If ICE deports illegal-alien parents with US-born kids, are they the ones "breaking up the family"?

I want to deport illegal aliens.

What they do with their children is THEIR choice.
Their children are mostly American citizens, dummy. Not caring about them just makes you an asshole and means your "solutions" will never ever happen. Never.

If you want the government to take care of them, start and adoption agency, and get government funding.

What part of IT'S THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN do you NOT understand?

Why do you insist on rewarding people that broke the law?
The part that you don't understand is you can't just deport American citizens to other nations? And if you say you don't care what happens to their kids, you just said you don't care what happens to millions of American children. Good job, asshole.

And if they were born here they were neither rewarded nor punished. They were born American Citizens. That is our law so just deal with it like an adult instead of whining like a child who lost a toy.

What do you not understand about we won't be deporting the kids, they will be going with their parents. If the parents chose to make other arrangements for their children, they are free to do that also. But they got to go.
The lefties are just hiding behind children. They're just that pathetic and desperate. Kinda like Isis using children for human shields.

All they got is this ridiculous emotional argument, the law is against them.

The vast, vast majority of immigrants, legal or not, care deeply - like the vast, vast majority of everyone else - about their families. The prospect of deportation is a very real concern for illegal aliens - of course. I actually know this for a fact. Not a fear, or a stereotype, or a political position, but as a fact.
And you know this HOW? Illegal aliens have a whole different mindset. They are a hard bunch to figure. I see them alternately have gun battles in broad daylight with kids running around, then do arson endangering children and innocent adults for petty matters. These wankers get thrown out and they are back in a week. They don't care. It boggles the mind. You don't understand any of this, Unko. There is a whole level to this you don't understand with that white vanilla politically correct mentality of yours.

I have worked very closely with immigrant groups of all types for over two decades. I have worked with, for, and on behalf of immigrants in a great variety of places, contexts, and communities. Part of this involves teaching immigrants of various backgrounds and status in a *very* inner city high school setting (and all that comes with it). I have taught scores and scores of kids and adults over the years. I have gotten to know very well the kids, their families, their circumstances, and their challenges. The hysteria, hyperbole, and flat-out fabricated nonsense that I see posted about a subject I actually know about - in reality - would be funny if it didn't affect the crap a lot of good people have to put up with.

Make no mistake, I do NOT support illegal immigration. I deplore the government's misfeasance in this regard, but we are in fact talking about human beings not so unlike any of us.

Won't the illegal aliens be happy to be reunited with family they left in Mexico? It will be so beautiful to reunite them!

Won't the illegal aliens be happy to be reunited with family they left in Mexico? It will be so beautiful to reunite them!
Such reunions would perfectly showcase the generosity, and charity of the American people. Not to mention it would show our shared values, and beliefs that nations, and families are stronger together. Sorry guys, but I got a little misty eyed while typing this out...

Happens a lot these days. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deportation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

It is no different than when a Wall Street type is arrested for securities fraud...they take all his stuff and leave the kids penniless....the kids didn't cheat anyone, but the kids still suffer.....everything they had came from illegal behavior......and yet no one cares about them....

Mexico will be ECSTATIC to get back so many of their honest and hard working citizens that were wasting their high character and work ethic in America.

This is going to be absolutely fantastic for Mexico. It's racist of America to take advantage of their cheap labor. They should be working in Mexico.

I bet those parents sacrificed more to live in this country than your bitchass did Acorn.
Ill bet not.
most of us here served in the military, we have paid taxes our whole life, taxes that were used to build the schools and roads that the illegals use for free.
They sacrificed very little to come over here and use what we built while demanding we cater to them.
as far as those children? the U.S would only be breaking up the illegals family if the U.S deported the criminal parents while refusing to allow the spawn to leave. If a family is split, it is the fault of the illegal parents.
sacrifice my ass, fuck those bean eating bastards. what makes anyone think they would be willing to do anything to maintain or protect the U.S when they have already abandoned their own country when things got uncomfortable

157,000 Latino-Americans currently serve in the US military.

And, you've never eaten beans?
We are talking about illegals who illegally crossed the border. Im quite certain there arent 157,000 of those serving in the military.

America exceptionalism does not exist, just like Obama told us.

We are no better than Mexico, so we should make sure not to rob Mexico of its best citizens and hardest workers when it's no better here in America than it is in Mexico.

