If Garland wants a special prosecutor to investigate Trump, he needs to do it now.

The dems are going down so is the Biden crime family Wray Clapper and whoever else conspired to affect the elections... going all the way back to 2016....

The only people who affected the elections was Republicans who acted as though the election was a done deal before the first ballot was cast.

Trump has done his enemies a huge favor by putting off his announcement until the 14th. Once he officially announces, the optics of continuing the phony investigations would be unacceptable to all but the most severe TDS sufferer. Time to fish or cut bait.

Aappointing a special counsel right after Trump announces would look horrible. So would appointing one in the wake of a Biden blunder. Biden being Biden, we are always in the wake of a Biden blunder. .

If Garland appoints a special counsel now, the department can say that they didn’t know that Trump would be running, which Trump gave them leave to say, by teasing his announcement, but not making it.

It doesn’t work that way. Investigations don’t stop when a candidate announces. Otherwise every criminal in America would run for President.

The investigations and prosecutions will continue unabated. As well they should.

The only people who affected the elections was Republicans who acted as though the election was a done deal before the first ballot was cast.
39 days before the midterms the FBI raided Trump's home and we find out today that all Trump had were mementos from his time in office... but it smeared Trump and his endorsements.... that's just one example... want some more?....

39 days before the midterms the FBI raided Trump's home and we find out today that all Trump had were mementos from his time in office... but it smeared Trump and his endorsements.... that's just one example... want some more?....

No. You read that on a CT website my friend. That doesn’t make it true.

Read about the court filings.

If the Special Master decides the documents are not Protected by attorney client privilege. Trump plans to file the claim they were declassified for personal reasons.

Again. He is trying to do it after the fact. When he has no authority to actually do it.

All he is doing is dragging it out. Making it worse. See the case of Alex Jones for what happens when a Judge gets tired of people screwing with the system.

No. You read that on a CT website my friend. That doesn’t make it true.

Read about the court filings.

If the Special Master decides the documents are not Protected by attorney client privilege. Trump plans to file the claim they were declassified for personal reasons.

Again. He is trying to do it after the fact. When he has no authority to actually do it.

All he is doing is dragging it out. Making it worse. See the case of Alex Jones for what happens when a Judge gets tired of people screwing with the system.
Dude the case is dead.... its over... there wasn't anything top secret in Mar A Lago... you libs have a real problem keeping up with the news... stop reading fake news crap and do some research...

It doesn’t work that way. Investigations don’t stop when a candidate announces. Otherwise every criminal in America would run for President.

The investigations and prosecutions will continue unabated. As well they should.
Of course they will continue. So will the leaks of information negative to Trump which turns out to false. So will the stonewalling of congressional oversight.

Business as usual for another two years and three months.

Dude the case is dead.... its over... there wasn't anything top secret in Mar A Lago... you libs have a real problem keeping up with the news... stop reading fake news crap and do some research...

That isn’t even what your CT site said. It said that Trump didn’t take it for monetary reasons. It was driven by ego.

Nobody has said that the documents were not classified. Nobody but your idiots who are dumb enough to read that CT crap even claim it was declassified. Trump hasn’t even claimed it in court filings.

He'll claim that he did it while president, and it will be up to the Dems to prove he did not. Impossible.
What happened to Alex Jones?

How much money has he paid out?

Please be specific with links.

He'll claim that he did it while president, and it will be up to the Dems to prove he did not. Impossible.

Actually very easy. For it to be declassified The President has to tell someone. You are aware of FOIA aren’t you? The Freedom of Information Act?

The Government is required to make declassified documents available to the public. You can’t make them declassified and still unavailable.

That isn’t even what your CT site said. It said that Trump didn’t take it for monetary reasons. It was driven by ego.

Nobody has said that the documents were not classified. Nobody but your idiots who are dumb enough to read that CT crap even claim it was declassified. Trump hasn’t even claimed it in court filings.

Let me get this straight. You run on Biden being a failure on the economy and energy. And your first plan is to launch an investigation and not address what is destroying the nation according to your side? Go ahead. Hell remove him from office. Be my guest. Guess who is President next.

You idiots on the Right are determined to destroy the nation.

Actually very easy. For it to be declassified The President has to tell someone.
If I had a nickle for every time someone posted that statement, I'd be wealthy indeed.

If I had a nickle for every time I asked them to prove it and the did, I'd have zero nickles.
You are aware of FOIA aren’t you? The Freedom of Information Act?

The Government is required to make declassified documents available to the public. You can’t make them declassified and still unavailable.
Oh yes. They are required to do that.

They don't. They just don't, and there seems to be no way to force them.

Congressmen, tired if FBI stonewalling of their requests for non-classified information resorted to the FOIA, and got not further. Journalists don't either.

The FOIA is more ignored by government than those old laws about not beating your mule on Sunday and whatnot.

Did someone make a FOIA request for the documents that Trump had at Mar-a-Lago?

Let me get this straight. You run on Biden being a failure on the economy and energy. And your first plan is to launch an investigation and not address what is destroying the nation according to your side? Go ahead. Hell remove him from office. Be my guest. Guess who is President next.

You idiots on the Right are determined to destroy the nation.
You didn't even watch the video stupid... that's why your country is suffering because you chowder heads refuse to learn the truth....

If I had a nickle for every time someone posted that statement, I'd be wealthy indeed.

If I had a nickle for every time I asked them to prove it, I'd have zero nickles.

Oh yes. They are required to do that.

They don't. They just don't, and there seems to be no way to force them.

Congressmen, tired if FBI stonewalling of their requests for non-classified information resorted to the FOIA, and got not further. Journalists don't either.

The FOIA is more ignored by government than those old laws about not beating your mule on Sunday and whatnot.

Did someone make a FOIA request for the documents that Trump had at Mar-a-Lago?
And it was reported today that all Trump had were mementos of his presidency... nothing top secret.... of course that comes out after the midterms...

No it wasn’t.

Trump put maneuvered himself. Again.
Political is wrong... it was reported today on Fox With Friends that there is nothing out of the ordinary in the documents Trump had... it won't get to your news sources until they can't keep it from you any longer...

If I ever stop participating here it will be because the libs here are not up to speed with real news and debating with them is worthless...
They are misinformed on nearly every issue....

And it was reported today that all Trump had were mementos of his presidency... nothing top secret.... of course that comes out after the midterms...
My theory is that what the DOJ/FBI wanted were the files from Operation Crossfire Hurricane that Trump declassified in writing while president and kept a copy of.

Trump had every right have and to copy and release those. In fact, if a citizen had requested them right after Trump signed the declassification, it would have been against the law for Trump or anyone else to withold them.

So they are not at all classified, they're just things the DOJ/FBI doesn't want the nosy taxpayers to see.

No it wasn’t.

Trump put maneuvered himself. Again.

Forum List

Back