If Fox News and MSNBC never existed, how would politics change?

The problem isn't Fox News. Fox News arose because ALL of the media was blocking neutral and conservative viewpoints.

But to address your question as asked, if Fox News was erased, then the Left would once again have a total lock on setting out the terms of discussion.

I think Fox struggles between the people who want to do serious journalism, and the people who want to do advocacy journalism. Guys like Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace, who are actually serious journalists, probably cringe at having to share a network with guys like O'Reilly and Hannity.

MSNBC is purely advocacy journalism, and they make no secret of it.

The problem isn't Fox News. Fox News arose because ALL of the media was blocking neutral and conservative viewpoints.

But to address your question as asked, if Fox News was erased, then the Left would once again have a total lock on setting out the terms of discussion.
You'd be correct if Fox News wasn't so batshit crazy. It appeals to the simple mind. That's why it is so popular. MSNBC is so unpopular because it challenges people to think.

All this being said, MSNBC does actively try to promote the Democratic Party hence the bias.

If you want to talk about bat shit crazy, you have to look no further than Chris Matthews. This punk has the usual gang of idiots as guests, never a dissenting opinion, with the very rare occasional appearances by Steel or Fehery.

If you want to talk about bat shit crazy, you have to look no further than Al Sharpton. Or Lawrence O'Donnell. Or Rachel Maddow. Or Alex Wagner. Just to mention a few who would NEVER have the courage to present an opposing view on their waste of broadcasting time show.

FNC, on the other hand almost always have a liberal on all the prime time opinion shows. Hell, sometimes TWO liberals and no conservatives. FNC claims "Fair and Balanced" but unlike all the liberal networks it has the guts to tell viewers: "We report, you decide".

What appeals to the simple mind is a chorus of two or three singing the same song on all the MSNBC shows.

You'd be correct if Fox News wasn't so batshit crazy. It appeals to the simple mind. That's why it is so popular. MSNBC is so unpopular because it challenges people to think.

All this being said, MSNBC does actively try to promote the Democratic Party hence the bias.

Talk about batshit crazy :rolleyes:

THat was the CBO which was already mentioned in my post.

That's not what the poll question asked, now is it? I am pretty conversant with economics and I was following the news and there was no way that the majority of economists stated that the stimulus would create jobs and so based on my own following of the news I would have disagreed with the question asked and therefore been judged to be ill-informed when, in fact, I was better informed than the study authors and was correct in my own prediction that the stimulus would not create jobs.

Sorry but I have seen no evidence that any mainstream media in the US is liberal.

You've seen no evidence that the mainstream media is liberal?Look up thread and read the Pew Study. Or look at this chart which looks at the ideology of the audience:

B0cceC6CMAARg8ppnglarge_zps98536f6e.png

No, Fox news viewers are ill-informed because of the misinformation that has been spouted on that show.

Where misinformation is defined as answers not in accord with liberal propaganda.

Pretty neat trick you guys use.

They always try to frame the conversation and define/redefine the terms used...and they are always continuously variable and situational.

That way they can never be pinned down and they are never "wrong".
The funny part is they think no one notices...

The networks are reflections of the culture, they feed a need. Then it all feeds on itself.

The problem is the existence of a growing number of narcissistic partisan ideologues on both ends of the spectrum. The pundits make them worse, then they want more, and the pundits give it to them. The cycle continues and it gets worse.

The networks and pundits are using these people. They give them only one side of a story -- you can see it repeated here daily -- and it angers and motivates the ideologues even more. It's impossible to communicate with people like this, and that's just how the networks and pundits want it.

Our politics are now essentially controlled by these manic zealots, hence our accelerating decay.

Partisan ideologues are being used, and they're too full of themselves to see it.

Oh..you want to change the subject again, I see....when you call black people "uncle tom" because they don't share your views, you are a racist.

No, I'm calling Juan Williams an Uncle Tom because his main function in life seems to be going into a room full of conservative assholes and let them walk all over him.

I'd really, really like to see someone in a room with Bill Kristol read back everything Kristol got wrong on the Iraq War

tmw2014-06-25colorlarge_2.jpg

Oh..you want to change the subject again, I see....when you call black people "uncle tom" because they don't share your views, you are a racist.

