If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dont force acceptance of your sexual lifestyle on others and everything will be fine.
Acceptance is something that happens between your own two ears. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that they cannot do anything to force you to accept their "lifestyle" short of brain washing or waterboarding. My issue is how we treat each other in what is supposed to be a civil and secular society. Doing so does not require acceptance. It requires understanding that you are supposedly part of civilized society and that there are other who are different than you and have the same rights as you.

You're treading into dangerous waters there pal. Imagine the chaos.
Cats and dogs. Living together!

Anyone can discriminate against anyone for any reason, including the fact that they may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that day?

Do you want to make getting up on the wrong side of the bed illegal too?

Cats and dogs most certainly can live together as are many other species able to live with those who are different from them. They could teach humans a thing or two if only they could learn.

Your ability to circumvent the point of a post is remarkable. That's a line from Ghostbusters. I'm mocking your suggesting that getting rid of PA laws would result in "chaos".

Anyone can discriminate against anyone for any reason, including the fact that they may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that day? We should not be encouraging or enabling discrimination.

Sometimes it seems that you really don't understand how these laws work. You realize that discriminating against someone because you "got up on the wrong side of the bed" is perfectly legal now, right?

No, I want treating others badly in your place of business because of you bigotry, ignorance or bad mood illegal.

Then you're barking up the wrong tree with PA laws. They're just targeting a handful of biases that the government has deemed unacceptable.

No, I want treating others badly in your place of business because of you bigotry, ignorance or bad mood illegal.

Then you're barking up the wrong tree with PA laws. They're just targeting a handful of biases that the government has deemed unacceptable.
Perhaps. But how many straight, white, males are discriminated against as opposed to others?

Perhaps. But how many straight, white, males are discriminated against as opposed to others?

I don't know the numbers. Why does it matter?

I think we've talked about this before, and then you were under the delusion that these laws ensure equal treatment of all customers. You realize that's not true, right?

Cats and dogs most certainly can live together as are many other species able to live with those who are different from them. They could teach humans a thing or two if only they could learn.

Your ability to circumvent the point of a post is remarkable. That's a line from Ghostbusters. I'm mocking your suggesting that getting rid of PA laws would result in "chaos".

Anyone can discriminate against anyone for any reason, including the fact that they may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that day? We should not be encouraging or enabling discrimination.

Sometimes it seems that you really don't understand how these laws work. You realize that discriminating against someone because you "got up on the wrong side of the bed" is perfectly legal now, right?
It would depend on who the target of your wrath is and what state you live in. I'm am just saying that we should be promoting civility and not giving a condoning or enabling to bad behavior

Mock away. Think about what kind of society you want to be part of. If in fact you want to be part of society.

It would depend on who the target of your wrath is and what state you live in. I'm am just saying that we should be promoting civility and not giving a condoning or enabling to bad behavior

This isn't about 'condoning' or 'enabling' or 'promoting' anything. We're talking about enforcing laws. That means badges and guns and people going to jail (or worse) if they resist. That's the thing with the "social engineers", they can't seem to recognize the coercion inherent in their schemes.

Mock away. Think about what kind of society you want to be part of. If in fact you want to be part of society.

I don't think government should be used to dictate terms to society. It should be the other way around.

I don't know the numbers. Why does it matter?

I think we've talked about this before, and then you were under the delusion that these laws ensure equal treatment of all customers. You realize that's not true, right?
Yes I do.

I don't think government should be used to dictate terms to society. It should be the other way around.
Yes well that is a nice, idealistic, but unrealistic sentiment. But ask yourself, who and what is "society' ? Is it liberals or conservatives? Is it the alt right or Antifa? Is it bigots or LGBT people and their advocates? I could go on but you get the idea. We have a constitution. We have the rule of law and the concept of equal protection under the law. That is the foundation and the cornerstone of how we conduct ourselves, how we treat each other and most importantly how our relationship to government is defined. Relying on "society " to dictate terms of conduct is tantamount to anarchy .

Look you idiot PP. You cannot be a bigot when what you are objecting to are BEHAVIORS. Otherwise a state's penal code is a collection of "bigotry".

Look you idiot PP. You cannot be a bigot when what you are objecting to are BEHAVIORS. Otherwise a state's penal code is a collection of "bigotry".
This behavior thing is inane and wearing thin. Your heterosexual behavior-if we just focused on what you do sexually- if anything- and discounted and trivialized your value as a whole person. Would you like that? Now shut the fuck up !

Yes well that is a nice, idealistic, but unrealistic sentiment. But ask yourself, who and what is "society' ? Is it liberals or conservatives? Is it the alt right or Antifa? Is it bigots or LGBT people and their advocates? I could go on but you get the idea.

Yes, I do. Society is all those things. It's both liberal and conservative. It contains alt-right and Antifa. Society has bigots and rainbow warriors. And in and each case, neither side should be allowed to use government to force its will on the other. That's not anarchy. It's tolerance and diversity.

Relying on "society " to dictate terms of conduct is tantamount to anarchy .

No, it's reality. it's how the vast bulk of human interaction takes place. We don't need lock step conformity to get along. The law is there to prevent bullies from forcing their will on others, not to function as a tool for the bullies to achieve their ends.

This behavior thing is inane and wearing thin. Your heterosexual behavior-if we just focused on what you do sexually- if anything- and discounted and trivialized your value as a whole person. Would you like that? Now shut the fuck up !

Just saying something is inane doesn't disprove it. LGBT are behaviors & an adopted lifestyle defined by some sexual kink habits. You're up against common knowledge on this one. I don't envy you arguing your weak points.

As with my example of majority regulation. People have decided that your cults kinks don't qualify for marriage. Just as the majority decided polygamy kinks don't qualify either. Now how is it you think one set of kinks gets immunity from majority regulation (discrimination) and the other set of kinks don't?

Forum List

Back