If ICE deports illegal-alien parents with US-born kids, are they the ones "breaking up the family"?

Time to re-interpret the 14th to close the Anchor Baby loophole.

Ex post facto prevents us from doing anything about the Anchor Babies already here.

A re-interpretation of the 14th, however, by a more sanely-constituted SCOTUS, closes that loophole quite nicely.

And if your litter of Anchor Babies isn't properly documented, then they go, too.
tongue_smile.gif

If you want a Constitutional amendment, start working on it, not whining about it.

A simple re-interpretation of the 14th, by a SCOTUS hostile to Illegal Aliens, will do nicely,...

No, it won't. Stayed tuned and maybe you'll learn something.

Ex post facto prevents us from doing anything about the Anchor Babies already here.

A re-interpretation of the 14th, however, by a more sanely-constituted SCOTUS, closes that loophole quite nicely.

And if your litter of Anchor Babies isn't properly documented, then they go, too.
tongue_smile.gif

If you want a Constitutional amendment, start working on it, not whining about it.

A simple re-interpretation of the 14th, by a SCOTUS hostile to Illegal Aliens, will do nicely,...

Our Illegal Alien friends and their litters of Anchor-Baby pups had better HOPE that I'm wrong...
tongue_smile.gif
...any any event, we'll know soon enough...
74_74.gif

Happens a lot these days. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deportation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

There is no "SEPARATION"....their child is more than welcome to go back home with the illegal parents.

tongue_smile.gif

Our Illegal Alien friends and their litters of Anchor-Baby pups had better HOPE that I'm wrong...
tongue_smile.gif
74_74.gif

Were you born as part of a litter? Were you a pup, or a human baby at birth?

tongue_smile.gif

tongue_smile.gif
74_74.gif

God, but I DO love how that gets your goat, every single time... one of the reasons why I revisit it from time to time... tee-hee...

tongue_smile.gif
74_74.gif

God, but I DO love how that gets your goat, every single time... one of the reasons why I revisit it from time to time... tee-hee...

Is there a reason you are afraid to answer? Some deep insecurity?

The OP is in my opinion, disingenuous. Never have I heard anyone suggest that children of illegals weren't welcome to leave with their parents. Where did such a silly notion come from. I'm sure being the compassionate nation we are, we would go the extra mile to keep the whole family together.

The OP is in my opinion, disingenuous. Never have I heard anyone suggest that children of illegals weren't welcome to leave with their parents. Where did such a silly notion come from. I'm sure being the compassionate nation we are, we would go the extra mile to keep the whole family together.

Absolutely. Why would anyone think it would be a good idea to make the child stay? The child should stay with the parents if they want to.

Absolutely. Why would anyone think it would be a good idea to make the child stay? The child should stay with the parents if they want to.
Sounds like some leftist scare tactic. Like I said, I've never heard it suggested that we would keep the children from the parents. How absurd.

It's racist to rob Mexico of their honest and hard working people. Deporting illegal immigrants back to their homeland is going to be great for Mexico.

The thread premise is yet another manifestation of the reprehensible right, and why conservatism is the bane of the American Nation.

What's reprehensible about abiding by the law?
What part of deporting small Americans born here to foreign nationals is obeying the law?

And why would another nation just willy-nilly take in American citizens, regardless of their age?

Most have dual citizenship till they turn 21.

Mexican nationals are allowed to return to Mexico with their children. Where do these people come up with this fallacy that any country wants to break up families? Christ we'll even end up paying extra to send their kids back with them. That alone shows we care.

Of course they can.

One, or both, of their parents are citizens of the country they are being returned to

Odd

seems in my family, children of parents from to different countries usually have dual citizenship, until the turn 18.

and how are the officials going to know the citizenship of the child anyway?

Check their passport?
That's correct, children go on their parent's passport or have their own. It's not just you're a child so come on in. And citizenship varies. There is no reason to believe that a child born here will have dual-citizenship. Most of them will be Americans, end of discussion.

But it's nice to know you want to deport Americans, with dual citizenship. That would have gotten rid of Ted Cruz.

I want to deport illegal aliens.

What they do with their children is THEIR choice.
Their children are mostly American citizens, dummy. Not caring about them just makes you an asshole and means your "solutions" will never ever happen. Never.

If you want the government to take care of them, start and adoption agency, and get government funding.

What part of IT'S THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN do you NOT understand?

Why do you insist on rewarding people that broke the law?
The part that you don't understand is you can't just deport American citizens to other nations? And if you say you don't care what happens to their kids, you just said you don't care what happens to millions of American children. Good job, asshole.

