why doesn't it apply to seniors?

I read that Paul Ryan's austerity measures in his plan dont apply to anyone over 55 regarding benefits for seniors.

If they are saying their plan is so great for seniors, why doesn't it apply to our seniors?

What? Instead of pretending to be something you're not, you should have paid closer attention to current events.

Why doesn't Bucs Starkey read the Ryan plan?

I read that Paul Ryan's austerity measures in his plan dont apply to anyone over 55 regarding benefits for seniors.

If they are saying their plan is so great for seniors, why doesn't it apply to our seniors?

Evidently you don't know very much about how money accumulates and the term "actuary " really goes over your head!

So simply put at age 55 and older that's only 10 years to retirement. Not really enough time to take advantage of another term that goes WAY over your head.."compound interest"!

Why is it a "nice try"? Explain the merits of a $6,000 a year cost increase for Medicare beneficiaries over opening up Medicare to anyone who would like to purchase it?

Explain your claim. Show how Ryan's plan increases Medicare costs for beneficiaries by $6000 a year.

I will. AynRyan's plan is to replace Medicare with an unknown voucher system. It will let insurance companies decide the cost of insuring those over 65. If the voucher doesn't cover the actual cost, go pound sand you old fuck. It will probably reduce Medicare costs, at the expense of those who need it most.

I'm on Medicare Advantage Plan the precursor of Ryan's voucher and IT IS FANTASTIC!
Right now Medicare pays my Advantage plan $800 per month.
My plan takes care of all expenses including
1) paying my $96.40/month fee I would have had to pay with traditional Medicare
2) provides $50 a month in over the counter health products
3) Do NOT pay any co-pays as required by regular Medicare of 20% if I had a visit!
4) And they provide health club memberships to keep me healthy!!!

I'm trying to figure out this thread.

Is the Ryan plan going to kill millions of Medicare Seniors or is it not?

Does it effect them or not?

You claim on one hand it will cut Medicare but then you turn around and say "Why isn't his plan for Seniors?"

It's like the OP has a split personality.

Fact is Obama has already cut Medicare by $700 billion. He's just trying to keep it secret. His press doesn't want to talk about it. Maybe you won't find out from what you consider a credible source. Fact is Ryan's plan has no effect on anyone collecting Medicare benefits.

When the voters discover Obama has been stealing from their benefits they're gonna be mad as hell.

How will they find out?

When their physician tells them he no-longer accepts Medicare patients.

Last edited:

Ryan answered your question the other night during a CBS interview but they edited his answer out and for good reason--to "protect" Barack Obama.

Ryan stated that his mother who lives in Florida--is on Medicare--and that the elderly on Medicare have built their retirements around the current Medicare plan--and that is why nothing will change for them--including those who are currently 55 and older.

54 and under will still be able to choose Medicare when they reach 65 or they may opt for a different plan. The one size fits all in health care is nonsense. As if we have all come out of the same cloner.

Ryans Medicare plan is really an off-shoot of one of Bill Clinton's plans for Medicare--in a way to get quality care for seniors but in a more efficient way.

obama-and-media.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:

Ryan answered your question the other night during a CBS interview but they edited his answer out and for good reason--to "protect" Barack Obama.

Ryan stated that his mother who lives in Florida--is on Medicare--and that the elderly on Medicare have built their retirements around the current Medicare plan--and that is why nothing will change for them--including those who are currently 55 and older.

54 and under will still be able to choose Medicare when they reach 65 or they may opt for a different plan. The one size fits all in health care is nonsense. As if we have all come out of the same cloner.

Ryans Medicare plan is really an off-shoot of one of Bill Clinton's plans for Medicare--in a way to get quality care for seniors but in a more efficient way.

obama-and-media.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

So medicare is better and they get to keep it because they've been paying into it all along.

That's what he's really saying: Medicare is better.

