If Liberation of Iraq worst foreign policy decision in U.S. history what was it for these people?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it"
The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg put the question to Barham Salih, the former prime minister of Iraqi Kurdistan's regional government and a former deputy prime minister of Iraq's federal government.

"But," he added, "it's important to understand where we started from. ...
Literally hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were sent to mass graves.
Ten years on from the demise of Saddam Hussein, we're still discovering mass graves across Iraq.
And Iraqis are better off without Saddam Hussein --
the overwhelming majority of Iraqis are better off without Saddam Hussein."
So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it; and the fault for all that has gone wrong is ultimately with Iraqis themselves: It's a remarkable point of view to encounter in June 2013.
10 Years After the Fall of Saddam How Do Iraqis Look Back on the War - The Atlantic

Today this is what the Iraq has compared to what George Will and the rest of you Saddam lovers would have liked to have happen!
From 1991 until 1996 per capita GDP never rose above $507. During this period income inequality was a problem as the wealth was concentrated in the hands of Regime loyalists and traders while most Iraqis subsisted on much less income.
Iraq Economic Data 1989-2003 Central Intelligence Agency
OK for the FACT...

After the Liberation of Iraq the per person gross domestic product was $507.

Over 10 years the GDP rose from $507 at a rate of 130% PER YEAR and is NOW $7,100 or a 1,300% increase!

Remember the above Iraqis saw these tortures living under Saddam and George Will calls the Liberation of Iraqis from these tortures the "worst"???

People like George Will obviously would have LOVED to watch what this Iraqi describes as the treatment by Saddam and his sons (Uday) of his own people:
Ahmad was Uday's chief executioner. Last week, as Iraqis celebrated the death of his former boss and his equally savage younger brother Qusay, he nervously revealed a hideous story.
His instructions that day in 1999 were to arrest the two 19-year-olds on the campus of Baghdad's Academy of Fine Arts and deliver them at Radwaniyah. On arrival at the sprawling compound, he was directed to a farm where he found a large cage. Inside, two lions waited. They belonged to Uday. Guards took the two young men from the car and opened the cage door. One of the victims collapsed in terror as they were dragged, screaming and shouting, to meet their fate. Ahmad watched as the students frantically looked for a way of escape. There was none. The lions pounced. 'I saw the head of the first student literally come off his body with the first bite and then had to stand and watch the animals devour the two young men. By the time they were finished there was little left but for the bones and bits and pieces of unwanted flesh,' he recalled last week."
-- Sunday Times, London, July 27, 2003

"Ali would then draw out a pair of pliers and a sharp knife. Gripping the tongue with pliers, he would slice it up with the knife, tossing severed pieces into the street. "'Those punished were too terrified to move, even though they knew I was about to chop off their tongue,' said Ali in his matter-of-fact voice. 'They would just stand there, often praying and calling out for Saddam and Allah to spare them. By then it was too late.

"'I would read them out the verdict and cut off their tongue without any form of anaesthetic. There was always a lot of blood. Some offenders passed out. Others screamed in pain. They would then be given basic medical assistance in an ambulance which would always come with us on such punishment runs. Then they would be thrown in jail.'"
-- Fedayeen Saddam member interviewed in The Sunday Times (London), April 20, 2003
Saddam has reduced his people to abject poverty. He wiped out families, villages, cities and cultures, and drove four million people into exile.
He killed between 100,000 and 200,000 Kurds. He killed as many as 300,000 Shiites in the uprising after the Persian Gulf war. He killed or displaced 200,000 of the 250,000 marsh Arabs who had created a unique, centuries-old culture in the south. He drained the marshes, an environmental treasure, and turned them into a desert.

So tell me again George Will et.al. was the Liberation of Iraq the worst decision for the above people?
I really am grossly disappointed with people like Will and others that believed the MSM constant biased
and degrading reporting of Iraq.
4,000 soldiers died. They knew the above facts. They unlike the majority of idiots including Will knew
that when TRAITORS' words like the following were used by the terrorists to recruit little kids to carry bombs to blow up when the troops handed out candy... THEY totally despise these traitors and anyone who
stupidly believes statements like these were helpful!

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.
Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

Anyone who thinks the above words HELPED save American LIVES are as stupid and ignorant as
George Will!

"So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it"
The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg put the question to Barham Salih, the former prime minister of Iraqi Kurdistan's regional government and a former deputy prime minister of Iraq's federal government.

Ten years on from the demise of Saddam Hussein, we're still discovering mass graves across Iraq.
So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it; and the fault for all that has gone wrong is ultimately with Iraqis themselves: It's a remarkable point of view to encounter in June 2013.
10 Years After the Fall of Saddam How Do Iraqis Look Back on the War - The Atlantic

Today this is what the Iraq has compared to what George Will and the rest of you Saddam lovers would have liked to have happen!
From 1991 until 1996 per capita GDP never rose above $507. During this period income inequality was a problem as the wealth was concentrated in the hands of Regime loyalists and traders while most Iraqis subsisted on much less income.
Iraq Economic Data 1989-2003 Central Intelligence Agency
OK for the FACT...

