If God made the universe, who made God?

Well, you're not really answering my question, you're telling me God exists because we exist. If God exists because we exist then God couldn't have created the universe because we didn't exist then, therefore no God to create the thing.

If we were in the same room I would slap you with my penis for your response!

What part is too hard for you and do you think I am a Religious Conservative mate?

I don't think you're anything.

What part is too hard? the part where I asked a question and you're answering the question I'm asking, that part.

You keep on asking me over and over to explain something when I have explained it to you...

Chaos in Greek Mythology was the void that from nothing was created, and is God, so from Chaos God created the Universe...

Simplistic minds can not understand how all religions from Norwegian mythology to Sumerian Mythology can be explained and how it fit into the Biblical sense...

Humans created God because humans have to believe in something and can not believe we are born from a bang in the Universe...

Now will I tell someone they should not believe?

Nope!

Why?

Because it is not place in society!

You're not answering my question. You're giving me Greek mythology.

Unless of course you're advocating this Greek mythology, if you were I doubt you'd have called it Greek mythology.

Have you ever read the Tanakh or the Holy Bible?

If not then please read them and come back and let write about how they are influence by Greek ,Roman, Sumerian and other cultures...

Again, you're not answering my question, you're talking about the Bible and stuff like that.

You're on a completely different path to this question.

It's a question, people say the universe is so complex it couldn't just have made itself, it must have been made by someone or something.

But then if God is complex enough to make the universe, then he himself must be extremely complex and therefore, under the same logic, he must have been made by someone or something that was also extremely complex (probably more complex than the god that was made, you'd think).

So who made God?

Dear frigidweirdo
If something made God then you take that thing to be the supreme and reset the
definition of God at that point.
If something made that God, then you reset the definition of God to be at the higher level
if by definition you are using God to mean the supreme absolute that encompasses all other things.

If you keep doing this, ad infinitum, that is where the definition/meaning of God
comes from that God is "infinite" with "no beginning and no end."
Note: YHWH the Biblical name for God refers to the God of BEING, of self-existent
and eternal presence, so this idea of the universe always in existence without beginning or end is consistent with the concept of YHWH in the Bible as just BEING/IAM.

The whole universe, all of creation and the processes can be counted and called God.
The whole body or record of all things and all events that have ever occurred can be called God, God's truth or God's knowledge/plans and this is consistent with the concept of God as all knowledge combined, all truth and wisdom collectively, all laws, things, and forces in life.

Whatever your ultimate source is for your frame of reference, the highest point is called God.
And in someone else's system, their highest point or whatever is in absolute control is God in their system.

(And then you just align these different systems, and let each person use their own in harmony with everyone else's system for how they label and divide the world from individual to collective levels.)

Last edited:
It's a question, people say the universe is so complex it couldn't just have made itself, it must have been made by someone or something.

But then if God is complex enough to make the universe, then he himself must be extremely complex and therefore, under the same logic, he must have been made by someone or something that was also extremely complex (probably more complex than the god that was made, you'd think).

So who made God?

Chaos is God and out of Chaos God made the Universe...

Chaos (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chaos not being chaos?

Alright, I thought you would get it so I must explain...

From the Sumerian days to the Greek days many have wonder is there a Divine being?

Anu?

Chaos?

God?

Did you know if you spell God backwards you would get Dog and if you add a d to evil you get Devil?

God was created by man because their simplistic mind can not understand that there is more to the universe and what we consider to be a divine being might not be a divine being...

God made us in his image, so was God actually immortal?

Did you know English was not spoken way back when?

So what?

Can you write in Sumerian or speak it?
Some Aramaic, which is what the Talmud is written in.
Some of the names in the Torah of Sumerian origin.
What does this have to do with Dog?

No, the universe exists, or so we believe.

That doesn't mean God created it.

No

so who created it then?

Mickey Mouse.
"so who created it then?

Mickey Mouse."

Why not?
Just as plausible.

Unbelievable! ^^^

Why unbelievable?

The concept of God was created by humans, the concept of Mickey Mouse was created by humans. What's the difference?

The difference is that ................ONE IS ......

and the other little one....is from Disneyland....a human mental creation

when we die and leave this mortal body.. ..we will comprehend better :)

Again, God is a HUMAN MENTAL CREATION.

We we die, maybe you'll find out you spent a whole life believing.

You told me that God just exists and that I can't comprehend this, insinuating that you can. Yet you can't comprehend that the universe could just exist in exactly the same manner.

It makes no sense.

You're telling me that God just "is", well Mickey Mouse exists, I can show you pictures to prove it.

The abstract notion of God and Lord were created by "The One Without End" because the creation was not created with the ability to know the true essence of the Creator.

If we were in the same room I would slap you with my penis for your response!

What part is too hard for you and do you think I am a Religious Conservative mate?

What part is too hard? the part where I asked a question and you're answering the question I'm asking, that part.

You keep on asking me over and over to explain something when I have explained it to you...

Chaos in Greek Mythology was the void that from nothing was created, and is God, so from Chaos God created the Universe...

Simplistic minds can not understand how all religions from Norwegian mythology to Sumerian Mythology can be explained and how it fit into the Biblical sense...

Humans created God because humans have to believe in something and can not believe we are born from a bang in the Universe...

Nope!

Why?

Unless of course you're advocating this Greek mythology, if you were I doubt you'd have called it Greek mythology.

