If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and just, then why do ignorant kids suffer?

Thomas Paine displays nicely why God is unjust in his Age of Reason.

Why did God wage war against the newborn and suckling?

We all die for our sins that was committed and inherited.

But God did come as a man and sacrficed his own earthly life so he did not have to do it again until judgement day.

He will do it one more time and it will happen no more.

Just out of my own curiosity not to justify but are you pro choice or pro life ?

This is the dumbest story I have ever heard. If he is all powerful, he doesn't need to do any of this. He can forgive anybody he wants. He doesn't have to send anyone to hell. The Devil has no control over his earth, over his people. there are so many inconsistencies within the story itself. I don't know how anybody can believe it. Truly. It's it so stupid. Who cares that he died on a cross? What does that mean for me? I don't care. If God wants to forgive me, it shouldn't be because I believe on his son. That doesn't mean anything of importance, other than I heard a story about how I should, and if I did, I would be saved. Jesus wasn't real. He was a borrowed mythological figure which is an astrological allegory to the sun, moon, and stars, the winter solstice, and all that... all ancient relgiions were obsessed with astronomy and astrology, and Jesus was no different. He is a pagan sun god.

I ask how there can be suffering on Earth if there is an all-powerful, all-knowing, and just God....

C'mon. I think we know you've already answered that question, eh?

Who constitutes "we"?

I doubt that a God can be all-powerful, all-knowing, and just at the same time. Yet, I am not confident in my opinion. I am still looking for a logical and convincing answer and/or explanation. As I see it, either I have a faulty premise or such a God can't exist.

There isn't a logical or convincing explanation. Christianity is not real. It is something Humans use because it is easy. That is the only real explanation. All you have to do is believe on Jesus, and You're Saved! Hallelujah! It's fucking retarded. We are simple minded creatures who can't handle uncertainty, and form beliefs to help make the world and universe feel safer. Christianity gives people that warm tingly feeling on the inside, so they assume it is real. That is their only 'evidence.' It makes them feel better about themselves. That is probably because it brings them together, and we are a social species, so it feels good.

But God did come as a man and sacrficed his own earthly life so he did not have to do it again until judgement day.

Just out of my own curiosity not to justify but are you pro choice or pro life ?

This is the dumbest story I have ever heard. If he is all powerful, he doesn't need to do any of this. He can forgive anybody he wants. He doesn't have to send anyone to hell. The Devil has no control over his earth, over his people. there are so many inconsistencies within the story itself. I don't know how anybody can believe it. Truly. It's it so stupid. Who cares that he died on a cross? What does that mean for me? I don't care. If God wants to forgive me, it shouldn't be because I believe on his son. That doesn't mean anything of importance, other than I heard a story about how I should, and if I did, I would be saved. Jesus wasn't real. He was a borrowed mythological figure which is an astrological allegory to the sun, moon, and stars, the winter solstice, and all that... all ancient relgiions were obsessed with astronomy and astrology, and Jesus was no different. He is a pagan sun god.

Not everyone repents now do they.

That was everyones atonement for sin but we still sin and we die because we sin.

Man had a choice when he was perfect.

Gen 2:17 but you shall not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

Last edited:

Who constitutes "we"?

I doubt that a God can be all-powerful, all-knowing, and just at the same time. Yet, I am not confident in my opinion. I am still looking for a logical and convincing answer and/or explanation. As I see it, either I have a faulty premise or such a God can't exist.

There isn't a logical or convincing explanation. Christianity is not real. It is something Humans use because it is easy. That is the only real explanation. All you have to do is believe on Jesus, and You're Saved! Hallelujah! It's fucking retarded. We are simple minded creatures who can't handle uncertainty, and form beliefs to help make the world and universe feel safer. Christianity gives people that warm tingly feeling on the inside, so they assume it is real. That is their only 'evidence.' It makes them feel better about themselves. That is probably because it brings them together, and we are a social species, so it feels good.

Oh boy another intelligent person bites the dust.

Who constitutes "we"?

Why all the hate and contempt for something that does not exist ?

Are you trying to convince yourself ?

Why does god kill man?

The brutality. I thought god was ever knowing.

I know. Christians love their injustice.

God kills more babies via still born deaths and abortion related accidents. God love abortion.

Chew on that.

Last edited:

Why does god kill man?

The brutality. I thought god was ever knowing.

I know. Christians love their injustice.

