If God came to you...

Thanks Joe...

But the OP states quite clearly that all of your questions were answered... and answered in such a way that you could no longer deny that God was everything he had been described... what's more you asked every question your mind could conjure until you were simply unable to sustain any further doubt...

So your question would have been answered... all of the questions which the board has advanced would have been answered and answered to your satisfaction, in total, with not hedging, no spinning, no disembling... leaving, no doubt.

I'd ask that those who have answered through the posing of a question to return to the OP and re-read it; see that the scenario has you having asked every potential question you ever had of God; you've asked them all... an they've all been answered; every concievable demonstration and more has been presented to you... there is absolutely no doubt that the person standing before you is God who has taken human form to simply provide you with the means to comfortably participate in this scenario.

O.k. Publius, the premise I took from the original post is that all of my questions were answered concerning and proving who it was I was talking to, and armed with that knowledge and confirmation in my own mind, you asked what I would do, knowing that I had an exclusive audience with the God described in The Bible.

What I would do is ask him to explain one thing about His creation. One little old question concerning the history of the planet he put me on....

God-dude... Why did you allow so much suffering, slavery and genocide for personal profit at the hands of Western Civilization... the very people you chose to reveal to yourself to and commissioned to bring the rest of the inhabitants of this planet into a knowledge of your 'love'?

Answer me that one Publidude, and you will convert me.

-Joe

"If there is a God of this world and he loves us; I should not like to be him, as the suffering that is its history would surely break my heart."
-Penniless European Philosopher, circa 1800's

O.k. Publius, the premise I took from the original post is that all of my questions were answered concerning and proving who it was I was talking to, and armed with that knowledge and confirmation in my own mind, you asked what I would do, knowing that I had an exclusive audience with the God described in The Bible.

What I would do is ask him to explain one thing about His creation. One little old question concerning the history of the planet he put me on....

Well then you apparently didn't ask many questions, meaning it didn't take much to convince you that he was indeed God. It shows great faith.

I suggest that you pray on it and ask that God clear your mind of your prejudices, pray for him to share his perspective regarding your concern. If you're truly in search of the answer to that question... you'll find it through asking in prayer.

FYI: I am not God, so I can't give you an answer, except to qualify it as my opinion.

We each choose our own path... You've chosen to focus, to obsess on this query... I suspect at some point you'll look back upon your life and realize that you chose to let this question mire you in the rage and dispair that comes with it. You're searching for an answer to a question which to me is very simple: #1People are inherently BAD! They SCREW IT UP EVERY DAY!

When you place your aspirations for happiness on people, Joe; particularly people who screwed up 100 years before you were born... YOU'RE SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR LONG TERM MISERY.

God did no create humanity in the design of sychophants... we're not robots programmed to love and adore God. I'm sure you've heard the expression "No one likes a Kiss ass..." I think that's one of the universal truths... Because even people who need to have their ego's stroked by a kiss ass; they don't really respect a kiss ass; and I doubt God much cares for it either. So it serves reason Joe that humanity was created to THINK and endowed by God with unalienable rights and with those rights came sacred responsibilities... to not infringe upon another's right as you exercise your own.

Now Joe... I know you want to discuss how the Europeans came here and CRUSHED your peoples means to exercise their rights... Please refer to Item #1...

I would point out Joe, that at this moment, you're free to do what ever it is ya have the means to do. And it looks to me, that you've chosen to obsess on what happened a century ago.

Those people chose to do what they did, repsectively. And all of those INDIVIDUAL and COLLECTIVE decisions summed to your reality in your life, today. That's it buddy... God gave each of us the life to live as we would and the right to do so... a right which comes with the individual responsibility to live without harming others and their rights. He, like your parents wants us to figure it out for ourselves, with his guidance when we ask for it... and it is in THAT, where we DO figure it out that God has provided us this wonderful opportunity and thnk him for it, truly appreciating what he has done, accepting responsibility for our own decisions, I think, using my experience as a parent and a child, that THAT is where God finds joy; that is the purpose for our lives; as that is where WE find joy. Inner and outer dimensions Joe... they're all tied together.

