Ideological spectrum/party affiliation, where do u stand?

Can anyone post a good link to a political assessment quiz? I know where I stand, but it would be interesting to see from a good test.

I'm fiscally conservative
Socially Liberal
Foreign Policy, what's the word I'm looking for, libertarian? My opinion, we should not have a military as big as the next 25 biggest combined. I'm not quite as extreme as Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul, but to the left of Obama even in that regard.

The Political Compass

It's far from perfect of course but as good or better than any out there that I've seen.

Here is me fwiw...

PC2010.png

Can anyone post a good link to a political assessment quiz? I know where I stand, but it would be interesting to see from a good test.

I'm fiscally conservative
Socially Liberal
Foreign Policy, what's the word I'm looking for, libertarian? My opinion, we should not have a military as big as the next 25 biggest combined. I'm not quite as extreme as Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul, but to the left of Obama even in that regard.

The Political Compass

It's far from perfect of course but as good or better than any out there that I've seen.

Here is me fwiw...

PC2010.png

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

hmm

Middle right just into libertarian

I believe in a "strong" America.

That includes, keeping "foreign Adventurism" to a minimum and includes investing in energy sources that will "remove" NOT "reduce" Americas reliance on foreign anything.

I'm all for a draft. I believe tax rates should be tied to a draft. If you can't be bothered to defend the country that makes you rich, then you should, at the very minimum, "pay" a little restitution for those who do put their lives on the line.

I believe alternate "education" should be funded. Not everyone can be a "professor" or a "scientist". There should be affordable education for carpenters, bricklayers, plumbers and so on.

I'm against all forms of Affirmative Action. And that includes "daddy's connections". No more rich white kids being jumped over thousands more qualified because daddy pulled strings. It should all be about "merit" when it comes to education.

Anyone who makes over a million dollars a year should pay more in taxes. Saying that these people are "job creators" is nonsense. You can't go to every country and make that kind of money. And if they want to keep their money safe, then it's OK to invest in this country.

I would mandate the government spend a certain amount each year to inform Americans. Remember the "Smokey the Bear" segment or "Keep America Clean"? We need more public service announcements. And aim them towards things like "education" and "save" and all kinds of things. I'm sick of this "fear of government". Especially from those on Medicare and Medicaid. Were they born stupid? The government has to combat that nonsense.

I'm for "honesty in media". If a media group promotes a story that turns out to be false, they have to spend EQUAL time explaining why it's false. This would certainly clean up Fox. If they spend 10 hours talking about a 200 million dollar a day trip, they have to spend 10 hours explaining how much the trip actually cost. This would cause networks to verify their facts.

No supernatural or mysticism in public schools.

I can think of a lot more.

and you did this whole thing without mentioning or condemning Republicans.....was that hard Dean?.....see you can discuss without being an ass....and i agree with you on much of what you said.....

Your Political Compass:

Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

No party remotely represents my views which is why I've never voted for either party and in fact think a party system is counterproductive.

What an incredibly stupid thing to accuse me of.

Where did I even imply "force peple to believe in god?" First; Which one? Then Why.
There's at least 3 gods with major followings. Then there's the tree huggers, American Indains, Hindus, buddist, taoist, etc, etc.

Like I said; It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion.

No one has ever been hurt seeing someone else pray.

"Like I said; It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion."

every citizen has a right to NOT believe in god, gods or religion

consequently, freedom of religion INCLUDES freedom from.

and, as you admit, you can NOT stop them or punish them for it

You're not understanding what I'm saying, or trying to get a rise outta me. doesn't matter, I'll try again.

If your in school, court, etc, and you wanna pray to whatever, please be my guest, I have not right, and neither does the government to stop you. If your loud and annoying, I can ask you to be quiet, and you can tell me to jump in a lake, and go back to being loud.

Which means you have the freedom OF religion. If I want to be free 'from' religion I need to avoid public places and people at all times, b/c I might sneeze and someone near by might sat "God bless you". The horror of it all.

"You're not understanding what I'm saying, or trying to get a rise outta me. doesn't matter, I'll try again.

If your in school, court, etc, and you wanna pray to whatever, please be my guest, I have not right, and neither does the government to stop you. If your loud and annoying, I can ask you to be quiet, and you can tell me to jump in a lake, and go back to being loud."

fine

but THAT is NOT what you initially said...

you STATED; "freedom of religion does NOT mean freedom FROM"

and THAT statement is incorrect

however, i'll accept you newer version

2,000 years strong, survived all the wrong done unto them, a candle in a darkened world....

/QUOTE]
Ever stop to think why they had all that "wrong" done to them? It wasn't because they were nice little shop-keepers who fed the hungry.

There's a lot of ways to go so it's hard for me to pick a party or ideal as a catch all.
I've taken a number of those online test, just for fun, and I end up with the Reform Party, or a right of center, far north libertarian. None of it made any sense.

Fiscally conservative
Constitutionally conservative
Family conservative/Constitution
Religion, keep it out of politics, no one was ever scared by seeing another person pray in school, It's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays. It's freedom of religion, not from religion
Socially moderate, I just don't care what you do in your house as long as everyone in the house is old enough to consent.

I'm sure there's more. Ask if you want specifics.

"It's freedom of religion, not from religion"

so you think you have the right to FORCE people to believe in god?

how would you punish atheists?
death?

What an incredibly stupid thing to accuse me of.

Where did I even imply "force peple to believe in god?" First; Which one? Then Why.
There's at least 3 gods with major followings. Then there's the tree huggers, American Indains, Hindus, buddist, taoist, etc, etc.

Like I said; It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion.

No one has ever been hurt seeing someone else pray.

You have forgotten how peer pressure is in school?
There is praying and there is organized praying. Quite a difference in a school setting.

Forum List

Back