If not then please read them and come back and let write about how they are influence by Greek ,Roman, Sumerian and other cultures...

The Tanach is not, TNT is.

Bullshit, and the Tanakh has stories of Samson which is Hercules and has Kraken and many other stories about Jacob and his many wives...

Nope!

Why?

Bullshit, and the Tanakh has stories of Samson which is Hercules and has Kraken and many other stories about Jacob and his many wives...

And I'm quite sure we can have an in depth discussion of those stories right here and NOW?
I'm up for it; you?

Chaos is God and out of Chaos God made the Universe...

Chaos (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chaos not being chaos?

From the Sumerian days to the Greek days many have wonder is there a Divine being?

Anu?

Chaos?

God?

Did you know if you spell God backwards you would get Dog and if you add a d to evil you get Devil?

God was created by man because their simplistic mind can not understand that there is more to the universe and what we consider to be a divine being might not be a divine being...

So what?

Egypt and Moses!

Science used to say the universe always existed. The loons proudly exclaimed you have your God that always existed and we have our universe that always existed.

Then the Big Bang theory came along and said the universe had a beginning that Genesis talks about.

No

so who created it then?

Mickey Mouse.
"so who created it then?

Mickey Mouse."

Why not?
Just as plausible.

Unbelievable! ^^^

Why unbelievable?

The concept of God was created by humans, the concept of Mickey Mouse was created by humans. What's the difference?

The difference is that ................ONE IS ......

and the other little one....is from Disneyland....a human mental creation

when we die and leave this mortal body.. ..we will comprehend better :)

Again, God is a HUMAN MENTAL CREATION.

We we die, maybe you'll find out you spent a whole life believing.

You told me that God just exists and that I can't comprehend this, insinuating that you can. Yet you can't comprehend that the universe could just exist in exactly the same manner.

It makes no sense.

You're telling me that God just "is", well Mickey Mouse exists, I can show you pictures to prove it.

One day.....

you will understand..ok?

and no words will be necessary....for you to understand.

Cheers.

Nope!

Why?

And I'm quite sure we can have an in depth discussion of those stories right here and NOW?
I'm up for it; you?

Sure thang Rabbi!

Chaos not being chaos?

Anu?

Chaos?

God?

So what?

Egypt and Moses!

You are saying the Creator of Existence is not capable of influencing nature?

So who made God?

Dear frigidweirdo
If something made that God, then you reset the definition of God to be at the higher level
if by definition you are using God to mean the supreme absolute that encompasses all other things.

If you keep doing this, ad infinitum, that is where the definition/meaning of God

The whole universe, all of creation and the processes can be counted and called God.

Whatever your ultimate source is for your frame of reference, the highest point is called God.
And in someone else's system, their highest point or whatever is in absolute control is God in their system.

(And then you just align these different systems, and let each person use their own in harmony with everyone else's system for how they label and divide the world from individual to collective levels.)

I understand what you're saying.

However the point I'm making is that the universe could just exist, and those who say that God must exist to have created the universe, are at the same time saying that God just exists.

So, the idea that someone created God is the same as the idea that someone created the universe.

You can't separate these two ideas from each other. They're the same reasoning. The acceptance that something could just exist without having been created.

So if God could exist without being created, then the universe also could have existed without being created.

I'm up for it; you?

Sure thang Rabbi!
Why not?
I've spent 40 years studying these episodes.
As well as keeping up with current events.

The abstract notion of God and Lord were created by "The One Without End" because the creation was not created with the ability to know the true essence of the Creator.

Chaos is God and the people of that day adapted many religions from Sumerian, Babylonian, and Greek, and even Egyptian...

The stories are guidelines to teach us from right from wrong and are not literal and if anyone believe these stories are true is living prof why I support abortion!

So who made God?

Dear frigidweirdo

However the point I'm making is that the universe could just exist, and those who say that God must exist to have created the universe, are at the same time saying that God just exists.

So, the idea that someone created God is the same as the idea that someone created the universe.

You can't separate these two ideas from each other. They're the same reasoning. The acceptance that something could just exist without having been created.

So if God could exist without being created, then the universe also could have existed without being created.
That's the reason the Torah starts with the phrase, "In the beginning".
You think God did not for see the Aristotelians?

Anu?

Chaos?

God?

So what?

Egypt and Moses!

I am saying we are the creature of the story!

Come on Rabbi make it harder for me, and call me what you want to call me!

Chaos is God and the people of that day adapted many religions from Sumerian, Babylonian, and Greek, and even Egyptian...

The stories are guidelines to teach us from right from wrong and are not literal and if anyone believe these stories are true is living prof why I support abortion!

You are correct concerning guidelines.
When I meet an original Sumerian, Babylonian, Greek, or even Egyptian, I'll ask them.

So who made God?

Dear frigidweirdo

That's the reason the Torah starts with the phrase, "In the beginning".
You think God did not for see the Aristotelians?

God is Anu in Sumerian !

So what?

Egypt and Moses!

I am saying we are the creature of the story!

Come on Rabbi make it harder for me, and call me what you want to call me!
Oh, I harbor no bad feelings.
You just know nothing about the issue you are discussing.
It's like today's headlines...200 newspaper will report the same event 200 ways.
The same with the descendants of Noah...they each wrote their own history.
Except none of them are around anymore except for the Jews.

Forum List

Back