Last edited:
so, youre basically asking what we would do if God provided indisputable evidence that he existed? i guess i dont really see the point of this. its like asking if you knew for a fact there was heaven or hell, would you act in a way to send yourself to heaven? obviously you would.

Thanks Joe...

But the OP states quite clearly that all of your questions were answered... and answered in such a way that you could no longer deny that God was everything he had been described... what's more you asked every question your mind could conjure until you were simply unable to sustain any further doubt...

So your question would have been answered... all of the questions which the board has advanced would have been answered and answered to your satisfaction, in total, with not hedging, no spinning, no disembling... leaving, no doubt.

I'd ask that those who have answered through the posing of a question to return to the OP and re-read it; see that the scenario has you having asked every potential question you ever had of God; you've asked them all... an they've all been answered; every concievable demonstration and more has been presented to you... there is absolutely no doubt that the person standing before you is God who has taken human form to simply provide you with the means to comfortably participate in this scenario.

What is the point of the OP? The answer to the question of what people would do (at least most people) seems rather obvious to me.

so, youre basically asking what we would do if God provided indisputable evidence that he existed? i guess i dont really see the point of this. its like asking if you knew for a fact there was heaven or hell, would you act in a way to send yourself to heaven? obviously you would.

Duh.

You've not been told what you'd do... the scenario simply establishes that for the purposes of advancing the premise, that you agreed to the participate in the experience immediately, without calling a witness...
You tell me that I agree to the condition, being that I could not call a witness, and that's not telling me what I'd do? It looks to me like your telling me I agree to no witnesses. I mean, that's what it really looks like.

That caveat merely simplifies the scenario, wherein the reader is forced to consider their response... as an individual; it limits the means of the reader to obfuscate their potential reaction.
I could consider this fair. What obfuscation are you really trying to avoid? Verification of observations?

Its worth noting that your reaction is to call a witness... to demand that a another be present, indicating that you aren't quite confident in your own judgment; that you doubt your own senses and need to validate that which you experience through the common experiences of others...
Well, as it turns out Cupcake, despite the disinformation you're so fond of spreading regarding me, I have no need to believe that I am the highest level of intelligence in the universe. I don't doubt the least my own senses, I doubt my understanding, and the completeness, of the data my senses are bringing me. The experience of others brings more data, and Cupcake, experience and insight appurtenant to it that I don't claim to have.

But let's assume the scenario with a witness, . . .
And what? Obfuscate my potential reaction?

. . . because LOki... it's not enough for you that the Creator of the Universe has come to your presence and taken human form to satisfy your personal doubt...
Well, you're finally right. If this creator of the universe is everything you appear to be demanding she is, then she really can't claim that this visit, or my questions, or my requirements for validation, are some kind of inconvenience.

I can see that in your opinion, YOU ARE SPECIAL... VERY special indeed.
Your delusion is certainly flattering.

So you're granted a witness... Who would it be?
It could be just about anyone I could reasonably consider to be rational and objective.

Please respond specifically . . .
You give me good reason to name names and I'll consider this request.

. . . and then assume the balance of the scenario... wherein you and your witness are given all the time to ask all of the questions your individual and collective minds can ask and that each of those questions are answered to your individual and collective satisfaction, conclusively proving to each and both of you, that God exists... and he exists as he has been described throughout your life; the God described in The Bible.
Oh, this is all of what you're getting at? The God described in The Bible. The precise God described in The Bible. That I should accept that the God described in The Bible actually exists? Yes? Fine.

I'll stipulate, for the purposes of advancing the premise, that it has been proven beyond doubt that the God described in The Bible actually exists.

Convert
Of course, I would convert. What is the point of this thread?
What is the point of the OP? The answer to the question of what people would do (at least most people) seems rather obvious to me.
HOLY FUCK!

What do you DO?
I would declare that I am an enemy to that evil, tyrannical bastard god of torture and human suffering, and I'd do my level best to destroy that vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty prick.