And if they were born here they were neither rewarded nor punished. They were born American Citizens. That is our law so just deal with it like an adult instead of whining like a child who lost a toy.

What do you not understand about we won't be deporting the kids, they will be going with their parents. If the parents chose to make other arrangements for their children, they are free to do that also. But they got to go.

Oh, my.

The rabid Trump-haters and open-borders crowd don't want to touch this one.

Who can blame them?

The truth always works against the leftists' agenda.
Republicans have no problem breaking up families. They don't care about the morality. Because they have none. They wouldn't mind pissing on those kids. Remember Republicans "let him die" at the Las Vegas Debates. That's the GOP long before Trump.

We separate criminals from their families all the time.

That's correct, children go on their parent's passport or have their own. It's not just you're a child so come on in. And citizenship varies. There is no reason to believe that a child born here will have dual-citizenship. Most of them will be Americans, end of discussion.

But it's nice to know you want to deport Americans, with dual citizenship. That would have gotten rid of Ted Cruz.

I want to deport illegal aliens.

What they do with their children is THEIR choice.
Their children are mostly American citizens, dummy. Not caring about them just makes you an asshole and means your "solutions" will never ever happen. Never.

If you want the government to take care of them, start and adoption agency, and get government funding.

What part of IT'S THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN do you NOT understand?

Why do you insist on rewarding people that broke the law?
The part that you don't understand is you can't just deport American citizens to other nations? And if you say you don't care what happens to their kids, you just said you don't care what happens to millions of American children. Good job, asshole.

And if they were born here they were neither rewarded nor punished. They were born American Citizens. That is our law so just deal with it like an adult instead of whining like a child who lost a toy.

What do you not understand about we won't be deporting the kids, they will be going with their parents. If the parents chose to make other arrangements for their children, they are free to do that also. But they got to go.
The lefties are just hiding behind children. They're just that pathetic and desperate. Kinda like Isis using children for human shields.

...They'll get a path to citizenship...
Yep... bound to happen, with a 3rd Obama term.

...And we'll all be better off for it...
Well, the Illegal Beaners will be better off for it; the rest of us, not so much; not to mention the Please Invade Us message it sends to millions of others in future.

..."Building a wall and making Mexico pay for it" is a childish scenario, and will never happen.
Agreed.

Far better to felonize the giving of jobs or housing or cars or bank accounts or schooling or medical services or welfare or money wire transfer services to Illegals.

If there's no reason to be here, they won't be.

Time to stop using those terms for illegals, only 60% of illegals come across the southern border, others came from all over the world. This is about ALL of them.

The vast, vast majority of immigrants, legal or not, care deeply - like the vast, vast majority of everyone else - about their families. The prospect of deportation is a very real concern for illegal aliens - of course. I actually know this for a fact. Not a fear, or a stereotype, or a political position, but as a fact.

They shouldn't have put themselves in that position, should they?

The vast, vast majority of immigrants, legal or not, care deeply - like the vast, vast majority of everyone else - about their families. The prospect of deportation is a very real concern for illegal aliens - of course. I actually know this for a fact. Not a fear, or a stereotype, or a political position, but as a fact.
And you know this HOW? Illegal aliens have a whole different mindset. They are a hard bunch to figure. I see them alternately have gun battles in broad daylight with kids running around, then do arson endangering children and innocent adults for petty matters. These wankers get thrown out and they are back in a week. They don't care. It boggles the mind. You don't understand any of this, Unko. There is a whole level to this you don't understand with that white vanilla politically correct mentality of yours.

I have worked very closely with immigrant groups of all types for over two decades. I have worked with, for, and on behalf of immigrants in a great variety of places, contexts, and communities. Part of this involves teaching immigrants of various backgrounds and status in a *very* inner city high school setting (and all that comes with it). I have taught scores and scores of kids and adults over the years. I have gotten to know very well the kids, their families, their circumstances, and their challenges. The hysteria, hyperbole, and flat-out fabricated nonsense that I see posted about a subject I actually know about - in reality - would be funny if it didn't affect the crap a lot of good people have to put up with.

Make no mistake, I do NOT support illegal immigration. I deplore the government's misfeasance in this regard, but we are in fact talking about human beings not so unlike any of us.

I never broke the law every day I woke up in this country or every day I went to work, illegals do. We have laws, we either enforce them or we don't. People who come or stay here illegally are aware of the consequences when they're caught. I have no problem making them live with the consequences of their own decisions.

Forum List

Back