No, I'm calling Juan Williams an Uncle Tom because his main function in life seems to be going into a room full of conservative assholes and let them walk all over him.

I'd really, really like to see someone in a room with Bill Kristol read back everything Kristol got wrong on the Iraq War

tmw2014-06-25colorlarge_2.jpg

yes..that's all fascinating...comics and colorful pictures with witty (invented) dialog..No one could argue with "evidence" like that. LMAO...cartoons... sheesh. :rolleyes:

Like I said..calling him an "uncle tom" because he doesn't agree with your agenda is racist..you are a racist.

I notice now you've abandoned juan williams and jumped to talking about bill kristol...

See..that tactic of constantly moving and dodging may fool some people but it isn't really a solid strategy ....if you want to appear honest.

yes..that's all fascinating...comics and colorful pictures with witty (invented) dialog..No one could argue with "evidence" like that. LMAO...cartoons... sheesh. :rolleyes:

Like I said..calling him an "uncle tom" because he doesn't agree with your agenda is racist..you are a racist.

I notice now you've abandoned juan williams and jumped to talking about bill kristol...

See..that tactic of constantly moving and dodging may fool some people but it isn't really a solid strategy ....if you want to appear honest.

If anyone with a decency is in a room with Bill Kristol and doesn't procceed to strangle the fuck out of him, that's pretty much because they are a total sellout.

Lots of black kids and white kids came back in bags and without limbs because of the war that this asshole advocated. And any "Liberal" who goes on Faux News and doesn't scream this from the rafters is pretty much a sell-out Uncle Tom shoe-shiner.

Not that it matters, Faux News uses Williams less and less now that they gotten their millage out of him as the "House Liberal" who NPR fired.

If anyone with a decency is in a room with Bill Kristol and doesn't procceed to strangle the fuck out of him, that's pretty much because they are a total sellout.

Lots of black kids and white kids came back in bags and without limbs because of the war that this asshole advocated. And any "Liberal" who goes on Faux News and doesn't scream this from the rafters is pretty much a sell-out Uncle Tom shoe-shiner.

Not that it matters, Faux News uses Williams less and less now that they gotten their millage out of him as the "House Liberal" who NPR fired.

...fascinating, joe.as usual you flail about wildly in an effort to completely evade supporting a claim you just made a few posts ago ...

So it's resolved, despite all the irrelevant attempts at deflection, like I said..you're a racist for calling juan williams an uncle tom.

...fascinating, joe.as usual you flail about wildly in an effort to completely evade supporting a claim you just made a few posts ago ...

So it's resolved, despite all the irrelevant attempts at deflection, like I said..you're a racist for calling juan williams an uncle tom.

No, because most black folks would call him an Uncle Tom, too... are they racist?

Top 5 Fox News Uncle Toms News One

Oooh, Look, Juan Williams made the top of their list.

No, because most black folks would call him an Uncle Tom, too... are they racist?

Oh? "most" black folks do? How many? name them? Where do they live? LMAO at strawmen, joe...

But I see your "logic" now....if "everyone else" does something wrong, that means it's ok for you to do it, too...

That's kind of like "bush did it too"...dodge that leftists like to use.
In your mind, misconduct in the past gives you a pass for misconduct today...flawless logic, that...:rolleyes:

Top 5 Fox News Uncle Toms News One
Oooh, Look, Juan Williams made the top of their list.

More racism, joe.

Oh? "most" black folks do? How many? name them? Where do they live? LMAO at strawmen, joe...

But I see your "logic" now....if "everyone else" does something wrong, that means it's ok for you to do it, too...

No, guy, it's not wrong to call Williams an Uncle Tom.

What is the definition of an Uncle Tom. It's a black guy who sells out his own to ingratiate himself to White People.

And when Williams gets on Faux News and calls the First Lady "Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress", he's really being an Uncle Tom.

What is the definition of an Uncle Tom. It's a black guy who sells out his own to ingratiate himself to White People.

And when Williams gets on Faux News and calls the First Lady "Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress", he's really being an Uncle Tom.

Juan Williams should have completed his train of thought by adding: "But Stokely Carmichael was far prettier".

So if a black disagrees with the majority of blacks, he is an Uncle Tom.

Last edited:

you're a racist just making excuses to "justify" your racism!

The thing I've noticed is that you think calling people names = intelligent discussion.

Forum List

Back