If Ryan's plan for seniors is so great, why doesn't it apply to seniors?

I do agree with raising the age though. 70 would be good.

Right, hope they die before they collect

Raise the age and fuck em..

What a great plan..........

A bit of news for you.
That is the way it was set up originally. Where you would get it for anywhere from around 5 to 10 years.
The plan was never suppose to pay for seniors for around 20 or 25 years, for some it has paid for 30 years (65 year old retiree living to 95 years old).
When the plan was passed in 1965 not many people lived past 70 years of age.
Many only received it for around 5 to 7 years.
Now many people are living into their 80's and 90's.

I read that Paul Ryan's austerity measures in his plan dont apply to anyone over 55 regarding benefits for seniors.

If they are saying their plan is so great for seniors, why doesn't it apply to our seniors?

Are you an idiot?

No one is saying Ryans plan will be great for the seniors of the future.

Instead it is a plan for seniors of the future that wont be as gfood as this one...but at least it wont run out of money...

ANd the 55 age thing is to allow folks to prepare foir it.

Fucking idiots...it is not an issue of finding a BETTER plan with more freebies...it is about finding a way to make it as easy on the people as possible without draining the government revenue.

What plan do you have?

How can you do a complete 180 and expect to be taken seriously?

I just can't stop laughing at how gullible you are. Sorry

I didn't do a 180. I took a side-step. My previous beliefs are still 90% intact. I do, however, observe with sadness how TP sponsored mayors and governors in the South are treating their cops and firemen with the same disdain they spew towards all "gubermint workers". And it lost my vote.

In an analogy, I offer a fat person losing weight. Sure, they need to cut some fat. But at a point it becomes unhealthy, even dangerous. The TP'ers down here, at least, have gotten to the unhealthy point....heading towards dangerous.

Oh, for heavens sake. Could you grow a fucking brain and understand the difference between local, state and federal government and politics? Certain states are spending too much money... the country is spending too much money.... that sucks... but it is necessary for each and every local, state and federal expenditure to be examined and cut backs made. That is simple economics. It has jack shit to do with 'coips' and 'firemen'. The TP don't treat them with disdain.... they treat them as an expenditure.

You're just not capable of rational thought... it is preferable for us to take the hard road and get this under control... rather than handing that almighty clusterfuck of a deficit on to your children, and grandchildren... and great grandchildren. You are the generation that got us into this... you are the ones who should bear the responsibility to get us out. Stop spending our future.

I didn't do a 180. I took a side-step. My previous beliefs are still 90% intact. I do, however, observe with sadness how TP sponsored mayors and governors in the South are treating their cops and firemen with the same disdain they spew towards all "gubermint workers". And it lost my vote.

In an analogy, I offer a fat person losing weight. Sure, they need to cut some fat. But at a point it becomes unhealthy, even dangerous. The TP'ers down here, at least, have gotten to the unhealthy point....heading towards dangerous.

So take it up with your local politicians. Pìssing in the water everyone drinks from is not the solution. I've always said that if you want change at the top you start with the bottom. Local budget complaints have nothing to do with presidential candidates either on the left or right.

You are over reacting

I am taking it up with them: By voting for their opposition, the Democrats.

Local PD and FD budgets are supplemented by the Feds. Some dont like that, like Mitt Romney:The Real Message Behind Mitt Romney’s Anti-Police And Firefighters ‘Gaffe’ | Mediaite

Romney was spot on in calling Obama out for the notion that your grow an economy through public sector hiring. Like it or not, public sector employees produce nothing, they are a net drain. Now, that doesn't mean we don't need some of them... FD & PD do perform an invaluable service in that they maintain order. However, you will not grow an economy by displacing more private sector money and funneling ti the public sector. Obama's comments were just plain dumb and show how little he really knows.

So yeah, vote for that.

So take it up with your local politicians. Pìssing in the water everyone drinks from is not the solution. I've always said that if you want change at the top you start with the bottom. Local budget complaints have nothing to do with presidential candidates either on the left or right.

You are over reacting

I am taking it up with them: By voting for their opposition, the Democrats.

Local PD and FD budgets are supplemented by the Feds. Some dont like that, like Mitt Romney:The Real Message Behind Mitt Romney’s Anti-Police And Firefighters ‘Gaffe’ | Mediaite
The police and fire guys might take a cut so I am voting for the murderers and the crony payoffs.

That will show them.........

Why do you think that GOP voter suppression laws hit our elderly the hardest? They're another demographic that the Republicans want to keep away from the polls.

lol.

Nice try though.

Why is it a "nice try"? Explain the merits of a $6,000 a year cost increase for Medicare beneficiaries over opening up Medicare to anyone who would like to purchase it?

Explain your claim. Show how Ryan's plan increases Medicare costs for beneficiaries by $6000 a year.

I will. AynRyan's plan is to replace Medicare with an unknown voucher system. It will let insurance companies decide the cost of insuring those over 65. If the voucher doesn't cover the actual cost, go pound sand you old fuck. It will probably reduce Medicare costs, at the expense of those who need it most.

Last edited:
I am 47. I have been a wage earner or a business owner For 25 years. I have paid into Medicare for all of those years.

Under Ryan's plan, If I earn no income beyond the age of 68 ( I think 20 more years is plenty)...will I be able to have my health care needs covered without spending a lot of money?

Last edited:
Why is it a "nice try"? Explain the merits of a $6,000 a year cost increase for Medicare beneficiaries over opening up Medicare to anyone who would like to purchase it?

Explain your claim. Show how Ryan's plan increases Medicare costs for beneficiaries by $6000 a year.

I will. AynRyan's plan is to replace Medicare with an unknown voucher system. It will let insurance companies decide the cost of insuring those over 65. If the voucher doesn't cover the actual cost, go pound sand you old fuck. It will probably reduce Medicare costs, at the expense of those who need it most.

This is not evidence. Explain how you came up with the exact figure.

“Have any of you met Paul Ryan? We should get him to come to the university. I’m telling you this guy is amazing, uh. I always thought that I was OK with arithmetic, but this guy can run circles around me. And, he is honest. He is straightforward. He is sincere.

And, the budget that he came forward with is just like Paul Ryan. It is a sensible, straightforward, serious budget and it cut the budget deficit by $4 trillion…just like we did."

- Erskine Boles , Obama and Clinton economic advisor 2011 Speech at UNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dbzpuqWo6yU

Last edited:
The $6,000 figure is a Tim Ryan talking point being parroted.

There is an assumption behind that figure that health care costs will continue to grow indefinitely at the rate they are growing presently.

Of course, if we continue with ObamaCare, health costs will certainly keep outpacing CPI. The bongwater chuggers are victims of classic bait and switch. The original aim was stated to be the lowering of health care costs. Thus all the focus in the beginning on US per capita spending on health care.

You don't hear that kind of talk now, because everyone knows that ObamaCare does nothing to slow the growth of costs.

I am 47. I have been a wage earner or a business owner For 25 years. I have paid into Medicare for all of those years.

Under Ryan's plan, If I earn no income beyond the age of 68 ( I think 20 more years is plenty)...will I be able to have my health care needs covered without spending a lot of money?

Ryan's plan is to ignore the debt the American people owe to the Social Security trust fund, essentially raping it. Then to make Social Security an on-budget cost, and letting whoever is in charge of congress decide what trickle down they want to give you.

Forum List

Back