If Democrats ignore health-care polls, midterms will be costly

"This isn't 1994; it's 2010."

Democrats know they're going to take a midterm hit. I think they even understand that "comprehensive healthcare" is a loser either way they go. What they haven't figured out.... is that Barack Obama is no Bill Clinton.

They think they'll come back in 2012. They won't.

Bill Clinton had his success by working with a Republican Congress. He's smarter than Barack. More pragmatic. We didn't call him "Slick Willie" for nothing. Bill knew how to 'live to fight another day'. Bill had nearly 12 years of executive experience of compromising with a legislative body.

Barry, on the other hand, has no compromise or bipartisanship in him. He's got no experience to draw on. He's a hopeless ideologue who has made extravagant promises to his base and is so emotionally insecure that he doesn't understand that it's the MIDDLE he needs to be worrying about.

Both these men are narcissistic in their tendencies, but Bill had self-confidence which reflected in his actions. Both are partisan, but Bill understood that executive leadership doesn't lend itself to uncompromising partisan policy, that in order to get a win, he had to let the other guy win too.

This is NOT 1994.. and these House Democrats who are sacrificing themselves for "The Cause", are going to have done it for NOTHING.

You gotta do what ya gotta do

When the Republicans were in control, they had an agenda and passed that agenda regardless of the consequences. They paid the consequences but passed their agenda. Even today, they vote NO on every bill and say the hell with the consequences.

Democrats are just a bunch of pussies

Well RW. The Dems didn't need or want anything from the Reps. In fact. They basically shut them out of the process. They had a SUPERMAJORITY. They didn't need any help at all to pass this clusterfuck of a bill.

They didn't get it done because they were to busy being bought off by their own party to vote yes. Even with that they still couldn't pass it with their SUPERMAJORITY.

I don't know about being pussies but they sure are the party of ineptitude..

Last edited:
Dems did what they always do ... overplay their hand, in-fight, and roundly fuck up a cup of coffee.

Reps did what they always do ... live in hyperbole, do anything they can to the cloud the debate, demonize, and pretend they are willing to compromise.

The end result is we all get screwed.

This is purely a wedge-issue intended to cause divisions.

If the Repugs fight it they will be called obstructionists.

If the Dems continue to push it through they will be accused of not listening to the voters.

The fact of the matter is that this bill that nobody can read at the moment is being done in secrecy and does not do anything to address the problems that Democrats claim it addresses. Nancy Pelosi even admits that we have to wait till it's passed to find out all of the wonderful things it does....which means even she isn't sure what it will do. Sorry...but that's not good enough.

And the only ones pretending to be willing to compromise is the party in power....which Obama so clearly showed us after 4 hours of wasted debate.

Last edited:
The road to REAL reform is wide open.

The leading dems won't follow it, they insist on their backroom designed bribe fest.

It will be their downfall, and this mess will never survive, they can pass it, but it will be repealed.

Not all of it.

Reid Bill Says Future Congresses Cannot Repeal Parts of Reid Bill | The Weekly Standard
Doesn't matter what he says, no congress can create binding legislation, its unconstitutional.

I'd like to see where in the bill it says that anyway.... I'm thinking it doesn't because I doubt very much that type of thing would hold up anyway.

What I would guess, given that DeMint wouldn't tell the truth if it bit him on the butt, is that the bill says it won't sundown.... which most bills done by reconciliation do.

this isn't a partisan issue here folks, niether the dems or reps give a flying fig about you, and consider you parasites.

HC is an up/down issue, not right or left

~S~

No ones arguing what healthcare is as far as up or down....all of the citizenry in this country know that we need reform.

What we don't need is the type of bribery, secret meetings in the cloakroom, backdoor deals for unions, in a bill written by progressives that will plunge the country another 10 trillion dollars in debt.

I just don't understand how you Democrats let these whackos hijack your party!!!! Only a fucking idiot believes ALL AMERICANS paying taxes for 10 years and getting 6 years worth of benefits is a good deal for the country.

All of you proponents of the current bill have been suckered by the progressives to tow the party line...how pathetic is that after what you saw during the Bush years?

You gotta do what ya gotta do

When the Republicans were in control, they had an agenda and passed that agenda regardless of the consequences. They paid the consequences but passed their agenda. Even today, they vote NO on every bill and say the hell with the consequences.

Democrats are just a bunch of pussies

Well RW. The Dems didn't need or want anything from the Reps. In fact. They basically shut them out of the process. They had a SUPERMAJORITY. They didn't need any help at all to pass this clusterfuck of a bill.

They didn't get it done because they were to busy being bought off by their own party to vote yes. Even with that they still couldn't pass it with their SUPERMAJORITY.

I don't know about being pussies but they sure are the party of ineptitude..

I totally agree

Republicans seem to acomplish more with a minority than the Dems can with a Super Majority

Last edited:
The Dems ran smack into what is known as the "will of the people". They mistakenly thought that their win meant we wanted to become Europe and to that end, they could do whatever the fuck the wanted.

They have found out the hard way... "not so much". While most of us want something done to shore up healthcare costs, we don't want a government takeover.

The road to REAL reform is wide open.

The leading dems won't follow it, they insist on their backroom designed bribe fest.

It will be their downfall, and this mess will never survive, they can pass it, but it will be repealed.

Not all of it.

Reid Bill Says Future Congresses Cannot Repeal Parts of Reid Bill | The Weekly Standard
Doesn't matter what he says, no congress can create binding legislation, its unconstitutional.

If the President signs it...it's binding. When was the change made? Is DeMint saying that this rule change required a separate 60 vote majority for a rule change outside of the already passed Senate Bill?

Now, when the Dems get he boot in November, and get the boot they will, do I believe the Repubs will step up and get real? I dunno..... I fear we may get just "Obama light"

If the President signs it...it's binding. When was the change made? Is DeMint saying that this rule change required a separate 60 vote majority for a rule change outside of the already passed Senate Bill?

If this were true we might as well disolve Congress now.

Binding legislation is unconstitutional. It can't happen. Otherwise we'd still have prohabition.

Opposition to the healthcare bill topped out a month ago and has declined ever since.

just like Obama's and Congresses poll numbers....

Now once this Bill is sent to the trash heap...maybe they can redeem themselves by enacting true healthcare reform without bribery, payoffs and special deals for the unions.

Opposition to the healthcare bill topped out a month ago and has declined ever since.

Now once this Bill is sent to the trash heap...maybe they can redeem themselves by enacting true healthcare reform without bribery, payoffs and special deals for the unions.

The Democrats cannot exist in a world without bribery, payoffs and special deals.

If this were true we might as well disolve Congress now.

Binding legislation is unconstitutional. It can't happen. Otherwise we'd still have prohabition.

That clause was never put into the Prohibition Amendment. That's why it was repealed.

The Democrats cannot exist in a world without bribery, payoffs and special deals.

I for one hope that's not true but it would appear that you may have a point.

But the fact remains....what the Obama Administration and the Democrat Congress ran their campaigns on and what they are doing now are 2 entirely different things...and the American people have figured that out. That's why the majority of Americans are OPPOSED to this Bill.

If they choose to ram this Bill down the throats of America...so be it...every single vote in favor of this Bill means they will be run out of office within 4 years. I guess that's one way to get a new crop of legislators in the Congress.

Forum List

Back