“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

If you have a belief, and, the text you use (e.g. the Bible) sets out Godly standards and principles, and, if you turn you life over to God and vow to live a more Christ-like life (using my belief system as an example) there is not room for difference of opinion because God's word is the final word. Above and beyond any man-made, secular rule, law or belief.

ISIS feels the same way

True, but Christians are not asked to kill anyone. Remember, Grace and Truth.....
.... that does not include chopping people's heads off .... also, relationship with God is a personal calling, not something you demand of someone....

But in the OT they are . . . That's another thing. A lot of Christians want to completely ignore the OT. They say they only follow the NT. Well, are you saying that God was mistaken in the OT? What's up with that? :)
The OT is a Jew book. That's why some don't follow it.

But it is part of their Bible. Why include it at all?
They couldn't come up with enough bullshit themselves.

Well then, you believing in stoning and sacrifice, things like that? How do you explain the silly stories?

I'm sure I could do a quick Google search on it and give you some answers (you deserve them these are good questions) - but, I'm not feeling my best today and the answers are not coming me. So, my apologies.

Oh, so you preach from your internet pulpit, not really knowing what you are talking about. Gotcha. ;)

I know some things but not everything.

What do you know though, really? You don't KNOW anything. You just think you do because of what you read in a book written by ignorant and superstitious men thousands of years ago.

I know because it is real to me. What God has done in my life.

Many people who do worship God do NOT have good lives. I suppose God is "testing" their faith while he tortures them here on earth? That is a GOD that I don't want ANY part of. If there is a God, I certainly do not believe in your version of the hateful, vengeful and selfish God as portrayed in your silly books.

Matthew 10:34-35

34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…

If you have a belief, and, the text you use (e.g. the Bible) sets out Godly standards and principles, and, if you turn you life over to God and vow to live a more Christ-like life (using my belief system as an example) there is not room for difference of opinion because God's word is the final word. Above and beyond any man-made, secular rule, law or belief.

ISIS feels the same way

True, but Christians are not asked to kill anyone. Remember, Grace and Truth.....
.... that does not include chopping people's heads off .... also, relationship with God is a personal calling, not something you demand of someone....

But in the OT they are . . . That's another thing. A lot of Christians want to completely ignore the OT. They say they only follow the NT. Well, are you saying that God was mistaken in the OT? What's up with that? :)
The OT is a Jew book. That's why some don't follow it.

I'm not sure which branches of Christianity ignore the OT. Again, I don't know everything....
You don't even know how Noah got polar bears from the arctic and back again.

I've heard of a few who reject the Revelations part of the Bible too. It seems that some religious people follow the religious laws and customs that they like and ignore the ones they don't like. :D Lol.

I mean, are the words in the OT, the words of GOD, or what?

People love to create their own rules so they can live anyway they want, or at least, justify it.
Have their cake and eat it too.

Turning your life over to God/Christ and living for Him is a big sacrifice, one most people are NOT willing to make.
Kinda like the bible?

I'm sure I could do a quick Google search on it and give you some answers (you deserve them these are good questions) - but, I'm not feeling my best today and the answers are not coming me. So, my apologies.

Oh, so you preach from your internet pulpit, not really knowing what you are talking about. Gotcha. ;)

What do you know though, really? You don't KNOW anything. You just think you do because of what you read in a book written by ignorant and superstitious men thousands of years ago.

Many people who do worship God do NOT have good lives. I suppose God is "testing" their faith while he tortures them here on earth? That is a GOD that I don't want ANY part of. If there is a God, I certainly do not believe in your version of the hateful, vengeful and selfish God as portrayed in your silly books.

This life on Earth is like a millisecond seconds of your eternal life.
If you think the 30+ years on this Earth is all you have, I understand.
But for a Christian, sacrificing "enjoyment and pleasure" on Earth is your responsibility as a Christian, and you will find peace and comfort in doing it for God your Eternal Father.

Matthew 10:34-35

34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…

Yup, more silly bullshit. ;)

Jesus said that. You have the choice to feel that way and not believe it. I never said otherwise.

But for a Christian, sacrificing "enjoyment and pleasure" on Earth is your responsibility as a Christian, and you will find peace and comfort in doing it for God your Eternal Father.
You realize that when we die, we're all going to the same place regardless of what books we read, don't you?

