If Jesus couldn't keep HIMSELF out of trouble...

Unwillingness to exercise a power doesn't demonstrates inability to exercise it.

I have the power to take someone elses life (as most of us do). Does my unwillingness to exercise that power mean i dont have it?

He didn't because his whole purpose in life was to die for other people's sins. Or thats the gist I've picked up.

...how do you expect him to save you? :eusa_eh:

This seems like a fatal theological flaw if ever there was one.

This guy thinks you're retarded.

27528_115137131853421_608_n.jpg

He served his purpose.
He wasn't meant to avoid sacrifice.
He was meant to be the sacrifice to end all sacrifices.

Today it is our job to apply that sacrifice and grace
so we CAN break the cycle and not have to keep dying and suffering for our past mistakes.

Humanity has the ability now to benefit from the sacrifices of the past
where we can eventually overcome all ills and war
and establish true peace and justice.

With grace and good will, by forgiveness and correction instead of judgment and punishment, not war and violence or coersion by force fear or threat in a cycle of retribution. Jesus represents the break in that cycle so we can live by restorative justice as in the NT instead of dying under retributive justice as in the OT.

:lol:

lets see

Was he trying to keep out of trouble? ...no i dont think so
Did he TRY to save himself? no i dont think so
Did he ask to be saved? no i dont think so.

you do have a weak understanding of things dont you?

Something is flawed alright. And it's your brain!

Please refrain from speaking on things you know nothing about.

Can't argue the point, so you attack? Join the club; it's big around here.
What trouble did Jesus get into???he was crucified for doing the Fathers will.it was the will of the Father that Jesus died for our sins!!!:eusa_pray:

look at the smarmy smirk on the liberals face.go crawl into a hole and we will let you and your pathetic buddys on the left know when it is safe to come out.just please,please ,stay out of our way so we can straighten out the damage you freaks have caused.:clap2::clap2:

Unwillingness to exercise a power doesn't demonstrates inability to exercise it.

I have the power to take someone elses life (as most of us do). Does my unwillingness to exercise that power mean i dont have it?

It might hurt your chances if you were to apply to join a mercenary unit.

I'm not a christian, but according to the Bible it seems like he wanted to get in trouble (crucifixion) to absolve people of their sins.

According to the Bible, he had no interest in getting into THAT kind of trouble.

That's why he said "My Lord, my Lord, why have you abandoned me?" when he was on the cross.

Fail.

Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

John 19:30
"When He had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit”

Fail.

"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

"When He had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit”

Both those verses sound like they're describing a guy who's just depressed. :lol:

I'm not a christian, but according to the Bible it seems like he wanted to get in trouble (crucifixion) to absolve people of their sins.

According to the Bible, he had no interest in getting into THAT kind of trouble.

That's why he said "My Lord, my Lord, why have you abandoned me?" when he was on the cross.

It seems natural to ask why wouldn't God be there to comfort Jesus
while he was suffering doing exactly what was prophesied and willed.

It represents a difficult and critical moment.
Although God is there, you feel you are abandoned.

I believe this helps to know that we follow this same pattern in life,
so when it happens to us, when we feel most abandoned and alone,
we can put it in perspective with the whole of humanity going through the same process.

It is both universal and feeling all alone at the same time.

Fail.

Both those verses sound like they're describing a guy who's just depressed. :lol:

Yes, he had to be willing to let go and give up his life spirit.
Very humbling.

If you've known anyone who was broken down to nothing
before they could be rebuilt from scratch, like people who
went through total bankruptcy before they could come back stronger,
that breaking point is the most difficult of all.

Forum List

Back