If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

The old testament is a metaphor.
Really? So, what neat little moral or ethical lesson does this represent?

" “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do."

Google the word ‘metaphor’.

Then everything will be clear.
I know what the word 'metaphor' means. And I asked you a question. If you know what metaphor means, you will be able to answer it for me.

Do you plan to do so?

The old testament is a metaphor.
Really? So, what neat little moral or ethical lesson does this represent?

" “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do."

Google the word ‘metaphor’.

Then everything will be clear.
I know what the word 'metaphor' means. And I asked you a question. If you know what metaphor means, you will be able to answer it for me.

Do you plan to do so?

What do you believe the answer is?

the wisdom of the ancient texts is long since obscured by the forgeries used by the desert religions to promote political agendas they have disguised as religion. recorded history through the ages including the present time is witness to their deception and the harm to the simple and true religion they have created.
There is no "wisdom" in ancient texts, there are only bad guesses and our first and worst attempts at philosophy, science, art, medicine, etc. For example, while the Socratic method is brilliant and essential to the well being of all of mankind, we don't need any ancient texts either to derive it or improve upon it.
There is no "wisdom" in ancient texts, there are only bad guesses and our first and worst attempts at philosophy, science, art, medicine, etc. For example, while the Socratic method is brilliant and essential to the well being of all of mankind, we don't need any ancient texts either to derive it or improve upon it.

There is no "wisdom" in ancient texts ...

were they what they were meant to be a great amount of persecution and suffering would never have occurred - the reality is they have been rendered for those purposes as opposed to preventing them.

I'm happy to give you that, and I promise your answer will not change mine. But, you are the one that claimed it as metaphor. Now, I think it's only fair that you explain the moral or ethical (or otherwise) lesson being related by the verse I quoted. Since you are apparently so well versed in the meaning of the word "metaphor" (as you seem to imply), this would seem to be a simple task for you.

As a reminder:

“If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do."

I'm happy to give you that, and I promise your answer will not change mine. But, you are the one that claimed it as metaphor. Now, I think it's only fair that you explain the moral or ethical (or otherwise) lesson being related by the verse I quoted. Since you are apparently so well versed in the meaning of the word "metaphor" (as you seem to imply), this would seem to be a simple task for you.

As a reminder:

“If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do."
You would literally have to understand the context of that time to understand it. Something you have never tried to do ever because that would not further your confirmation bias.

You would literally have to understand the context of that time to understand it.
I do, and I do. Thanks for that self-evident, worthless nugget of advice.

So, what's the metaphor? Looks like we got us another self-proclaimed genius that can't seem to answer the simple question.

As a reminder:

This metaphor concept can be confusing at times.

Maybe it means male transgendered Olympic atheletes should not compete with women.

I guess there is some gray area in metaphor space...

This metaphor concept can be confusing at times.
Okay, so you are confused. That's okay, everyone gets confused sometimes. Take all the time you need. But, in the future, i recommend you take your time to think these things through BEFORE posting.

Personally, I don't see much "metaphor" at all in the verse I posted. I see a passage from a primer for slavers. It seems to me my explanation is simple and useful and perfectly aligns with the contemporary societal and cultural contexts and events. Calling it "metaphor", without any explanation of the metaphor, seems obfuscate, vague, and useless.

You would literally have to understand the context of that time to understand it.
I do, and I do. Thanks for that self-evident, worthless nugget of advice.

So, what's the metaphor? Looks like we got us another self-proclaimed genius that can't seem to answer the simple question.
There is no metaphor for that passage.

Which literary style do you believe that book was written in exactly?

Not all books are allegorical. This one clearly isn’t.

So you did not get the answer you wanted.
Well, that certainly is a cheap, easy thing to say, after providing me no answer whatsoever. And the little girl didn't get the particular ice cream she wanted, when the ice cream man did not stop on her street. gee, you're a real deep thinker. ;)

Anyone else have the stones to answer?

Explain the "metaphor" in the following:

Anyone else have the stones to answer?

Explain the "metaphor" in the following:

Why don't you try putting the entire biblical account of slavery into the proper context?

So you did not get the answer you wanted.
Well, that certainly is a cheap, easy thing to say, after providing me no answer whatsoever. And the little girl didn't get the particular ice cream she wanted, when the ice cream man did not stop on her street. gee, you're a real deep thinker. ;)
You should study up on transactional analysis to see where you fit in on your discussions.

Is this how you behave in real life?

Why don't you try putting the entire biblical account of slavery into the proper context?
Sorry ding, save your parlor tricks for someone who hasn't met you, or a retard, or a child. I know you think preemptively characterizing your own, contrived opinions and blatherings as "correct" somehow lends them the force of truth, but you are not the first used car salesman charlatan I have come across.

Sorry ding, save your parlor tricks for someone who hasn't met you, or a retard, or a child. I know you think preemptively characterizing your own, contrived opinions and blatherings as "correct" somehow lends them the force of truth, but you are not the first used car salesman charlatan I have come across.
No parlor tricks needed, bro.

I seek truth, not confirmation bias.

Forum List

Back