The Ryan Medicare voucher plan would allow private health insurance companies to cherry pick the most healthy seniors, leaving least healthy seniors in government Medicare - which would make it unsustainable and wreck it. Hence, leaving the least healthy seniors out in the cold. Sooo, the video showing granny being thrown off the cliff still applies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U&feature=player_embedded]The Agenda Project: Granny Off the Cliff - YouTube[/ame]

obama-and-media.jpg

So medicare is better and they get to keep it because they've been paying into it all along.

Nope. What he's saying is they get to keep it because they're happy with it. They're plans revolve around it.

The new form of Medicare will be more efficient and less expensive to run.

Idiot, if we don't reform it now, our seniors will
continue to get crappier care and eventually Medicare will break.

Ask Obama how cutting 700 billion from Medicare is going to
give seniors better health care. It isn't. Thats the reality, Medicare is dying.

We can't afford it.

The reason it won't effect people over 55 is because they have already planned their retirement around the present government promised system.

So the message would be....if you're under 55, expect a shitty retirement compared to what a 70 year old has right now?

Or....."Romney 2012; The Future is Bleak".

Just be honest. Thats all I'd ask.
So why are you against the ordinary worker HAVING control over where the $400,000 over 45 years a 25 year old worker and employer will have paid in?
Why you are against the 25 year old worker retiring in 45 years being able to control the nearly $800,000 that would have accumulated?

Are you against the ordinary worker becoming independent of the government?
Because that's what Romney and most of us smart people KNOW is the best way to provide people with a great future... NOT the government!

Why don't you live in Venezuela where Chavez can run your life?
Or in Cuba or China? All of these love to have you totally dependent on the state!

he's picking winners and losers. Based on their probable 2012 vote. Nice.

I have built my retirement around medicare also.

Picking winners and losers is deciding who gets a benefit according to their political affiliation........not their age.

And example of picking winners and losers is when Obama took over Gm (which he said he wouldn't do) and decided unilaterally to close down hundreds of dealerships according to their political leanings. He put thousands of people out of business and out of work.

Ryan is trying to save Medicare.

He's changing Medicare because if he doesn't it won't last 10 years.

If Obama keeps stealing from it.....it won't last 5.

Last edited:

Nope. You can keep wishing that is what he is saying, but it isn't.

Everyone knows Medicare is bankrupt.

Ryan's plan involves a choice between a private health care plan or the public plan. This requires decades of advance planning and paying into the system for your ultimate retirement, so the 55+ crowd obviously cannot participate.

Last edited:
I do agree with raising the age though. 70 would be good.

Right, hope they die before they collect

Raise the age and fuck em..

What a great plan..........

Life expectancy when FDR enacted Social Security was 60. You could not collect Social Security until you were 65. So do you believe FDR had a "hope they die before they collect"?

We are living longer. What rational reason could you possibly give for not working longer? The only excuse is an entitlement mentality which encourages laziness.

Rightwingers with an entitlement mentality? Really? :eusa_whistle:

Dear McCrist

because the seniors who are already on the plan have no time for alternative solutions. those 55 and under have time.

Ryan's plan involves a choice between a private health care plan or the public plan. This requires decades of advance planning and paying into the system for your ultimate retirement, so the 55+ crowd obviously cannot participate.

Medicare is not bankrupt. Everyone does not know this. Take the profit out of health care. Problem solved.

Idiot, if we don't reform it now, our seniors will
continue to get crappier care and eventually Medicare will break.

Ask Obama how cutting 700 billion from Medicare is going to
give seniors better health care. It isn't. Thats the reality, Medicare is dying.

We can't afford it.

The reason it won't effect people over 55 is because they have already planned their retirement around the present government promised system.

So the message would be....if you're under 55, expect a shitty retirement compared to what a 70 year old has right now?

Or....."Romney 2012; The Future is Bleak".

Just be honest. Thats all I'd ask.

From what I read, the under 55 crowd gets a choice for medicare, or a voucher.

Well, I'm 55. If the program he comes up with looks good I'll opt for it. The trick is increasing my contribution.
I would have liked to start contributing 20 years ago. It may not be worth it anymore. If opting for it means everything I've paid into it so far is gone then I'll have to stick with what I have.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back