If a person shows up on time for a Job Interview and then asked can

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
come back tomorrow because something came up?

Isn't that a obvious sign they already have who they wanted? I myself would not be coming back if some shit like that happened to me. This happened to a friend of mine and I didn;t want to hurt her feelings but I don't think that was a good sign at all.

Why would they say "come back tomorrow" if they had found their person? Think it through.

What it sounds like is that they just don't have their shit together.

Why would they say "come back tomorrow" if they had found their person? Think it through.

Just going through the motions since they have the person they want?

If they have the person they want --- then why call somebody else back?? That just wastes everybody's time.
When you lose your keys, and then you find them ---- do you keep on looking for them?

Depends on the Company. The last time my Department was hiring we had three interviews planned the morning after we went jnto full Storm Mode due to a series of thunderstorms. Nobody was available to do the interviews.

If they have the person they want --- then why call somebody else back?? That just wastes everybody's time.
When you lose your keys, and then you find them ---- do you keep on looking for them?

Then why do companies post fake job ads and hire from the inside?????????

LOL no one in business has time to play games like that. Call a person they know they do not hire to come back? Think about what you art saying.:laugh:

Hey...............you can't schedule things like sickness and death. If there was a sickness or death in the family, asking to come back tomorrow is a perfectly understandable request.

Compliance to satisfy EEOC and other such snoopers

LOL no one in business has time to play games like that. Call a person they know they do not hire to come back? Think about what you art saying.:laugh:

if someone was already SCHEDULED they are not going to tell the person to their face they already chose someone, they are just going to go through the motions and make it seem like the person has a chance

That depends on who applies and what the policies of the company are.

For example, we had a Union member apply for a job he'd missed when it was initially posted internally. He applied after it went to the outside and when he qualified, the Company had to give him the job due to contracts.

Hey...............you can't schedule things like sickness and death. If there was a sickness or death in the family, asking to come back tomorrow is a perfectly understandable request.

She wasn't told what came up, all they said was SOMETHING

EEOC doesn't say anything about who you have to call back for an interview when you've found your personnel.
Besides -- the whole question is a TIMING thing. "Come back tomorrow". Whether they want to just go through the motions or not has nothing to do with what day it is.

EEOC doesn't say anything about who you have to call back for an interview when you've found your personnel.
Besides -- the whole question is a TIMING thing. "Come back tomorrow". Whether they want to just go through the motions or not has nothing to do with what day it is.

Pogo: "EEOC doesn't say anything about who you have to call back for an interview"

I never stated the above!

Pogo: "EEOC doesn't say anything about who you have to call back for an interview"

Good boy. Wanna cookie?

Good boy. Wanna cookie?
Actually I would like for you to leave me the fuck alone and go chop up another person's posts. I am having a nice discussion with the OP.

well I am definitely not going to ask how the interview went

If they did just lead her on then she didn't want to work for that company.

Companies usually don't have time to waste calling in someone to interview for no reason, EEOC or not.

Last edited:

Good boy. Wanna cookie?
Actually I would like for you to leave me the fuck alone and go chop up another person's posts. I am having a nice discussion with the OP.

The OP is post 1. I got here at post 2. Where does that leave you?

No cookie for you. :nono:

Good boy. Wanna cookie?

The OP is post 1. I got here at post 2. Where does that leave you?

No cookie for you. :nono:

That leaves me with you crapping in my backyard, begone turd. The job has been filled.

Better yet come back tomorrow I will interview you.:funnyface::laugh:

Forum List

Back