After the Liberation of Iraq the per person gross domestic product was $507.

Over 10 years the GDP rose from $507 at a rate of 130% PER YEAR and is NOW $7,100 or a 1,300% increase!

Remember the above Iraqis saw these tortures living under Saddam and George Will calls the Liberation of Iraqis from these tortures the "worst"???

People like George Will obviously would have LOVED to watch what this Iraqi describes as the treatment by Saddam and his sons (Uday) of his own people:
Ahmad was Uday's chief executioner. Last week, as Iraqis celebrated the death of his former boss and his equally savage younger brother Qusay, he nervously revealed a hideous story.
His instructions that day in 1999 were to arrest the two 19-year-olds on the campus of Baghdad's Academy of Fine Arts and deliver them at Radwaniyah. On arrival at the sprawling compound, he was directed to a farm where he found a large cage. Inside, two lions waited. They belonged to Uday. Guards took the two young men from the car and opened the cage door. One of the victims collapsed in terror as they were dragged, screaming and shouting, to meet their fate. Ahmad watched as the students frantically looked for a way of escape. There was none. The lions pounced. 'I saw the head of the first student literally come off his body with the first bite and then had to stand and watch the animals devour the two young men. By the time they were finished there was little left but for the bones and bits and pieces of unwanted flesh,' he recalled last week."
-- Sunday Times, London, July 27, 2003

"Ali would then draw out a pair of pliers and a sharp knife. Gripping the tongue with pliers, he would slice it up with the knife, tossing severed pieces into the street. "'Those punished were too terrified to move, even though they knew I was about to chop off their tongue,' said Ali in his matter-of-fact voice. 'They would just stand there, often praying and calling out for Saddam and Allah to spare them. By then it was too late.

"'I would read them out the verdict and cut off their tongue without any form of anaesthetic. There was always a lot of blood. Some offenders passed out. Others screamed in pain. They would then be given basic medical assistance in an ambulance which would always come with us on such punishment runs. Then they would be thrown in jail.'"
-- Fedayeen Saddam member interviewed in The Sunday Times (London), April 20, 2003
Saddam has reduced his people to abject poverty. He wiped out families, villages, cities and cultures, and drove four million people into exile.
He killed between 100,000 and 200,000 Kurds. He killed as many as 300,000 Shiites in the uprising after the Persian Gulf war. He killed or displaced 200,000 of the 250,000 marsh Arabs who had created a unique, centuries-old culture in the south. He drained the marshes, an environmental treasure, and turned them into a desert.

So tell me again George Will et.al. was the Liberation of Iraq the worst decision for the above people?
I really am grossly disappointed with people like Will and others that believed the MSM constant biased
and degrading reporting of Iraq.
4,000 soldiers died. They knew the above facts. They unlike the majority of idiots including Will knew
that when TRAITORS' words like the following were used by the terrorists to recruit little kids to carry bombs to blow up when the troops handed out candy... THEY totally despise these traitors and anyone who
stupidly believes statements like these were helpful!

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

Anyone who thinks the above words HELPED save American LIVES are as stupid and ignorant as
George Will!
This is what did to them, you un-American scumbag!

Here are the comments from Iraqis themselves, in a townhall meeting in Ramadi. Let's see if they agree with your psycho bullshit?

‘Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here’

Yesterday I was in Ramadi and Fallujah. Instead of bringing a message of caring, of empathy for their suffering and a desire for peace, my presence as someone from the U.S, seemed to open wounds that are unfathomably deep.
I sat in on a lecture, given in English, to maybe fifty or more young men and women at a college in Ramadi. They were all about 22 and 23 years of age, in their last year of a 5-year program. That means they were about 13 or 14 years old during the U.S. led invasion and beginning of the occupation.

I was invited to speak by the president as an “honored guest” after the lecture. To my embarrassment the professor graciously hurried through his lecture on my account. I had everyone’s attention. It was awkward for me, and after introducing myself, I said I would be grateful to hear from them.

There was only silence. I am sure my words sounded empty, trite and artificial.

Then a young man in the front row only a couple of feet from me said in a quiet voice “We have nothing to say. The last years have been only sad ones.” Again there was silence.

An impassioned young woman from the middle of the lecture hall spoke up. It was obviously not easy for her. “It is not,” she said, “about lack of water and electricity [something I had mentioned]. You have destroyed everything. You have destroyed our country. You have destroyed what is inside of us! You have destroyed our ancient civilization. You have taken our smiles from us. You have taken our dreams!”

