if iran gets the bomb, they can never use it.

If they launched an attack against a country that didn't' possess the technology to respond in kind, with loose defensive treaties, I couldn't see a third party launching a reprisal nuclear attack. That is one way I guess they could avoid "complete annihilation."
I think everyone is in consensus about the dangers posed by proliferation. The world is a considerably smaller place now. What happens in a cave in Afghanistan can have serious consequences on the other side of the world in a short period of time. As long as it is for the greater good, I believe some countries should be able to tell other countries what to do. What the greater good is and who gets to decide is a whole other "can of worms."
While I don't think Iran should have nuclear weapons, they should be allowed access to nuclear power for energy. I also feel the the deterrent factor gets lost sometimes in the discussion about Iran and nuclear weapons. Look at that map and think about their neighbors; several of whom they are engaged with in a proxy religious war on several fronts. So I'm not entirely sold on the idea they are trying to produce a weapon for the sole purpose of launching it at anyone. But this is after all just my opinion.

They "know" Israel has the bomb, has since the 1960's, probably has hydrogen bombs, has delivery systems far better than their own. They insist on anuhilating Israel.

During the cold war we had the doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction. This meant neither side would cut loose because they would suffer similar fates. It kept both sides honest.

But Israel can't have that with Iran. The Iranians see the destruction Israel could do to them as something wonderful. There can be no protection by Irans assured destruction.

Israel won't tell if they have the bomb. Seeing as the number on Jews in the manhatten project, and the sheer number of scientits in Israel I am pretty sure they do. And the amount of destruction they can let loose can make Hiroshima look like a wet firecracker. Giving the bomb to Iran means the end of Iran.

Israel has nukes and Israel will defend its existence. If that results in the elimination of Iran, so be it.

Do you believe that Israel has the moral right to pre-emptively exterminate the Iranian people if Iran acquires nuclear capability?

Are lefties so delusional that they still don't understand the mindset of people who strap suicide vests on kids to send them into marketplaces to use their bodies as shrapnel? First of all it's doubtful if sane countries would retaliate with nuclear weapons after the use of a relatively small nuclear device used in a terrorist attack on Israel or any other country. The best thing of course is to keep unstable and threatening regimes from making the freaking thing in the first place.

The difference is, Christians believe that God will bring about the apocalypse in the days of the return of Jesus. Muslims believe they are commanded to bring about the apocalypse as a human act to bring about the return of the 12th imam.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count on how many levels the above post is hilarious.

He accurately quoted the philosophy and teachings of both religions. Why do you find that hilarious?

Because it's all superstition for starters.

Well, thats your opinion, I and billions of other human beings disagree.

You think the Muslims are wrong but they're just as likely to be right as you are.

well----what will be,,,, will be.......La la la la ---que sera, sera.......

If the Israelis didn't want nuclear proliferation,

they shouldn't have proliferated.

yeah-----ok, idiot. Israel is a lesson in restraint regarding it's nukes....
good they proliferated. ---------now Pakistan can boast RESTRAINT-
also good. --------nuclear materials can be used in TERRORISM----
not a good idea for Iran to have access

in what direction could they send it whereby the end result wouldn't mean their own complete annihilation.

also, can someone explain to me why the rest of the world has the right to tell any country what to do.

what if canada or mexico or switzerland wants one.
560px-Nuclear_weapons_states.svg.png

Map of nuclear-armed states of the world.
NPT-designated nuclear weapon states (China, France,Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, Pakistan, North Korea)
Other states believed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany,Netherlands, Italy, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus,Kazakhstan, Ukraine, South Africa)
There are eight sovereign states that have successfully detonatednuclear weapons.[1] Five are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT). In order of acquisition of nuclear weapons these are: the United States, Russia (successor state to the Soviet Union), the United Kingdom, France, and China.

it's a touchy subject, i don't want them to get it, & i'm very pro israel. but i haven't seen this discussion about the political nature (foreign and domestic) and subsequent consequences, especially with an election looming.

i don't like the essence or idea of a world government... is that where we're headed...??

maybe iran has a bomb now. it seems to me that knowing where their bomb is, is safer than not...

i was a little surprised to hear joe leiberman leading a charge against the new arms deal... will it get ratified ?

Can Congress stop the Iran deal - The Washington Post

Foreign Affairs Focus Gary Sick on Iran and the Bomb

i don't think the iran making a bomb is any more critical, than any country Buying a bomb....

maybe the concept of nuclear war is itself becoming obsolete, which harkens back to MAD (mutual assured destruction).

Silly you thinking that the only way Iran can deliver a nuke is by missile or plane

Suitcase Nukes Homeland Security News

There are those among the Islamists who believe that jumping into an Apocalypse will force Allah's hand in their favor.

That's interesting. You seem to know a lot. Are there also some Christians who wouldn't mind bringing about the apocalypse?
The difference is, Christians believe that God will bring about the apocalypse in the days of the return of Jesus. Muslims believe they are commanded to bring about the apocalypse as a human act to bring about the return of the 12th imam.

Pakistan has thermonuclear devices since the 80's. They are an Islamic country believed to have close ties to numerous Islamic terrorist organizations.

