If Garland wants a special prosecutor to investigate Trump, he needs to do it now.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Trump has done his enemies a huge favor by putting off his announcement until the 14th. Once he officially announces, the optics of continuing the phony investigations would be unacceptable to all but the most severe TDS sufferer. Time to fish or cut bait.

Aappointing a special counsel right after Trump announces would look horrible. So would appointing one in the wake of a Biden blunder. Biden being Biden, we are always in the wake of a Biden blunder. .

If Garland appoints a special counsel now, the department can say that they didn’t know that Trump would be running, which Trump gave them leave to say, by teasing his announcement, but not making it.

Trump has done his enemies a huge favor by putting off his announcement until the 14th. Once he officially announces, the optics of continuing the phony investigations would be unacceptable to all but the most severe TDS sufferer. Time to fish or cut bait.

Aappointing a special counsel right after Trump announces would look horrible. So would appointing one in the wake of a Biden blunder. Biden being Biden, we are always in the wake of a Biden blunder. .

If Garland appoints a special counsel now, the department can say that they didn’t know that Trump would be running, which Trump gave them leave to say, by teasing his announcement, but not making it.
The goal was never to put Trump in jail

The goal has always been to destroy him in the media to win elections

That is all.

The problem that Garland and other libs have with actually persecuting Trump is our nation's traditions of open and public trials.

To actually bring the case to court would give President Trump a chance to speak and that's the last fucking thing they want.

That's why this fake "investigation" has continued and will continue indefinitely without resolution.

The problem that Garland and other libs have with actually persecuting Trump is our nation's traditions of open and public trials.

To actually bring the case to court would give President Trump a chance to speak and that's the last fucking thing they want.

That's why this fake "investigation" has continued and will continue indefinitely without resolution.
The problem Dims face is, you can only cry wolf so many times and then people start to tune you out

We have been told repeatedly that Trump was going to jail since he started running for President.

Well?

Why is he not in prison democrats?

Either you are lying about the crimes, or unable to prove the crimes, or incompetent

Which is it?

If Garland appoints a special counsel now, the department can say that they didn’t know that Trump would be running, which Trump gave them leave to say, by teasing his announcement, but not making i
One wonders if Merrick Garland is more concerned about his DOJ being investigated by a GOP controlled House than he is about going after Trump. All of the things he's done for the past two years are now going to be subject to Congressional investigation and he's not going to have Nancy there to cover his ass.

Once he officially announces, the optics of continuing the phony investigations would be unacceptable to all but the most severe TDS sufferer.
You actually expect the current DOJ or the half of the country that votes Blue, to be concerned with optics? This is an EXISTENTIAL threat to their power that a Trump run could bring about. They'll name a SP and the investigations will be funded by executive order if the House refuses to vote to fund it.

You actually expect the current DOJ or the half of the country that votes Blue, to be concerned with optics? This is an EXISTENTIAL threat to their power that a Trump run could bring about. They'll name a SP and the investigations will be funded by executive order if the House refuses to vote to fund it.
You are probably right. Always a Bad Bet to assume that Democrats will for once show the slightest bit of decency.

Anyone else deserve a Special in your mind?

Anyone else deserve a Special in your mind?
The whole DOJ/FBI/DNC executive level should be investigated. But that would take years, and I'm not a grudge holder. Instead just get them out of the power they have abused since the formation of the FBI.

Sack all management above local level and appoint one AG to get rid of bad apples on the lower levels. Then appoint some former FISA Court Judges to oversee the rebuilding.

The whole DOJ/FBI/DNC executive level should be investigated. But that would take years, and I'm not a grudge holder. Instead just get them out of the power they have abused since the formation of the FBI.

Sack all management above local level and appoint one AG to get rid of bad apples on the lower levels. Then appoint some former FISA Court Judges to oversee the rebuilding.

That is hilarious. Especially considering your signature line.

The idea that you can with a straight face claim it is an issue with Leadership while you have a quote about the average FBI agents lying on FISA warrants, not to mention other warrants, is hilarious.

Want to change the system to fairness and honesty? It can be done. But it won’t be what you want.

That is hilarious. Especially considering your signature line.

The idea that you can with a straight face claim it is an issue with Leadership while you have a quote about the average FBI agents lying on FISA warrants, not to mention other warrants, is hilarious.

Want to change the system to fairness and honesty? It can be done. But it won’t be what you want.
I don't know that those were "average" FBI agents who were sent to lie to FISA courts to get warrants to spy on Trump's campaign. I would guess that they were hand picked and promised a bright future if they would take that risk. I would think that average FBI agents are assigned to Omaha, or Cleveland and investigate bank fraud. The guys in charge in Washington are not going to let some idealistic youngster who might spill the beans in on any of their shenanigans.

But, you may be right that they whole agency is hopeless corrupt. I'm not opposed to defunding and shutting it down, believe me.

I don't know that those were "average" FBI agents who were sent to lie to FISA courts to get warrants to spy on Trump's campaign. I would guess that they were hand picked and promised a bright future if they would take that risk. I would think that average FBI agents are assigned to Omaha, or Cleveland and investigate bank fraud. The guys in charge in Washington are not going to let some idealistic youngster who might spill the beans in on any of their shenanigans.

But, you may be right that they whole agency is hopeless corrupt. I'm not opposed to defunding and shutting it down, believe me.

Your quote is in response to the IG report on FISA warrants.

Page three of the memo. The FBI lied on every single FISA warrant application examined. Every single one. And it was not a single office problem. Several offices were involved.

So every single FISA warrant was bad. Every single one. Now what are the odds this the normal warrant applications are good? Anyone. Bueller?

You posted a quote thinking it was about how Trump was targeted. Instead it was an indictment against the entire system.

Garland, Wray and Myorkass need to not only be impeached but removed from their positions. There are more that need to go, but those three are the worst.
The dems are going down so is the Biden crime family Wray Clapper and whoever else conspired to affect the elections... going all the way back to 2016....

Personally, I think democrats should try to impeach Trump again with the premise that he will win in 2024.
They could make it a "pending" impeachment, to take effect when he takes office. I wouldn't put it past them.

I hope so. There is a lot that needs to be corrected with elections, the border, the media and the DOJ.
Dark money... the dem are thick with it... and it will dry up... then they will have to get campaign money the old fashioned way... earn it from their voters....

Forum List

Back