IE6 Must Die!!!!!

• Banned
Yup...IE 6.

I think something in the Firefox Ad Blocker keeps me from being able to stream live radio feeds.
What in the hell is wrong with you using IE6? At LEAST get 7 Dude.

And AdBlock is easily adjustable. Plus, you can turn it totally OFF temporarily to see if that's the issue. You can also disable it by page.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Call me gun shy after my last experience with downloading a new browser.

I'm sure you remember that one.
E7 works OK. They copied many of the FF features and security IS far improved over IE6.

IE6 is by far the most non-secure browser out there, BotNet operators love it.

E7 works OK. They copied many of the FF features and security IS far improved over IE6.

I have ZA pro, and it blocks out all those assholes.

I only use IE for streaming.

It doesn't.

With IE6, you can pick up a bot and your Zone Alarm will never know it. Or care.

It doesn't.

With IE6, you can pick up a bot and your Zone Alarm will never know it. Or care.

Hell, I wrote a Javascript that installed a spybot into IE for one website, it bypassed everything. Nothing was able to stop it, except FF.

I only use IE to see what my sites look like on it when I do updates, or to help someone having problems with it. At all other times, I not only don't use it but I keep it in "work offline" mode, because it WILL go out there on the internet without your knowledge or permission, even when you're not running it.

Also, Yahoo IM and MSN IM WILL turn your IE on, put it in "work online" mode, also without your knowledge or permission. This is one reason why I use trillian exclusively for IM chat.

It doesn't.

Really??....I also do weekly mop-ups with Spybot and AdAware.....No problema.

What...Am I just asking for it??
Try registry mechanic if you're looking for these BotNet bots, since they hide by re-writing the registry.

Join the 21st Century and dump that junk browser Dude!:lol:

Last edited:
I only use IE to see what my sites look like on it when I do updates, or to help someone having problems with it. At all other times, I not only don't use it but I keep it in "work offline" mode, because it WILL go out there on the internet without your knowledge or permission, even when you're not running it.

Also, Yahoo IM and MSN IM WILL turn your IE on, put it in "work online" mode, also without your knowledge or permission. This is one reason why I use trillian exclusively for IM chat.

I use Pidgin for my IM ... have my Yahoo (only because it's so damned common) and Google accounts on it. I love all-in-ones that don't intrude.

It doesn't.

Really??....I also do weekly mop-ups with Spybot and AdAware.....No problema.

What...Am I just asking for it??
Join the 21st Century and dump that junk browser Dude!:lol:
Well, I've already bowed to your superior knowledge and been extremely pleased with FF.....So I trust you.

So, how might I go about getting my streams??

Thing is, IE is behind, it started falling behind in 2001 and hasn't caught up, even IE8 is old news. FF is the only mainstream one that has kept up completely with everything. IE7 can't even render HTML 4.0 ... and they have already announced HTML 5.0 if I remember correctly. Only FF can render HTML 4.0 correctly, and anything that uses the Mozilla engine, but FF also runs Java and Flash better, and I stream perfectly ... though usually I send it to my external player anyway. IE never streamed without running Windoze Media Player, which is a major CPU resource hog.

Forum List

Back