If I'm proud of what I am, that's a problem for many people...

If I'm proud to be a man, that makes me a misogynist.

If I'm proud to be white, that makes me a racist.

If I'm proud to be straight, that makes me a homophobe.

And even if I don't have pride in being a straight white man, I am privileged.

The classic no-win situation for me.

Why are you proud to be how you were born, things for which you have no control, as opposed to what you’ve accomplished in life, which you can control?

Since when is it an either or choice?

97% of males are straight. Being proud that you’re straight is like being proud that you were born on earth.

“Gay Pride” and other expressions of identity pride are due to the discrimination, recrimination, hostility, rejection and outright violence that many gay people have experienced. Very, very few straight people have had their head kicked in because they were straight. But fear of violence because of their orientation is common in the gay community.

I think you are wrong, and more so with each passing day.

I see the Gay Pride of today, as more of a bully pack, enjoying it's power and privilege.

Some little Johnny in school calls little Bobbie a fag, and he is likely to be sent to the Principle's office for reeducation and punishment than celebrated.
Your hyper hyperbole and vitriol is astoundingly ridiculous. Get over yourself.

Why are you proud to be how you were born, things for which you have no control, as opposed to what you’ve accomplished in life, which you can control?

97% of males are straight. Being proud that you’re straight is like being proud that you were born on earth.

“Gay Pride” and other expressions of identity pride are due to the discrimination, recrimination, hostility, rejection and outright violence that many gay people have experienced. Very, very few straight people have had their head kicked in because they were straight. But fear of violence because of their orientation is common in the gay community.

I see the Gay Pride of today, as more of a bully pack, enjoying it's power and privilege.

Some little Johnny in school calls little Bobbie a fag, and he is likely to be sent to the Principle's office for reeducation and punishment than celebrated.
Your hyper hyperbole and vitriol is astoundingly ridiculous. Get over yourself.

Not really.

TImes have changed. LIberals push their ideology EVERYWHERE, they have any power what so ever.

What part of that do you disagree with?

That’s because you have no clue what other people have gone through and rely on the opinions of your news sources to shape you view.

I don’t know any white/straight guys who think “Gosh, I wish I were black/gay.” None of those who are whining about discrimination against whites or straights would trade places with blacks or gays, though most of them should so they could get a clue.

That’s because you have no clue what other people have gone through and rely on the opinions of your news sources to shape you view.

I don’t know any white/straight guys who think “Gosh, I wish I were black/gay.” None of those who are whining about discrimination against whites or straights would trade places with blacks or gays, though most of them should so they could get a clue.

Ironically, YOU have no idea what I have gone though.

Pride leads to jingoism and arrogance.

And Americans are very arrogant

Pride CAN lead to arrogance.

My point stands.

There is nothing about saying "I am proud to be an American" that puts anyone else down.

So then you're a person who would be proud to be a citizen of any country as long as you were born there.

I would at least try to find something to be proud of, and imo, most nations, have SOMETHING positive in their history, for a good citizen to look at and find pride in.

I've talked to many people from many nations. Most of them have had something to proud of. Some have been ashamed of their nations. That struck me as sad. And unhealthy.

I never felt as an American, that some one else expressing pride in their nation, was a put down aimed at me or mine.

I never said it was a put down so stop implying that I did.

I said pride leads to a feeling of superiority over others who do not have what it is you are proud of,

I'm proud to be white implies that you think you are somehow better than people who are not white. Whether or not people who are not white take that as a put down is irrelevant

I disagree. Having pride in something, is not, by itself a comment on anyone or anything else.

I never said it was a comment

I said

pride leads to a feeling of superiority over others who do not have what it is you are proud of,

Pride CAN lead to arrogance.

My point stands.

There is nothing about saying "I am proud to be an American" that puts anyone else down.

So then you're a person who would be proud to be a citizen of any country as long as you were born there.

I would at least try to find something to be proud of, and imo, most nations, have SOMETHING positive in their history, for a good citizen to look at and find pride in.

I've talked to many people from many nations. Most of them have had something to proud of. Some have been ashamed of their nations. That struck me as sad. And unhealthy.

I never felt as an American, that some one else expressing pride in their nation, was a put down aimed at me or mine.