God kills more babies via still born deaths and abortion related accidents. God love abortion.

Chew on that.

Sin.

All knowing yes.

Wrong,if man puts criminals to death are they unjust ?

Bad genetics unfortunately,and i figured you were pro choice,nice. :eusa_hand:

Antiderivative, et al,

Your question presupposes that some "Supreme Being" created "sin."

Why did God create sin?
(COMMENT)

What is the the basis for this supposition? Why can it not be the case that morality and law (thus the inverse "sin") are not human constructs to maximize survival?

Most Respectfully,
R

Antiderivative, et al,

Your question presupposes that some "Supreme Being" created "sin."

Why did God create sin?
(COMMENT)

What is the the basis for this supposition? Why can it not be the case that morality and law (thus the inverse "sin") are not human constructs to maximize survival?

Most Respectfully,
R

I don't believe in a supreme ruler. My questions was aimed at the religionists.

Who constitutes "we"?

It doesn't matter that it does not exist. The beliefs exist in people, and causes them to act in less than gracious ways.

Who constitutes "we"?

Oh boy another intelligent person bites the dust.

Please, don't talk about intelligence with me.

Anything that has a beginning can be destroyed foolish child.
And thusly you confirm that energy has no beginning since it has been proven that it can't be destroyed.
Thank you.

No, what i confirmed was only God had no beginning :lol:
No you pontificated that God has no beginning. Unlike energy whose existence can be confirmed, the existence of your God can't be confirmed let alone that unproven existence having no beginning.

Edthecynic, I have been answering your questions when are you gonna start answering mine ? you're falling way behind.
Baloney! You've answered nothing, all you've done is pontificate.

For example, when you pontificated that it couldn't be proven that energy always existed, I informed you of the repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule that proved that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, you pontificated that energy can be destroyed.

So I ask you, what's the point of my pointing out any other scientific misunderstandings you have? It certainly won't lead you to question the honesty of those who fed you the misinformation!

Are you still amazed that men that supposedly wrote the bible knew man was made up of elements of the earth ?

You have to admit that is a pretty strong arguement for God and creation.
It is only a strong argument that they saw a corpse rot! Nothing amazing about that.

No you pontificated that God has no beginning. Unlike energy whose existence can be confirmed, the existence of your God can't be confirmed let alone that unproven existence having no beginning.

Dear Ed: are you okay with this explanation of a finite perception of God within an infinite universe or God or truth that is not definable or conceivable:

(note this is similar to how a certain rule could be applied to all numbers to infinity, but the rule itself is written using finite variables, such as X plus X = 2 X being a finitely expressed rule but this rule can be applied to infinite sets of numbers beyond it)

What if we are living in an infinite universe or an existence within an infinite continuum of truth, without a beginning or end, and this is equated with what God is in full.

But since we as finite humans cannot conceive of or define an infinite God or truth,
then we introduce a set of rules or variables "within" that which "represents" the relationship between humanity and the whole. and also this same set of rules or patterns repeats on other levels, such as between the individual and humanity, or even within the individual between body mind and spirit.

Even though we cannot know the infinite level of God and universal truth,
what if we can understand the microcosmic models and still arrive at an understanding
of this on a "relative" scale.

Are you okay with using systems as "relative" models to express the greater truths?

Some other notes:
1. I find instead of one single equation, it is more like a system of equations for describing the relations between levels.
2. I find the same basic patterns of three levels repeating in all systems of religions or laws, so that by comparison, I can see both the similarities and the differences between systems by "aligning" the different values that each one assigns to the same 3 levels.
I think I gave examples before
Christianity has God Christ Holy Spirit
Buddhism has Buddha Dharma Sangha
Constitutional laws have Judicial Legislative Executive
Psychology has Superego Ego Id or Spirit Mind Body
In each system there is something that stands for the individual or physical level,
something that stands for the highest abstract or collective level or spiritual level,
and something that joins these two such as the level of conscience or laws that influence or integrate both the other two levels. Or some variation of that theme.

Whatever the relationship is between these levels, it reflects the connection between human nature and whatever you call God whether universal truth/love/life.

3. Again, by aligning the levels and comparing the values assigned, then common truth can be established across different systems, whether secular or religious, and arrive at a greater understanding of the whole, by comparing the parts.

so it is very possible to have both the infinite God or truth or universe on one hand,
and also the finite systems of expression on the other, and these can be in harmony.
Both with themselves and also in relation to other systems even though these differ widely.

