if iran gets the bomb, they can never use it.

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
in what direction could they send it whereby the end result wouldn't mean their own complete annihilation.

also, can someone explain to me why the rest of the world has the right to tell any country what to do.

what if canada or mexico or switzerland wants one.
560px-Nuclear_weapons_states.svg.png

Map of nuclear-armed states of the world.
NPT-designated nuclear weapon states (China, France,Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, Pakistan, North Korea)
Other states believed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany,Netherlands, Italy, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus,Kazakhstan, Ukraine, South Africa)
There are eight sovereign states that have successfully detonatednuclear weapons.[1] Five are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT). In order of acquisition of nuclear weapons these are: the United States, Russia (successor state to the Soviet Union), the United Kingdom, France, and China.

it's a touchy subject, i don't want them to get it, & i'm very pro israel. but i haven't seen this discussion about the political nature (foreign and domestic) and subsequent consequences, especially with an election looming.

i don't like the essence or idea of a world government... is that where we're headed...??

maybe iran has a bomb now. it seems to me that knowing where their bomb is, is safer than not...

i was a little surprised to hear joe leiberman leading a charge against the new arms deal... will it get ratified ?

Can Congress stop the Iran deal - The Washington Post

Foreign Affairs Focus Gary Sick on Iran and the Bomb

i don't think the iran making a bomb is any more critical, than any country Buying a bomb....

maybe the concept of nuclear war is itself becoming obsolete, which harkens back to MAD (mutual assured destruction).

Last edited:
There are those among the Islamists who believe that jumping into an Apocalypse will force Allah's hand in their favor.

Anything can happen here, but what I don't believe is that Iran's leaders are going to initiate a nuclear strike that anyone can detect.

I've noticed that jihadist leaders are great at sending others to meet up with those 72 virgins, but they're not in all that big a hurry themselves.

Anything can happen here, but what I don't believe is that Iran's leaders are going to initiate a nuclear strike that anyone can detect.

I've noticed that jihadist leaders are great at sending others to meet up with those 72 virgins, but they're not in all that big a hurry themselves.

Whoa........! Deep. The bold font is especially awesome. It really brings your point home as though you weren't stating the obvious. Well done.

There are those among the Islamists who believe that jumping into an Apocalypse will force Allah's hand in their favor.

That's interesting. You seem to know a lot. Are there also some Christians who wouldn't mind bringing about the apocalypse?
The difference is, Christians believe that God will bring about the apocalypse in the days of the return of Jesus. Muslims believe they are commanded to bring about the apocalypse as a human act to bring about the return of the 12th imam.

• Banned
good point, i feel for the iranian population. the thing that amazes me, is that they are tech connected.
but ideologically (theologically) they still live i the stone age.. a living paradox. i wish we had supported them in 08. that would have ensured an arab spring, perhaps not a looming nuclear winter.

They could use it. They just wouldn't exist after using it.

• Banned

Whoa........! Deep. The bold font is especially awesome. It really brings your point home as though you weren't stating the obvious. Well done.

once in a while you can peek from behind your facade here, you are among friends. mostly ;)

That's interesting. You seem to know a lot. Are there also some Christians who wouldn't mind bringing about the apocalypse?
The difference is, Christians believe that God will bring about the apocalypse in the days of the return of Jesus. Muslims believe they are commanded to bring about the apocalypse as a human act to bring about the return of the 12th imam.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count on how many levels the above post is hilarious.

why don't they buy one from N korea and just do in themselves... it could be like a national/world holiday..:)

in what direction could they send it whereby the end result wouldn't mean their own complete annihilation.

also, can someone explain to me why the rest of the world has the right to tell any country what to do.

what if canada or mexico or switzerland wants one.
560px-Nuclear_weapons_states.svg.png

Map of nuclear-armed states of the world.
NPT-designated nuclear weapon states (China, France,Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, Pakistan, North Korea)
Other states believed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany,Netherlands, Italy, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus,Kazakhstan, Ukraine, South Africa)
There are eight sovereign states that have successfully detonatednuclear weapons.[1] Five are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT). In order of acquisition of nuclear weapons these are: the United States, Russia (successor state to the Soviet Union), the United Kingdom, France, and China.

it's a touchy subject, i don't want them to get it, & i'm very pro israel. but i haven't seen this discussion about the political nature (foreign and domestic) and subsequent consequences, especially with an election looming.

i don't like the essence or idea of a world government... is that where we're headed...??

maybe iran has a bomb now. it seems to me that knowing where their bomb is, is safer than not...

i was a little surprised to hear joe leiberman leading a charge against the new arms deal... will it get ratified ?

Can Congress stop the Iran deal - The Washington Post

Foreign Affairs Focus Gary Sick on Iran and the Bomb

i don't think the iran making a bomb is any more critical, than any country Buying a bomb....

maybe the concept of nuclear war is itself becoming obsolete, which harkens back to MAD (mutual assured destruction).

Its not about what the country of Iran would do, Its about what someone who could buy a nuke from them might do, or what some radical group like ISIS might do if it took over Iran.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count on how many levels the above post is hilarious.

He accurately quoted the philosophy and teachings of both religions. Why do you find that hilarious?

He accurately quoted the philosophy and teachings of both religions. Why do you find that hilarious?

Because it's all superstition for starters.

Oh, PS,

because he left out the Mayans.

Because it's all superstition for starters.

Well, thats your opinion, I and billions of other human beings disagree.

Oh, PS,

because he left out the Mayans.

The Mayans believed in a supreme being.

Forum List

Back