Last edited:
If you wouldn't convert you are an idiot plain and simple. If he proved he was the God of the bible then anything short of conversion would mean eternal damnation. As far as God of torture and human suffering, how many time have you seen God torture someone?

As far as God of torture and human suffering, how many time have you seen God torture someone?

Assuming that God exists, many times by default and for apparently no logical reason at all. From little innocent children starving in Sudan to Hurricane Katrina practically wiping out south western Louisiana.

Assuming that God exists, many times by default and for apparently no logical reason at all. From little innocent children starving in Sudan to Hurricane Katrina practically wiping out south western Louisiana.

So you admit you are equally responsible considering you haven't stopped it either and well, we can prove your here.

So you admit you are equally responsible considering you haven't stopped it either and well, we can prove your here.

That bad things happen to good people does not prove or disprove the existence of an apathetic God. Yet it does prove that a god with certain attribute can’t exist. For example: If God is all knowing (knows that a hurricane is coming or that a being called Satan will hurt good and bad people), all good (does not want bad things to happen to good people), and all powerful (can prevent bad things from happening to good people), then such a god can’t exist.

I can't control the weather. I am not all powerful.

Ho - Lee - SHIT! I've never heard a bigger toilet full of psychobabble in my LIFE! See... what I can't understand is if you're so capable of believing the shit you're spewing here about feeling oxygen bubbling through your veins, but yet GOD is a JOKE?! C'mon man... where do you get off? Are you the center of the universe? How can you compare your insignificant self and your... heart beat... to the answer to the creation of life and the universe? Good Lord man... who the fuck have you been listening to?

Dude, I have a heart beat. I can feel it easily. Have you felt or seen any creator? Do you have proof? I have proof, I can measure it using heart monitors, stethaloscopes, even my fingers.

Now, tell me one thing. Why is it so hard, if someone is completely still......to feel oxygen going into the walls of their lungs (not bubbling in the viens you dense moron) and then feel the blood flow through every part of the body. I dont have to tell you, all you have to do is read a fucking book to know that it is there and it is easily felt by anyone.

You mis-interpreted what I said as some type of special even. it is not, anyone can do it infact you are doing it right now, all you have to do is shut the fuck up, stop thinking about how small your penis is......and then let the blood flow. You "pale rider" racist fucking named mother fucker. Here is an idea, read a fucking book you moron. And no, not the book you have been reading since birth full of disproven fallacy, I mean a REAL book. You fucking anal bead. Dont forget, in leviticus.....abraham chopped off several thousand penis's himself.......just because you wish he chopped yours off too, does not make it okay to embarrass yourself in public by spewing the most closed minded, intentially mis-interpretations of a post I have ever heard.

PS. Nobody said god is a joke you illiterate fuck. Infact I said he probably does exist. What is a joke, is your fake raquet of a religion.

Last edited:
That bad things happen to good people does not prove or disprove the existence of an apathetic God. Yet it does prove that a god with certain attribute can’t exist. For example: If God is all knowing (knows that a hurricane is coming or that a being called Satan will hurt good and bad people), all good (does not want bad things to happen to good people), and all powerful (can prevent bad things from happening to good people), then such a god can’t exist.

I can't control the weather. I am not all powerful.

Retard.

What would you do?

Well, :lol:, since by construction I'm convinced, I would set about fufilling my specific purpose(s) (which I would have asked and learned all about) in whatever ways are most fitting (which I would have asked and learned all about). Can't really be any more specific, not having had that experience yet ;)

Oh, there's a distinct possibility that I'd piss myself, too.

The answers to all of your questions? That would make life incredibly boring don't you think?

I would prolly ask specifically about my purpose in life like Abelian said. I'd ask a few more random questions as well. And of course the all encompassing are there sock gnomes question would have to be asked, and are they related to underwear gnomes....

But I don't want to know the answers to everything. One of the best parts of life is the guesswork, the mystery.

Forum List

Back