Someone asked, “Why did you this? What did we do to you that you would do this to us?”

“Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here,” said another.

“They destroyed the childhood. You don’t destroy everything and then say ‘We’re sorry.’ “You don’t commit crimes and then say ‘Sorry.’”

“To bomb us and then send teams to do investigations on the effects of the bombs…No, it will not be forgotten. It is not written on our hearts, it is carved in our hearts.”

We are happy to make bridges between people, said the president of the college, but we will not forget. What can you do? In Fallujah 30% of the babies are born deformed.” What can you do?
30% of the babies are born deformed due to all the depleted uranium munitions we left strewn about all over the country.

"You don't destroy everything then say you are sorry!"

Care to comment on what Iraqis think of your precious little war?

The Iraq war was the most cowardly act of violence a nation has ever committed in the history of the planet. First, we force a country to disarm, then attack dropping more ordinance on the country, than all the bombs dropped in WWII.

Not to mention, costing us over 4000 American lives, over $4 trillion American tax payer dollars, our economy, our reputation around the world and our American heritage.

And the worst thing is, after giving up all that, what did we get in return?

Where were these same people when these sad but true personal anecdotes occurred?
Children are being used as suicide bombers in Iraq by the Islamic State (IS) militant organisation and other extremist groups, according the UN. The UN has said they are horrified by the disregard to children’s lives shown in Iraq.

Leila Zerrougui, a senior United Nations official said: “I remain deeply concerned over recent reports of IS targeting minorities, including children and women, in the growing area under their control in Syria and Iraq. IS has tasked boys as young as 13 to carry weapons, guard strategic locations or arrest civilians. Other children are used as suicide bombers.

"We cannot afford impunity in the face of such grave violations of international law that in some cases may amount to war crimes.”

Militias allied to the Iraqi government are also using children to combat the jihadists and“numerous children” detained by the government went missing after militias stormed the prisons in July, she added.

According to the UN, up to 700 children have been killed or maimed in Iraq since the beginning of the year.

The Islamic State militants have gained control over parts of eastern Syria and Iraq’s northern and western regions, threatening all communities, including Shias, Sunnis, Kurds, Christians and Izadi Kurds, and committing mass executions of civilians and armed forces in the controlled areas.

In Gaza, over 500 children were killed and more than 1,300 injured.

In Nigeria, Boko Haram has attacked schools, leading to the death of at least 100 students and 70 teachers in 2013. Over 200 girls abducted by Boko Haram in April are still missing.

Six months ago the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) launched the joint campaign 'Children, Not Soldiers' that works towards a goal of no children in government forces by the end of 2016.
Read more: Children used as suicide bombers in Iraq by IS says UN - News - News - Voice of Russia UK Voice of Russia - UK Edition

The Iraq war was the most cowardly act of violence a nation has ever committed in the history of the planet. First, we force a country to disarm, then attack dropping more ordinance on the country, than all the bombs dropped in WWII.

Not to mention, costing us over 4000 American lives, over $4 trillion American tax payer dollars, our economy, our reputation around the world and our American heritage.

And the worst thing is, after giving up all that, what did we get in return?

Your freedom to tear down the ONLY country in the world that helps other countries survive people like the ones YOU ADORE..i.e.
These people that YOU want to see still in power maiming, killing, torturing people.
These people you obviously love and admire!
Iraqis used to tell me that their worst nightmare was Uday inheriting power, a fear that was not without justification, if the words that Latif claimed his employer once said to him are anything to go by: “Just wait till I’m president, I’ll be crueller than my father. You will often remember these words, and yearn for the days of Saddam Hussein.”
“The movie shows 20 per cent of what really happened, at most,” he says. “On one occasion, in a jail back in ’91, I remember Uday dealing with a Shia prisoner who had been involved in the uprising against Saddam after the first Gulf War. He said: ‘I won’t kill you by the gun,’ and instead put a drill through his head. When he’d finished, he looked around and said: ‘This is what happens to those who stand up against us.’ They killed half the people in that jail, and put the bodies in among those still alive. Then they released the survivors, just so they could tell other Iraqis what they’d seen.”
Saddam s demon seed - Telegraph
Saddam Hussein's eldest son mercilessly beats girls as young as 12 on the soles of their feet if they refuse to sleep with him, Iraqi defectors said today.

Uday Hussein forces head teachers of schools in Baghdad's poorest districts to send pupils to his palace where he arranges dates with those he likes.

If the chosen girls annoy him in anyway they are dangled over a wooden beam held by his bodyguards and repeatedly hit with a wooden club, according to two former members of his inner circle who recently fled Iraq.

"He does it to a girl if she says she doesn't want to go out with him, or if she finds another boyfriend, or is late or reluctant," one defector told Vanity Fair magazine.

The 38-year-old warns victims not to flinch while the beating is administered or they will have their legs broken. He often hits them up to 50 times, the report claimed.

