My Avatar Tribute To Ava (Mini-AOC) Ends

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
I believe my point was made and now it's time to move on. My new avatar is my first car....a 1958 Nash Metropolitan I bought from my neighbor for $200. I'd turned 16 and had a job as a carry-out and bottle room deposit tycoon at $1.07 an hour. Sherry, my girlfriend from a local town, almost kicked the windshield out in a moment of passion the first time we "parked" by the lake. I got 6 guys in the car the first day of school my junior year in high school....almost rolled it turning a corner. Eventually the brakes starting to go out and the master cylinder had to come from England and cost more than the car was worth. So I traded it in on a two door Ford Falcon with a sprung frame. I'll always remember that Metro....it was my first taste of freedom from begging for the family car. And the girls thought it was "cute" which helped me finagle a date or two. I learned from the episode with Sherry to keep the windows down for "parking". :cool-45:

Oh man that’s sweet. My grandfather had two Metropolitans, same color.
I remember how tiny the thing was and amazed it could have a back seat.

• Banned
Oh man that’s sweet. My grandfather had two Metropolitans, same color.
I remember how tiny the thing was and amazed it could have a back seat.

It didn't.....the back of the front seat folded forward to get into the trunk....I had it confused at first with a Nash I owned later....it supposedly had the fold down front seat but it was stuck. :lol: Metro's are now selling in the $10-$12K range and more. There is a plate on the firewall under the hood that tells what countries the parts came from....over a DOZEN.

Forum List

Back