,if man puts criminals to death are they unjust ?
A better question is, if man punishes an innocent for the evil deeds of the criminal, is he just?

Dear Ed: What if justice in the world works this way, would you be at peace with this:

Since humanity has a conscience, and we remember and learn from experience and history, unresolved issues are carried from one generation to the next until they are resolved; both the good and the bad are passed down, where we can equally inherit benefits and build on those for the next generation to come.

So if some problem goes unresolved, it can escalate and affect innocent people who were not the original cause. We see this all the time with wars from past conflicts killing innocent civilians in a form of collective punishment just for living in a certain nation at war; or innocent bystanders killed by bombs or drunk driving because of someone else's issue that is not their responsibility.

So if there is a collective conscience, and until problems are solved they become someone else's or they get worse and worse until people get motivated to identify and resolve the root cause, what if THAT is the reason for all the suffering. What if all this leads to FINALLY breaking the cycle of suffering and disease and war, all social ills.

If in the end, humanity gains peace, benefits from all the past mistakes or tragedies AND INJUSTICE EQUALLY along with the progress made for future gain, and all that was just due to the human learning curve, however painful and costly,

then would you be able to forgive this tremendous cost, and be at peace knowing at the end, both the positive and negative consequences led to PERMANENT solutions and prevention of the ills that otherwise occurred in the past.

As much as we hate collective punishment and injustices suffering by innocent people,
if that was just the cost of the human learning curve until we prevent such tragedy,
would you be at peace. Would you be able to forgive if that is just reality.

,if man puts criminals to death are they unjust ?
A better question is, if man punishes an innocent for the evil deeds of the criminal, is he just?

No,man does not have the right to take a life of anyone who is innocent of our laws but you're trying to compare finite humans to an infinite God full of wisdom. I read an article trying to reason out why God would pass judgement on a whole community i'll post it in a second.

In the eyes of man a child can be innocent,in the eyes of God no humans are innocent of sin. The only way one can be innocent is by accepting the atonement of Christ.

God had plans and sometimes required passing judgement on the enemy and their destruction was ordered.

Why would God order the destruction of men, women, and children?

"Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt. 3 ‘Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey,” (1 Samuel 15:2-3).

The Amalekites, who were descendents of Esau, had been longtime enemies of Israel. They fought against Israel at Rephidim (Exodus 17:8). Apparently, they "entertained a deep-seated grudge against them, especially as the rapid prosperity and marvelous experience of Israel showed that the blessing contained in the birthright [Jacob and Esau] was taking effect."1 They were a constant threat to Israel. Therefore, God said to Moses in Exodus 17:14 “Write this in a book as a memorial, and recite it to Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.”

God lawfully has the right to execute judgment upon anyone. The Bible says that all people have sinned against God and are under his righteous judgment. Therefore, their execution is not an arbitrary killing nor is it murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Killing is the lawful taking of life. For example, we can lawfully take a life in defense of our selves, our families, our nations, etc.

When God authorizes the nation of Israel to wipe out a people, it is a lawful execution due to their rebellion and sin against God. Furthermore, such an extermination can be seen to be merciful by delivering the young into the hands of the Lord and possibly saving their souls by not giving them time to become "utterly sinful".2 Additionally, further generations that would have arisen from the perverse culture, are likewise prevented from coming into existence and spreading their sin.

Finally, one of the reasons that the Lord is so strong in the Old Testament and orders the killing of people is to ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact. The enemy, Satan, began his attempt to destroy God's people in the Garden of Eden, by also trying to corrupt the world (which led to Noah's Flood), by trying to destroy Israel with attacking armies, and by encouraging Israel to fall into idolatry by exposure to other cultures as well as intermarrying women from those cultures. The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through. The Messiah, Jesus, would be the one who would die for the sins of the world and without that death there would be no atonement. Without the atonement, all people would be lost. So, God was ensuring the arrival of the Messiah via the destruction of the ungodly.

Source- Why would God order the destruction of men, women, and children? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

It doesn't matter that it does not exist. The beliefs exist in people, and causes them to act in less than gracious ways.

If you don't believe something exist why would you be angered by the thing that does not exist according to your view ?

A lot of our views are based on faith whether we can prove it or not.

Jesus had to exist he gave a prophecy concerning the destruction of the temple and Israel 70 years before it happened the writing of the prophecy was done some 40 years before it happened.

Forum List

Back