IDs could cause enough of a dropoff in legitimate Democratic voting to add 3 percent

Then perhaps the people who load up such poor and elderly minorities in to buses and fill out their ballots for them should first take them to the DMV for an ID card.

Actually the link sites a survey NOT a STUDY, put out by Brennan Center of NYU Law School, with a bias against ID's. Truth is, there haven't been any credible studies. Every reference there is on the lefty sites, cite this 'study', which isn't a study, but a survey.

Just think, there's a bunch of TM's running around out there. :eek:

Because every study has found that the type of voter fraud claimed that this is designed to prevent doesnt exsist.

The studies have also concluded that it will (just like this republican leader says) keep a certain percent of democratic voters from the polls.

Why should this country spend BILLIONS of dollars implementing a program that protects nothing and keeps legal voters from voting?

how do these people cash checks.....get a job....drive.....get their welfare checks....get their medical weed.....they show id....but vote....nah i am intimidated.....

You want to pertend all of these studies do not exsist and that their findings are not real?

Last edited:

Then perhaps the people who load up such poor and elderly minorities in to buses and fill out their ballots for them should first take them to the DMV for an ID card.

Actually the link sites a survey NOT a STUDY, put out by Brennan Center of NYU Law School, with a bias against ID's. Truth is, there haven't been any credible studies. Every reference there is on the lefty sites, cite this 'study', which isn't a study, but a survey.

A bias against IDs?

You think that them finding that there is no need and in fact a detriment to democracy if implemented has somethning to do with why they think IDs would be bad for our democracy?

Its NOT a bias its a well founded, well researched result.

Now you have to ask yourself , what do you want to accomplish with this law?

All the studies say all it will do is waste money and keep poor democrats from voting

I'd like to keep convicted felons from voting, like the 28 in Ramsey county in Minnesota who are now charged in connection to voting in the 2008 elections, and who knows yet how many more.

Valley News Live - Local/Regional News

Let's see you get around these FACTS.

Rick

post me when the results of the cases are found

A bias against IDs?

You think that them finding that there is no need and in fact a detriment to democracy if implemented has somethning to do with why they think IDs would be bad for our democracy?

Its NOT a bias its a well founded, well researched result.

You really don't read what you post, do you? Take a look again. Your 'study' isn't any such thing, as the AP article states. Then you provide other links referring to the survey as a study. I guess it's a circular fallacy. :lol:

Now you have to ask yourself , what do you want to accomplish with this law?

All the studies say all it will do is waste money and keep poor democrats from voting

I'd like to keep convicted felons from voting, like the 28 in Ramsey county in Minnesota who are now charged in connection to voting in the 2008 elections, and who knows yet how many more.

Rick

Why? Why aren't charges filed good enough. After all the "court documents" you keep citing do not have anything other than ALLEGATIONS. These are actual charges filed by the Minnesota attorney's office. And it's just ONE COUNTY.

When you post some actual CONVICTIONS then I'll comply with your request.

Rick

Rick

Why? Why aren't charges filed good enough. After all the "court documents" you keep citing do not have anything other than ALLEGATIONS. These are actual charges filed by the Minnesota attorney's office. And it's just ONE COUNTY.

Rick

Then go get the court documents which have convinced you that they are guilty.

You see the court documents I have provided you do show poretty clearly that the republicans have worlked to keep Americans form voting repeatedly.

Where are your said court documents?

Rick

Rick
that LIAR isnt interested in the facts

Rick

Then go get the court documents which have convinced you that they are guilty.

You see the court documents I have provided you do show poretty clearly that the republicans have worlked to keep Americans form voting repeatedly.

Where are your said court documents?

Wow, even someone as simple minded as you SHOULD know that when charges are filed there are not yet any "court documents" other than the filing of charges.

And once again, you're basing your opinion on ALLEGATIONS that have never been proven because the cases were dropped. You might want to actually know what your own "court documents" say.

Rick

To help weed out people who are here ILLEGALLY?

Why do you refuse to recognise that every study says it does nothing to secure the vote?

How can you study something that has not been implemented? Sounds more like a bunch of fraudsters who are just saying they wouldn't vote if they had to produce ID. Which begs the question.. why ?

The point of the ETI link that was important was that a large amount of people do not have driver's licenses which leads to the point that if driver's licenses were required then a large amount of people would be excluded from voting. One problem I see with this, is that the idea of Photo ID does not require a drivers license but rather some kind of identification with a photo on it. I wonder why the ETI research limited their study to driver's licenses and not photo ids. Might it be that those numbers deteriorate to almost 0 when that is the question?

Immie

Every time you have to go somewhere to stand in line and pay to get something there will be fewer people who can get a ride or find the time.

It is born out in every study.

Lets also remember every study into the type of voter fraud it is said to prevent have proven to be nonexsistant.

If you support ID laws you support fewer democrats voting period, just like this republican leader,

Do you ever stop lying?

Immie

Why do you refuse to recognise that every study says it does nothing to secure the vote?

How can you study something that has not been implemented? Sounds more like a bunch of fraudsters who are just saying they wouldn't vote if they had to produce ID. Which begs the question.. why ?

The point of the ETI link that was important was that a large amount of people do not have driver's licenses which leads to the point that if driver's licenses were required then a large amount of people would be excluded from voting. One problem I see with this, is that the idea of Photo ID does not require a drivers license but rather some kind of identification with a photo on it. I wonder why the ETI research limited their study to driver's licenses and not photo ids. Might it be that those numbers deteriorate to almost 0 when that is the question?

Immie
the courts have upheld almost all of the vote ID laws
i think only Missouri's was shot down
and that was because they didnt have a reasonable plan for low income people to get the ID's

Forum List

Back