If Jesus couldn't keep HIMSELF out of trouble...

I'm not a christian, but according to the Bible it seems like he wanted to get in trouble (crucifixion) to absolve people of their sins.

According to the Bible, he had no interest in getting into THAT kind of trouble.

That's why he said "My Lord, my Lord, why have you abandoned me?" when he was on the cross.

Really? The person who read the Bible and then utterly and completely misquoted it to you told you that Jesus had no intention of dying for our sins when He came to Earth?

Apparently, your mentor is even more pig-stupid than you are. A pretty impressive feat.

Fail.

Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

John 19:30
"When He had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit”

Both those verses sound like they're describing a guy who's just depressed. :lol:

Maybe He was foreseeing your birth and wondering if it meant that mankind wasn't worth saving, after all. God knows, your existence makes ME wonder that sometimes.

Can't argue the point, so you attack? Join the club; it's big around here.

Dumb ass Jesus CHOSE to allow himself to be executed in order to save mankind. If you do not even know the basic facts please refrain from embarrassing yourself with idiotic posts like this thread.

Then he wouldn't have wondered why God had abandoned him, dumbass.

Damn, the fundies don't even know their own bible.

He wasn't wondering anything, dumbass. He knew exactly why it was happening.

Damn, atheist ignoramus jackwads don't even know the book they're trying to preach. (Okay, that's not even vaguely shocking, actually.)

Dumb ass Jesus CHOSE to allow himself to be executed in order to save mankind. If you do not even know the basic facts please refrain from embarrassing yourself with idiotic posts like this thread.

Damn, atheist ignoramus jackwads don't even know the book they're trying to preach. (Okay, that's not even vaguely shocking, actually.)

You are full of it tonight C!!!!!!!!!! He knew exactly what the fuck he saying, dumbass.

Yes... you misunderstand... Christ was the lamb. You have to understand... in the Jewish Community of that age, a person had to make blood sacrifices to have their sins forgiven... usually a lamb.

According to our religion. God sent Christ to Earth to be that lamb for all of us. It was foretold in the Old Testament that it would happen(at least that's what I was taught).

But... one thing that I can't exactly wrap my brain around is this.... IF it was all foreordained, wasn't Judas doing God's work? Wasn't Judas helping Christ in his role? If so... Judas wasn't a traitor, was he?

Judas is in Hell... he had a choice ...he chose evil... it wasnt Gods hand that drove Judas... It was Judas's misunderstanding and desire to see an earthly King conquer the world... He tried to force that hand for his own gain when he betrayed the Christ... It Broke Jesus heart that he could not save Judas..

god made him do it. It was part of the script and jesus knew it was.

...how do you expect him to save you? :eusa_eh:

This seems like a fatal theological flaw if ever there was one.

The flaw in your question is A) that it implies everyone believes in Jesus the same way and B) That you know what is mean t by the phrase "saved" and that it has something to do with evading physical peril.

Now if this was nothing more than an attempt at antagonism, well gee, how clever of you. I suppose I could write something along the lines of
"If 86%+ of the world knows something and you deny it's even possible, do you feel like an idiot?"

But let's go with the assumption that you weren't actually just being an @ss and wanted to disucss this.

Questions? Comments?

What trouble did Jesus get into???he was crucified for doing the Fathers will.it was the will of the Father that Jesus died for our sins!!!:eusa_pray:

Hmmm, that seems silly, because he didn't die.

Yes he did die. He was whipped and torchered horribly before he was even put on the cross....where he died, and rose again after 3 days, where many people saw him (in his new body)...then he went to Heaven where he's seated at the right hand of the Father (God). You would know this if you ever actually read the Bible.

some of you guys are totally clueless and probably shouldnt even comment ....

Jesus knew his fate (death by torture and crucifixion) from his birth.... it was old testament prophecy... there were no surprises... He was GOD...

He repeated it over and over the the apostles (i will be raised by man) .. only John understood he meant death... the others thought he meant raised to a earthly throne...

Last edited:
If Jesus couldn't keep HIMSELF out of trouble

Well some things about religion are timeless.
Running the money changers out of the temple was the final straw that got him crucified.
A crucifixition demanded and led by the church.

Jesus knew his fate (death by torture and crucifixion) from his birth.... it was old testament prophecy... there were no surprises... He was GOD...

He repeated it over and over the the apostles (i will be raised by man) .. only John understood he meant death... the others thought he meant raised to a earthly throne...

if Jesus was God.....when he prayed.....who was he praying too?....

...how do you expect him to save you? :eusa_eh:

This seems like a fatal theological flaw if ever there was one.

Something is flawed alright. And it's your brain!

Please refrain from speaking on things you know nothing about.

It's very simple it was predicted they would not accept him,and that"s what happened

He was so Holy and they could not see his greatness.the ones that did see his greatness saw him as a threat to what they taught. another reason to be very afraid of your organized religion.

I'm not a christian, but according to the Bible it seems like he wanted to get in trouble (crucifixion) to absolve people of their sins.

According to the Bible, he had no interest in getting into THAT kind of trouble.

That's why he said "My Lord, my Lord, why have you abandoned me?" when he was on the cross.

I think maybe if you're on the verge of death and dying in such a harsh way, you might not be in your right mind either, Proving he was truly a man.

THIS BELONGS IN THE FLAME ZONE OR ROMPER ROOM.

Why do the mods allow this crap to go unchecked?

if Jesus was God.....when he prayed.....who was he praying too?....

Good question.

There are many destinct persons that make up the one God. He could not reveal himself in his full glory,i believe that is why he revealed himself in many forms. The bible say's seven spirits make up God.

With a close study we can see that he revealed himself as the Angel of the LORD,the son of God,and the Holy spirit. Some people don't believe he is God they believe he was the actual son of God. But this is for the individual reader to decide for himself. The key is believing and trusting in the son of God.

You are full of it tonight C!!!!!!!!!! He knew exactly what the fuck he saying, dumbass.

When did I ever say He didn't know what He was saying? It's bad enough you want to run your gums about the Bible without reading it, but now you're running your gums about my posts without reading them? Is reading against your religion?

Yes... you misunderstand... Christ was the lamb. You have to understand... in the Jewish Community of that age, a person had to make blood sacrifices to have their sins forgiven... usually a lamb.

According to our religion. God sent Christ to Earth to be that lamb for all of us. It was foretold in the Old Testament that it would happen(at least that's what I was taught).

But... one thing that I can't exactly wrap my brain around is this.... IF it was all foreordained, wasn't Judas doing God's work? Wasn't Judas helping Christ in his role? If so... Judas wasn't a traitor, was he?

Judas is in Hell... he had a choice ...he chose evil... it wasnt Gods hand that drove Judas... It was Judas's misunderstanding and desire to see an earthly King conquer the world... He tried to force that hand for his own gain when he betrayed the Christ... It Broke Jesus heart that he could not save Judas..

god made him do it. It was part of the script and jesus knew it was.

God doesn't make anyone do anything, ass munch. Judas did what he did out of his own free will, the same way you're making a public idiot out of yourself out of your own free will. No one to blame but yourself.

Forum List

Back