Well, let me just say that you are certainly not the epitome of a "good Christian." You sit here and preach to others while you do not practice it your own self. You have given me absolutely NO examples of what makes you any better or any more "Godly" than anyone else. None. Not only that, but you admit that you really do not know what you are talking about. IOW, everything you say here is based on what you have read in your silly book written by ignorant uneducated people who did not understand the world around them, and so habitually blamed things on "gods" thousands of years ago. I would suggest that you take heed of this little saying, "she who lives in a glass house should not throw stones."

What? What has God done in your life? Explain please.

He saved me.... when I didn't deserve it.

I've heard of a few who reject the Revelations part of the Bible too. It seems that some religious people follow the religious laws and customs that they like and ignore the ones they don't like. :D Lol.

I mean, are the words in the OT, the words of GOD, or what?

People love to create their own rules so they can live anyway they want, or at least, justify it.
Have their cake and eat it too.
Turning your life over to God/Christ and living for Him is a big sacrifice, one most people are NOT willing to make.

Well, Heaven is going to be short a few souls, eh? When that great war takes place between Satan and God and Hell has more people, who will win? :D

Many people believe in false doctrines and are deceived That is prophesied and give as a warning throughout the Bible.

And maybe, if there is a God, he was a practical joker. Maybe he set up a false religion, ie Christianity, riddled the book with things about false prophesies and then had a might giggle at what he'd just done.

Who's to say Christianity isn't a false prophesy?

People in this world believe all kinds of different things....
I can only state what I believe.
Your spiritual life is a very personal thing

Sure they do. Some people believe whatever they have been told. Others believe only what they know. Others get told what to believe and then fight with everything they've got not to be disproved because what would it mean if they were wrong? They might think themselves stupid for having been taken in so easily. For example.

He saved you HOW? If you are going to make such outrageous claims, then you should be able to explain.

I remember learning about how the myth of giants came to be. Some ancient people found dinosaur bones. Of course, since they were uneducated and didn't know any better, they immediately thought these must be the bones of giants. Just an example of how things were attributed to the "supernatural" when there was actually a logical explanation.

He saved you HOW? If you are going to make such outrageous claims, then you should be able to explain.

I have been promised a life more abundant (not meaning $ and things) but more full of purpose and meaning. I recognized that God is the reason I am here... and I owe him my life .... not only because he is God, but, because it's good for me, God loves me and wants what is best for me - and he has you here for a purpose. To be honest, I'm not even sure what that purpose is, but, I know it's true just like I know my own name. It's hard to explain, because it's an inward change. People that know me and are around me face to face see it. Explaining it on a message board to strangers is a bit more difficult, admittedly.

I have been promised a life more abundant (not meaning $ and things) but more full of purpose and meaning. I recognized that God is the reason I am here... and I owe him my life .... not only because he is God, but, because it's good for me, God loves me and wants what is best for me - and he has you here for a purpose. To be honest, I'm not even sure what that purpose is, but, I know it's true just like I know my own name. It's hard to explain, because it's an inward change. People that know me and are around me face to face see it. Explaining it on a message board to strangers is a bit more difficult, admittedly.

And this is your explanation that is supposed to be moving? I think you need to work on it and your presentation. Not very convincing, sorry.

Anyway, I know some good Christians. They spread by the word by setting a good example. They concentrate more on giving and making others happy, rather than condemning and preaching from a pulpit. When you witness a person who TRULY is a good and loving person and see their happiness shining through, THAT is the kind of thing that what would make people want to become a "Christian." All of your condemning and preaching is nothing but a turn off, not to mention HIGHLY hypocritical when you admit to not following the rules yourself.

And this is your explanation that is supposed to be moving? I think you need to work on it and your presentation. Not very convincing, sorry.

Anyway, I know some good Christians. They spread by the word by setting a good example. They concentrate more on giving and making others happy, rather than condemning and preaching from a pulpit. When you witness a person who TRULY is a good and loving person and see their happiness shining through, THAT is the kind of thing that what would make people want to become a "Christian." All of your condemning and preaching is nothing but a turn off, not to mention HIGHLY hypocritical when you admit to not following the rules yourself.

God uses many people for reproof even non-believers. I value your opinion.

post-528-0-33539900-1431478650.jpg

Forum List

Back