The Obama's Summer Vacation - New England or The Gulf Coast?

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Gulf officials think that Obama, who is off to Maine this weekend for a short pre-vacation before a longer one likely in Martha's Vineyard, would help them with their sales bid to the rest of the nation. They say pictures of Obama and his family, beamed around the world through the huge White House press corps, would be much better than his brief visits to the oil spill site and meeting with local residents. Instead, a vacation would prove that the beaches are open for business.

After Oil Spill, Gulf States Want Obama Vacation

He sure could bring a lot of money to the area if he vacationed in the Gulf... To bad he won't do what he is asking other Americans to do.

He sure could bring a lot of money to the area if he vacationed in the Gulf... To bad he won't do what he is asking other Americans to do.
Not only would it bring money to the region, but I think it would boost his approval rating.

Doubtful, the people here would still find fault with him..."He's so phony, he's only doing it for votes!".

We all know that the people who post here and hate him, will NEVER like him no matter what he does. Everything he does will always be wrong to the far right (which is what the people of this site are). So trying to appease you and what you think he should do is impossible.

Thank GOD maine's coast doesn't have any oil.

The plan is afoot to put enormous windmills in the Gulf of Maine.

I'm attending seminars (on NFP managament, FWIW) this summer with some of the administrators of that grand scheme.

We're told that when online these winddrive generators will be able to provide energy enough for every home in New England.

I'll believe it when I see it, of course.

Me?

I'm still waiting for that New England Interstate Monorail to go up ...mag lev, of course!

Not only would it bring money to the region, but I think it would boost his approval rating.

Doubtful, the people here would still find fault with him..."He's so phony, he's only doing it for votes!".

We all know that the people who post here and hate him, will NEVER like him no matter what he does. Everything he does will always be wrong to the far right (which is what the people of this site are). So trying to appease you and what you think he should do is impossible.
Isn't that why he and just about every politician do what they do? For the votes? Personally, I would like for once, for him to lead by example by bringing his family down to the Gulf Coast for a vacation. Showing the rest of the country that the Gulf is still a great place to visit regardless of the oil spill.

Not that it matters to you, but I am not 'far right'. And I would give him some kudos for family vacation photo-ops from the Gulf Coast.

But those aren't the votes he's trying to get, right?

I'm attending seminars (on NFP managament, FWIW) this summer with some of the administrators of that grand scheme.

We're told that when online these winddrive generators will be able to provide energy enough for every home in New England.

Me?

I'm still waiting for that New England Interstate Monorail to go up ...mag lev, of course!
An intersate monorail? Do tell!
I'll be traveling up to the beautiful state of Maine during the month of August and I can't wait!

His third vacation since the Gulf Oil Spill started (it's now Day 85, btw).

Shameful.

Me?

An intersate monorail? Do tell!
I'll be traveling up to the beautiful state of Maine during the month of August and I can't wait!

July is typically the best time to come here, Masq.

Post August 1 you really have to expect that the very warm days and cooler (but still pleasant) nights are probably over.

I mean it could be very nice, but July is usually the better gamble.

If you're in the mid-coast region and want to FTF, let me know.

Belfast has some nice restaurants and whatnot.

Gulf officials think that Obama, who is off to Maine this weekend for a short pre-vacation before a longer one likely in Martha's Vineyard, would help them with their sales bid to the rest of the nation. They say pictures of Obama and his family, beamed around the world through the huge White House press corps, would be much better than his brief visits to the oil spill site and meeting with local residents. Instead, a vacation would prove that the beaches are open for business.

He will go to martha's vinyard (Again). He doesn't like oil in the water when he is on vacation.

July is typically the best time to come here, Masq.

Post August 1 you really have to expect that the very warm days and cooler (but still pleasant) nights are probably over.

I mean it could be very nice, but July is usually the better gamble.

If you're in the mid-coast region and want to FTF, let me know.

Belfast has some nice restaurants and whatnot.

We'll be near the coast in Damariscotta. It's absolutely breath-taking country up in Maine. We've been vacationing there the past few years and each time it's been in August. Last year was hot! Real hot! We're hoping for more of the same, but like you mentioned above, we're taking a gamble. Either way it's going to be a relaxing enjoyable much needed vacation.

Ah yes, its all about the photo opps.

All I have to say is that he needs to cough up money to anyone whose vacations his little "photo opps" wrecks! He is quite good at that.

He will go to martha's vinyard (Again). He doesn't like oil in the water when he is on vacation.

Could you seriously imagine the Obama Family, Strolling along the Redneck Riviera, Playing Slots in Biloxie, and eating at Joe's Crab Shack in Mobile.....:lol::lol::lol:

Could you seriously imagine the Obama Family, Strolling along the Redneck Riviera, Playing Slots in Biloxie, and eating at Joe's Crab Shack in Mobile.....:lol::lol::lol:

I feel a "tarball" joke coming....

Forum List

Back