IE6 Must Die!!!!!

Also, let me say that I have ZERO information of any import on my hard drive.

Somebody hacks me and they're not even going to get any good blackmail material.

Aaaah ... there's the myth. The information you store is not the real target. They want to install bots, usually Javascript ones or even through Flash, those then wait for you to log into another site, entering in passwords and usernames, then the bots send that information to a database or private computer. Most bots are very short lived, not even noticeable. They send it to a remote computer that is often using a wireless connection, leeching off one of the many free public access ones. Then once they get the info from a few people they leave, the bot deletes itself, and you won't even know.

Really??....I also do weekly mop-ups with Spybot and AdAware.....No problema.

What...Am I just asking for it??
Join the 21st Century and dump that junk browser Dude!:lol:
Well, I've already bowed to your superior knowledge and been extremely pleased with FF.....So I trust you.

So, how might I go about getting my streams??
If you want to continue using IE to get streams, at least upgrate to IE7 for starters. You REALLY should get that garbage IE6 browser off your computer. Like the article I linked in the OP says, many sites gonna stop supporting it anyway. I stopped a long time ago.

In FF, Turn AdBlock off and then go to whatever you're streaming, see if it works then. If it does, then that stream is in your AdBlock filter, for some reason. Turn AdBlock back on, then click "Open Blockable Items" and it will show you what all it's blocking from that page. Remove the stream from the filter right there.

If it STILL will not stream with AdBlock off, we know it's not AdBlock stopping it and it's a different deal.

Somebody hacks me and they're not even going to get any good blackmail material.

Aaaah ... there's the myth. The information you store is not the real target. They want to install bots, usually Javascript ones or even through Flash, those then wait for you to log into another site, entering in passwords and usernames, then the bots send that information to a database or private computer. Most bots are very short lived, not even noticeable. They send it to a remote computer that is often using a wireless connection, leeching off one of the many free public access ones. Then once they get the info from a few people they leave, the bot deletes itself, and you won't even know.
Right....But I don't even check my bank balances online.

As far as any bots may be concerned, I'm one fucking boring dude.

Well, I've already bowed to your superior knowledge and been extremely pleased with FF.....So I trust you.

So, how might I go about getting my streams??

Whitelist the sites you want to stream from.
Pretend I have no idea what you're talking about.

Depends on your security settings and browser. FF 3.0 it's in the Preferences (under Edit, under Tools for older versions). If it's just the browser and not an add-on, go to the Content tab, where it says "Block pop-up windows" click on Exceptions, add the URL there. If you are using any add-ons that block content, they have their own white lists or exception lists.

Here's how insidious it is:

KK could easily design a bot and embed it into one of her YouTube videos. Anyone with IE6 watches that video, they have the bot installed. Most BotNet bots are only designed for spreading spam, and doing DDoS attacks. THAT is what they will use your computer and connection for, not to spy on you or get passwords and such.

Email ... that's how many spambots get their addresses. The information may seem meaningless to you, but many of your site accounts can be useful. I don't even store my friends email addresses online anywhere, just to be safe, and ask them to do the same with mine. Any site you enter in a username and password can be useful. I do online banking, and their access pages are some of the most secure, it would take a lot of tracking for them to finally get enough info to get into those accounts, but most other sites don't use the same security, hell, most don't even block their lists well.

Don't shoot me but I took firefox off my pc...I'm using IE8 now and I haven't had any problems. Firefox I thought gave me problems but it wasn't firefox but at the time I thought it was because that was the only change I had done on my pc. Turned out to be an IDE cable in my NEW PC was sliced down the middle. I got my PC running smooth and fast and I just don't want to do anything right now. Maybe in a few months I'll put firefox back on.

I don't get how so many people have problems with IE and Vista and I don't have any problems.

KK could easily design a bot and embed it into one of her YouTube videos. Anyone with IE6 watches that video, they have the bot installed. Most BotNet bots are only designed for spreading spam, and doing DDoS attacks. THAT is what they will use your computer and connection for, not to spy on you or get passwords and such.

Spam ... I so hate spammers, they're as bad as con artists. Though with the Youtube videos it's not possible, they reformat them to clean them already, but Youtube could itself if it wanted. Luckily they are like me and only do it to themselves to test security. ;)

Don't shoot me but I took firefox off my pc...I'm using IE8 now and I haven't had any problems. Firefox I thought gave me problems but it wasn't firefox but at the time I thought it was because that was the only change I had done on my pc. Turned out to be an IDE cable in my NEW PC was sliced down the middle. I got my PC running smooth and fast and I just don't want to do anything right now. Maybe in a few months I'll put firefox back on.

I don't get how so many people have problems with IE and Vista and I don't have any problems.

Well, I want people to upgrade to FF or at least a Mozilla based browser, I am tired of having to write primitive websites so IE8 can access them. Next site I make though I won't worry about it, if it's not Mozilla then fuck em. They can go to other sites.

Spam ... I so hate spammers, they're as bad as con artists. Though with the Youtube videos it's not possible, they reformat them to clean them already, but Youtube could itself if it wanted. Luckily they are like me and only do it to themselves to test security. ;)
Yes that's right, YouTube does scrub the files. BUT....

You could send folks a direct link to your file, and if they have IE6 and watch that vid, THEN you got their asses.

And yes, I declared war on spammers, BotNet operators, and their ilk... long, long ago.

IE6..... MUST..... FUCKING....... DIE!

You're probably Okay, security-wise. But IE really is soooo yesterday, it's like Dobie Gillis compared to Star Trek.

Well, I want people to upgrade to FF or at least a Mozilla based browser, I am tired of having to write primitive websites so IE8 can access them. Next site I make though I won't worry about it, if it's not Mozilla then fuck em. They can go to other sites.
And that is why I don't do websites anymore..too much damn trouble to design it to run on different browser versions.

My sister in-law wanted me to design a business webpage...man did I have to work hard to get out of doing that.

Yeah If I come upon a site that doesn't open up (rarely) I just close it out and move on.

Yes that's right, YouTube does scrub the files. BUT....

You could send folks a direct link to your file, and if they have IE6 and watch that vid, THEN you got their asses.

And yes, I declared war on spammers, BotNet operators, and their ilk... long, long ago.

IE6..... MUST..... FUCKING....... DIE!

There is a lot of crap the that Windoze does which people just don't know about, but it only works with IE active :lol: If people just knew what Windoze was letting into their hard drives they'd dump them just for that. Now they have compiled a lot of the info for their own little wanna-be search engine ...

You're probably Okay, security-wise. But IE really is soooo yesterday, it's like Dobie Gillis compared to Star Trek.
Analogy STOLEN!! :rofl:

And that is why I don't do websites anymore..too much damn trouble to design it to run on different browser versions.

My sister in-law wanted me to design a business webpage...man did I have to work hard to get out of doing that.

Yeah If I come upon a site that doesn't open up (rarely) I just close it out and move on.

Well, all the newest browsers, except IE, use the Mozilla engine, MS is just being a big baby now since it's extremely secure compared to theirs.

Have you guys checked out Bing.com?

I like the video's kind of like hula

O.K...O.K....I surrender!!

I'll work this one after the white Russians wear off and get back to y'all should I run into any problems.

Change is tough, and scary ... most people don't like it and resist it as much as possible. It would be nice if nothing ever changed, but technology changes the fastest, so you just have to get use to it ... ;) It's fun though, when you learn the nuts and bolts of it all.

Forum List

Back