Afterwards, when they can barely walk, he orders them to dance.
Saddam s son beats 12-year-olds who say no to sex defectors

And of course THIS would have been the next in line after Saddam...

Just because a world class turd of a dictator was replaced with a destroyed infrastructure along with decades and decades of religious civil war with the accompanying death and uncertainty, how was that a good thing?

Just because a world class turd of a dictator was replaced with a destroyed infrastructure along with decades and decades of religious civil war with the accompanying death and uncertainty, how was that a good thing?
A) there are NOW 1,125,000 more children alive in Iraq then there would be if Saddam were still in power when he did the following:
In five years 576,000 children starved BECAUSE SADDAM refused to certify WMD destruction!
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children U.N. Reports - New York Times
B) Again as these people attest the LIBERATION of IRAQ from this dictator is preferred. Remember it is NOT YOUR biased opinion that counts!
Just because YOU hate Bush doesn't mean these people should live in terror!
C)Do you think these same above people would LOVE to live when their GDP was 1,000% smaller then it is today?

Again... JUST because YOU have been grossly uninformed and fed at the trough of idiots who believed that Bush was worse then Saddam doesn't alter the above FACTS. Just because YOU ignore the realities doesn't change the world.
What you did do with your ignorance though WAS prolong the Liberation. Was get more troops killed because idiots like you had contempt for our military and our troops that YOU'D rather tell the enemy as these traitors did that US troops are terrorists. Are cold blooded killers. Are Nazis!
You and these IDIOTS actually helped kill more US troops by providing the terrorists with these grossly despicable comments:
Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children." OUR TROOPS Terrorists!

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,” Our troops KILLERS!

These are words that were used to recruit more terrorists and to deny that is total naïveté!

It's not the role, responsibility, or prerogative of our government to get thousands of Americans killed just to make things nicer for people in some foreign country.

Or at least it shouldn't be.

It's not the role, responsibility, or prerogative of our government to get thousands of Americans killed just to make things nicer for people in some foreign country.

Sure..
Then why did we have :
116,516 in WWI
405,399 in WWII
36,516 Korea
58,209 Vietnam.
Obviously you don't believe in treaties, agreements etc.
One of the reasons the USA is exceptional is this country has had the largest number of people come to it AND the largest number that WANT to come!
With all these "immigrants" coming mostly Europe, now Asia etc.. who do you think were left behind in those countries?
RELATIVES of these immigrants you dummy!!!
The simple fact is immigrants would hear how bad Germany was, how bad Russia was how bad etc... and as we are relatives to the ENTIRE world
don't you think for ONE f...king minute we have a responsibility to our relatives over seas?
Of course idiots like you don't because you are selfish stupid and obviously GROSSLY uninformed about the real world.
Our country had 616,640 American troops die on foreign soils BECAUSE we had a simple obligation to our relatives!
Our country is 100% comprised of people that immigrated here and it is because we have had exceptional people that couldn't be exceptional in their
countries that when it came time for our people to listen to their relatives cries of "dictator"..tortures, etc.. our Americans answered with their lives all the while selfish screwed up idiots like you QUESTION it!
How f...king must you be to
A) NOT comprehend our country is made up of immigrants...LEGAL by the way!
B) Our country has relatives all over the world and we send money, ideas, and our lives to help the world you selfish little prick!

Sure..
Then why did we have :
116,516 in WWI
405,399 in WWII
36,516 Korea
58,209 Vietnam.
Obviously you don't believe in treaties, agreements etc.
One of the reasons the USA is exceptional is this country has had the largest number of people come to it AND the largest number that WANT to come!
With all these "immigrants" coming mostly Europe, now Asia etc.. who do you think were left behind in those countries?
RELATIVES of these immigrants you dummy!!!
The simple fact is immigrants would hear how bad Germany was, how bad Russia was how bad etc... and as we are relatives to the ENTIRE world
don't you think for ONE f...king minute we have a responsibility to our relatives over seas?
Of course idiots like you don't because you are selfish stupid and obviously GROSSLY uninformed about the real world.
Our country had 616,640 American troops die on foreign soils BECAUSE we had a simple obligation to our relatives!
Our country is 100% comprised of people that immigrated here and it is because we have had exceptional people that couldn't be exceptional in their
countries that when it came time for our people to listen to their relatives cries of "dictator"..tortures, etc.. our Americans answered with their lives all the while selfish screwed up idiots like you QUESTION it!
How f...king must you be to
A) NOT comprehend our country is made up of immigrants...LEGAL by the way!
B) Our country has relatives all over the world and we send money, ideas, and our lives to help the world you selfish little prick!

Just because we did it doesn't make it right.

You seem very keen to see others die for your causes. Why don't you go die for your causes?

Forum List

Back