If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

is it immoral to try to qualify for one of these?
2up4s1t.jpg

Jesus, Yahweh to some, said he came to serve us and not to have us serve him. That is what I describe as unconditional love.

Yahweh, on the other hand, seems to put a condition of us serving him on his love. If we do not love Yahweh, off to hell we go.

I call that a condition to his love, which is negated when he tortures us in hell, then kills us in hell’s second death.

This appears to be a huge contradiction in the Christian ideology.

Is Yahweh’s love unconditional to you, or is our having to love him back and serve him a condition?

Am I bound for hell because I cannot love or serve a genocidal demiurge like Jesus or Yahweh?

Is Jesus showing unconditional love for us when he kills us instead of curing us?

Regards
DL

God has shown He does not love unconditionally. In fact all of his love is 100% conditional and if you don't comply with all his conditions He will smite you.

Jesus, Yahweh to some, said he came to serve us and not to have us serve him. That is what I describe as unconditional love.

Yahweh, on the other hand, seems to put a condition of us serving him on his love. If we do not love Yahweh, off to hell we go.

I call that a condition to his love, which is negated when he tortures us in hell, then kills us in hell’s second death.

Is Yahweh’s love unconditional to you, or is our having to love him back and serve him a condition?

Am I bound for hell because I cannot love or serve a genocidal demiurge like Jesus or Yahweh?

Is Jesus showing unconditional love for us when he kills us instead of curing us?

Regards
DL

God has shown He does not love unconditionally. In fact all of his love is 100% conditional and if you don't comply with all his conditions He will smite you.

Has God shown that? How so?

Regards
DL

How many people has he killed for disobeying him?

Regards
DL

You tell me? I didn’t think you thought God existed?

Regards
DL

He doesn't but the bible tells you how many times he killed people for disobeying him

You do believe the bible is truth don't you?

Regards
DL

He doesn't but the bible tells you how many times he killed people for disobeying him

Men wrote the Bible. Which passage are you referring to exactly? The Flood? Some ancient battle?

But just so we are clear you don’t believe God killed anyone, right? Your argument is really more about the veracity of the Bible, right?

So why don’t you just say that in the future and save us all some time?

Men wrote the Bible. Which passage are you referring to exactly? The Flood? Some ancient battle?

But just so we are clear you don’t believe God killed anyone, right? Your argument is really more about the veracity of the Bible, right?

So you don't think the bible is the "word of god" but was written by men like a fairy tale?

So you don't think the bible is the "word of god" but was written by men like a fairy tale?
Fairytale? No. More like how ancient man recorded historical events and passed down wisdom.

Inspired by God but given great latitude to put it into their own words. It’s not like God spoke words to them or anything.

But if you want to dismiss the evidence for a creator of existence because you read the Bible like it was written yesterday, go for it.

Fairytale? No. More like how ancient man recorded historical events and passed down wisdom.

Inspired by God but given great latitude to put it into their own words. It’s not like God spoke words to them or anything.

But if you want to dismiss the evidence for a creator of existence because you read the Bible like it was written yesterday, go for it.

Oh I dismissed the "creator" a long time ago.

So now the bible isn't the word of god but it was inspired by god and god allowed the writing to include exaggeration fictionalization

Oh I dismissed the "creator" a long time ago.

So now the bible isn't the word of god but it was inspired by god and god allowed the writing to include exaggeration fictionalization
Why did you dismiss the creator a long time ago? What was your reason?

And what would it matter to you if the Bible was the word of God or merely inspired by God?

I see. So because you can't reconcile what was written in the Bible you choose to believe there is no creator?

Because I can't reconcile what was written in the Bible, I can't consider it to be valid evidence that there is a god. I see no valid evidence elsewhere.
So because of the Bible you can’t believe there is a God.

You don’t think that sounds stupid?

Nope. It was easy as long as I believed I had the inerrant word of god to back up my religious beliefs, even if I did have to skip over some parts or twist others to match what I had been taught. Upon realizing the Bible isn't the inerrant word of god, and failing to find any other document or source to support my long held beliefs, I had questions. The standard answer to those questions always seems to be "you just gotta believe it". Well no. If you have something more than that to offer, I would be happy to hear it. What you got?
What part of God’s existence isn’t found in the Bible did you not understand?

The bible is not a reliable source for real information. Of course it espouses many universal truths, and is a profound example of ancient literature, but there are way too many contradictions to take it literally. and even the figurative passages are too wide ranging as to preclude a coherent philosophy. As I said, without the Bible to buttress belief in Christianity, there is no reason to think Christianity is any different than all the hundreds of other religions.

Because I can't reconcile what was written in the Bible, I can't consider it to be valid evidence that there is a god. I see no valid evidence elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
So because of the Bible you can’t believe there is a God.

You don’t think that sounds stupid?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It was easy as long as I believed I had the inerrant word of god to back up my religious beliefs, even if I did have to skip over some parts or twist others to match what I had been taught. Upon realizing the Bible isn't the inerrant word of god, and failing to find any other document or source to support my long held beliefs, I had questions. The standard answer to those questions always seems to be "you just gotta believe it". Well no. If you have something more than that to offer, I would be happy to hear it. What you got?[/QUOTE]
What part of God’s existence isn’t found in the Bible did you not understand?[/QUOTE]

The bible is not a reliable source for real information. Of course it espouses many universal truths, and is a profound example of ancient literature, but there are way too many contradictions to take it literally. and even the figurative passages are too wide ranging as to preclude a coherent philosophy. As I said, without the Bible to buttress belief in Christianity, there is no reason to think Christianity is any different than all the hundreds of other religions.[/QUOTE]

Bulldog,

You wrote, "but there are too many contradictions to take it (the Bible) literally and even the figurative passages are too wide ranging (I read inconsistent) as to preclude a coherent philosophy."

To say I disagree would be an understatement. I'm willing to put my sweat equity where my mouth is. If you want to work through the quantity of contradictions that invalidate the Bible, I'd be happy to defend the Bible.

I'm not interested in a cut and paste reiteration of the crack pot posts on this subject the infect the internet. I'm interested in your thoughts and questions. I'll start a new thread in the Religion\Ethics section of the board. Your move.

Forum List

Back