I said pride leads to a feeling of superiority over others who do not have what it is you are proud of,

I'm proud to be white implies that you think you are somehow better than people who are not white. Whether or not people who are not white take that as a put down is irrelevant

I disagree. Having pride in something, is not, by itself a comment on anyone or anything else.

I said

pride leads to a feeling of superiority over others who do not have what it is you are proud of,

I've talked to people from other countries that are proud of their countries, and I never felt that.

I said

I've talked to people from other countries that are proud of their countries, and I never felt that.

I also said

Whether or not people who are not white take that as a put down is irrelevant

Maybe you should actually read what I write before you answer

Hands up all the white guys whining about discrimination against them who wish their son was gay because it would give him a better chance at life?

Anyone?

Anyone?

False choice fallacy. Implies that the only option to remove the issues of identity politics and balkanization is to join one of the indentity groups.

It is not about the dirt. It is about the people who are part of your group. It is normal and healthy to be proud of the group you are a member of.

It is part of the social dynamics of a healthy group, that allows it to work together, for the good of it's members.

The failure of that, is a group becoming unhealthy, perhaps even dying.

So I should be proud of people not for what they have done but because they belong to some arbitrary group?

Basing your identity and self worth on arbitrary things is unhealthy and delusional
And it certainly smacks of desperation and a lack of earned self-worth.

And liberals wonder why we question their patriotism.

Liberals wonder why you do lots of crazy shit.

I was responding to a post, where a liberal attacked the very idea of being proud of, among other things, place of birth.

That would include the concept of Patriotism.

THus, my point, that liberals, quite often, and consistently attack the very idea of Patriotism, and then act like WE conservatives are being unfair when we reference or question their lack of patriotism.

That is a valid point.

What you posted was shit.

Being proud of the good things that come out of the area of your birth is reasonable and common, especially if you are part of the reason those good things happen. Being proud of a certain location just because it occupies a certain area, and unrelated to any good things associated with it is dumb.

I said

I also said

I did read that. I addressed the other point you made.

If the person making the statement does not intend it as a put down.

That seems relevant. More relevant than how it is taken.

So I should be proud of people not for what they have done but because they belong to some arbitrary group?

Basing your identity and self worth on arbitrary things is unhealthy and delusional

I was responding to a post, where a liberal attacked the very idea of being proud of, among other things, place of birth.

THus, my point, that liberals, quite often, and consistently attack the very idea of Patriotism, and then act like WE conservatives are being unfair when we reference or question their lack of patriotism.

That is a valid point.

Being proud of the good things that come out of the area of your birth is reasonable and common, especially if you are part of the reason those good things happen. Being proud of a certain location just because it occupies a certain area, and unrelated to any good things associated with it is dumb.

Yes. I am aware of your side's position on this issue.

Yet, you libs act sooooo offended when we reference your lack of patriotism.

That is a valid point.

Patriotism is a different thing dumb ass.

That is a valid point.

Patriotism is a different thing dumb ass.

LOL!!!!!! Sure it is. NO connection at all!

Let's pretend that you spend a couple of dozens posts, explaining to me, whatever semantics game you are playing in your mind, and I laughed at it a lot, and pointed out the flaws, and you called me some names, and the thread bogged down in the stupid shit.

THere, done. Lets move on.

I said

I also said

More relevant is what pride does to the person expressing it.

You say it's healthy I say it's toxic

We will never agree

I said

I also said

We will never agree

What of an healthy self image?

I said

I also said

We will never agree

Pride isn't necessary for that

I also said

We will never agree

Pretty thin line, between being able to look at yourself, and see the positives, and look at yourself seeing the positives, and feeling pride in them.

I also said

We will never agree

Pretty thin line, between being able to look at yourself, and see the positives, and look at yourself seeing the positives, and feeling pride in them.

There's a pretty thin line between healthy and toxic in almost everything.

PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERN WHITE MAN [emoji1317]
4521c5a7acdf11a2b6802bbcb0e494fd.jpg

Proud to fly a flag of traitors ? Proud of all’s the US troops they killed , more than any enemy in history ? Proud of how they tried to destroy the United States ? Proud of their stance on slavery ?

I bet you get all upset at the athletes who kneel.

You sound like a hoe

Forum List

Back