It's disturbing to see the racist side of liberals where they want to rob a neighboring country of its best and brightest citizens.

The vast, vast majority of immigrants, legal or not, care deeply - like the vast, vast majority of everyone else - about their families. The prospect of deportation is a very real concern for illegal aliens - of course. I actually know this for a fact. Not a fear, or a stereotype, or a political position, but as a fact.
And you know this HOW? Illegal aliens have a whole different mindset. They are a hard bunch to figure. I see them alternately have gun battles in broad daylight with kids running around, then do arson endangering children and innocent adults for petty matters. These wankers get thrown out and they are back in a week. They don't care. It boggles the mind. You don't understand any of this, Unko. There is a whole level to this you don't understand with that white vanilla politically correct mentality of yours.

I have worked very closely with immigrant groups of all types for over two decades. I have worked with, for, and on behalf of immigrants in a great variety of places, contexts, and communities. Part of this involves teaching immigrants of various backgrounds and status in a *very* inner city high school setting (and all that comes with it). I have taught scores and scores of kids and adults over the years. I have gotten to know very well the kids, their families, their circumstances, and their challenges. The hysteria, hyperbole, and flat-out fabricated nonsense that I see posted about a subject I actually know about - in reality - would be funny if it didn't affect the crap a lot of good people have to put up with.

Make no mistake, I do NOT support illegal immigration. I deplore the government's misfeasance in this regard, but we are in fact talking about human beings not so unlike any of us.
I think you are doing just that, these people have affected me negativity so many times I don't care anymore, illegals are just using their kids as leverage and that is so cynical. You are more concerned about illegal aliens kids than their own parents, that should tell you something. Unko, you are so naive. You are well intended. You know what they say? The road to hell is lined with good intentions.

I think you are doing just that, these people have affected me negativity so many times I don't care anymore......

There's that victim card again. Boo-hoo, etc.

.... You are more concerned about illegal aliens kids than their own parents, that should tell you something. Unko, you are so naive. You are well intended. You know what they say? The road to hell is lined with good intentions.

You, as usual, have no idea what you are talking about.

I have worked very closely with immigrant groups of all types for over two decades. I have worked with, for, and on behalf of immigrants in a great variety of places, contexts, and communities. Part of this involves teaching immigrants of various backgrounds and status in a *very* inner city high school setting (and all that comes with it). I have taught scores and scores of kids and adults over the years. I have gotten to know very well the kids, their families, their circumstances, and their challenges. The hysteria, hyperbole, and flat-out fabricated nonsense that I see posted about a subject I actual

.... You are more concerned about illegal aliens kids than their own parents, that should tell you something. Unko, you are so naive. You are well intended. You know what they say? The road to hell is lined with good intentions.

ly
know about - in reality - would be funny if it didn't affect the crap a lot of good people have to put up with.

I think you are doing just that, these people have affected me negativity so many times I don't care anymore, illegals are just using their kids as leverage and that is so cynical. You are more concerned about illegal aliens kids than their own parents, that should tell you something. Unko, you are so naive. You are well intended. You know what they say? The road to hell is lined with good intentions.

I have no Idea what you are talking about. Still.Illegals have hurt people and I understand that, YOU don't seem to be able to wrap your mind around that. They Do. Can you understand THAT? All those Innocent kids are mixed up with their parents inability to comply with immigration law, the flaw isn't in the law or us for recognizing it. Boo hoo.

Oh laudy, I been haut so bayd, so vera, vera bayd! I feels the vaypus coming on ageen!

"Paved". "Paved" with good intentions.

Oh laudy, I been haut so bayd, so vera, vera bayd! I feels the vaypus coming on ageen!
Not trying to hurt you or anyone, you don't get it. Kudos for helping kids, good stuff. But sometimes we come a crossroads. Illegals aren't the poor little victims they are being made out to be. You don't get THAT.

Not trying to hurt you or anyone, you don't get it. Kudos for helping kids, good stuff. But sometimes we come a crossroads. Illegals aren't the poor little victims they are being made out to be. You don't get THAT.
There are plenty of American children, born of Legal American parents one can "help". And soon more resources to lend to the cause. Let us not squander this opportunity.

There are plenty of American children, born of Legal American parents one can "help". And soon more resources to lend to the cause. Let us not squander this opportunity.

OK. What do you suggest?

Forum List

Back