Why have they not tried to call back the 12th Imam?

in what direction could they send it whereby the end result wouldn't mean their own complete annihilation.

also, can someone explain to me why the rest of the world has the right to tell any country what to do.

what if canada or mexico or switzerland wants one.
560px-Nuclear_weapons_states.svg.png

Map of nuclear-armed states of the world.
NPT-designated nuclear weapon states (China, France,Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, Pakistan, North Korea)
Other states believed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany,Netherlands, Italy, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus,Kazakhstan, Ukraine, South Africa)
There are eight sovereign states that have successfully detonatednuclear weapons.[1] Five are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT). In order of acquisition of nuclear weapons these are: the United States, Russia (successor state to the Soviet Union), the United Kingdom, France, and China.

it's a touchy subject, i don't want them to get it, & i'm very pro israel. but i haven't seen this discussion about the political nature (foreign and domestic) and subsequent consequences, especially with an election looming.

i don't like the essence or idea of a world government... is that where we're headed...??

maybe iran has a bomb now. it seems to me that knowing where their bomb is, is safer than not...

i was a little surprised to hear joe leiberman leading a charge against the new arms deal... will it get ratified ?

Can Congress stop the Iran deal - The Washington Post

Foreign Affairs Focus Gary Sick on Iran and the Bomb

i don't think the iran making a bomb is any more critical, than any country Buying a bomb....

maybe the concept of nuclear war is itself becoming obsolete, which harkens back to MAD (mutual assured destruction).

Silly you thinking that the only way Iran can deliver a nuke is by missile or plane

Suitcase Nukes Homeland Security News

yup-------a whole lot of terrorism in a thumbnail sized pellet of plutonium

Iran could nuke us easily while Obama is president. After an attack, we would have to wait for Obama to find out about it on the eleven o clock news. Then he would have to get on tv and tell us how we deserved it for being a world super power and it is no fault of the muslims. Then he would reinstate the sanctions on Iran and blame the republicans for Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Because of his shitty deal he and Kerry made with Iran.

There are those among the Islamists who believe that jumping into an Apocalypse will force Allah's hand in their favor.

That's interesting. You seem to know a lot. Are there also some Christians who wouldn't mind bringing about the apocalypse?

Pakistan has thermonuclear devices since the 80's. They are an Islamic country believed to have close ties to numerous Islamic terrorist organizations.

Because the ones in power there do not believe as many Islamist mullahs and officials do.

If the Israelis didn't want nuclear proliferation,

they shouldn't have proliferated.
This is the reason Israel won't tell. They sort of don't have the bomb. They don't want to give anyone an excuse. Everyone knows, but Israel hasn't conducted any tests (where anyone can see them.)

But if Iran tries anything, we will see what a large hydrogen bomb can do to a city of 14,000,000 like Tehran. Israel doesn't want that. It is up to the Iranians

Iran could nuke us easily while Obama is president. After an attack, we would have to wait for Obama to find out about it on the eleven o clock news. Then he would have to get on tv and tell us how we deserved it for being a world super power and it is no fault of the muslims. Then he would reinstate the sanctions on Iran and blame the republicans for Iran getting a nuclear bomb. Because of his shitty deal he and Kerry made with Iran.

well----silly though it is------I kinda think you got the gist of it. -------as time goes on
and -------I "harden"----<<< that refers to getting cynical ----not the arteries of my
brain. ----I look back on our mistakes. HESITATION-------over the past
100 years-------we hesitated when we should have responded-----we should have responded to the growing german threat---way back in the 1920s, to Idi Amin---way back circa 1970 ----to pol pot-----way back-----whenever he first manifested
his insanity------to SADDAM HUSSEIN way back in the 1960s---by the mid sixties he should have caught a bullet in his head-----to Osama bin laden----when
Oliver North first spoke up----to the TALIBAN MANIACS before 1990-----to the AYATOILETS------in the mid 1970s (?) To HEZBOLLAH----growing internatioinal terrorism arm of Iran ----- when they first moved into Lebanon ---to
the ASSADS-----whilst baby assad was still a medical resident in England etc
etc etc ----did I mention PAPA DOC DUVALIER?

Because the ones in power there do not believe as many Islamist mullahs and officials do.

I am of the understanding the crazies run the military, and the military control the nukes.

You know, the same crazies that made Bin Laden a neighbor for years. Those crazies.

I hope they are not the same crazies looking for the 12th Imam. But the background and behavior of the military does not suggest that so much.

We are the only ones monstrous enough to use a nuke, twice, as a weapon of terror, on non-military targets no less. Regardless of what Iran does, we have no room to talk.

Pakistanis are mostly sunnis----not Shiites------the 12th jerk in the well----
is a SHIITE thing--------Pakistanis are not only not Shiites----they actually
oppress those who are in Pakistan. I have no notion if there are Shiites
in Bangla desh (???) I could google----I guess........nah.......
For the record-----there are a few thousand joooos who cannot wait for Israel to be destroyed because then the messiah pops out of the mount of olives and---
THEY TAKE OVER -----------the jerk with the knife at the homo parade is one of them. Also----for the record-----that "few thousand"----is probably an accurate
estimate-------they all seem to advertise themselves as "MILLIONS" They should not be eligible for gun permits-------or allowed near knives

Iran follows a Messianic creed that looks forward to the "end times" and further believes that they can hasten it. A devout Shia with a nuke weapon is just too dangerous to allow.

Forum List

Back