Ideological spectrum/party affiliation, where do u stand?

wkfclz.png

158/400 on the thinkprogress quiz

wkfclz.png

158/400 on the thinkprogress quiz

Yeah that kinda nails down my point above. The test over at the Center for American Progress can't put you on the political spectrum anywhere really or guide you to literature to help confirm or deny your beliefs. It's just a wonky standard of their own design based on whatever they think Proggressivism actually is.

2,000 years strong, survived all the wrong done unto them, a candle in a darkened world....

/QUOTE]
Ever stop to think why they had all that "wrong" done to them? It wasn't because they were nice little shop-keepers who fed the hungry.

Duh. Ever wondered why they make such convenient scape goats?

No rational reason really, they're an efficient, usually polite, decent people.

The answer is a mix of irrational racism, misplaced blame IE they're being framed for the murder of their King, (Jesus) by radical Catholic ethinic groups like the Irish and Italians for example.

The rest of the reason you can easily find if you pick up a Bible.

"It's freedom of religion, not from religion"

so you think you have the right to FORCE people to believe in god?

how would you punish atheists?
death?

What an incredibly stupid thing to accuse me of.

Where did I even imply "force peple to believe in god?" First; Which one? Then Why.
There's at least 3 gods with major followings. Then there's the tree huggers, American Indains, Hindus, buddist, taoist, etc, etc.

Like I said; It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion.

No one has ever been hurt seeing someone else pray.

You have forgotten how peer pressure is in school?
There is praying and there is organized praying. Quite a difference in a school setting.

And I'm fine with either. As long as a public school doesn't set aside time specifically for prayer.

Peer pressure, hahaha, uhm yeah. I went to church with my "damn she's hot I wish she was my girlfriend" and discovered just how batshitcrazy pentecostals are. You have not seen a fire and brimstone sermone untill you've seen a pentecostal sermon.

What an incredibly stupid thing to accuse me of.

Where did I even imply "force peple to believe in god?" First; Which one? Then Why.
There's at least 3 gods with major followings. Then there's the tree huggers, American Indains, Hindus, buddist, taoist, etc, etc.

Like I said; It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion.

No one has ever been hurt seeing someone else pray.

There is praying and there is organized praying. Quite a difference in a school setting.

And I'm fine with either. As long as a public school doesn't set aside time specifically for prayer.

Peer pressure, hahaha, uhm yeah. I went to church with my "damn she's hot I wish she was my girlfriend" and discovered just how batshitcrazy pentecostals are. You have not seen a fire and brimstone sermone untill you've seen a pentecostal sermon.

I was raised up in the Assembly Of God denomination (palins Church) A holy roller church with speaking in tongues, staggering around falling down, etc.

funny, they would say the same words and translate it differently.

I was raised up in the Assembly Of God denomination (palins Church) A holy roller church with speaking in tongues, staggering around falling down, etc.

funny, they would say the same words and translate it differently.

yeeaahh, I took the shakers and tongues talkers with an entire salt lick. I never understood why god would turn someone into an epileptic.

"Freedom of Religion" and "Freedom from Religion" mean the same thing....

No, they are not.

'of' means any one gets to practice anything.
'from' means everyone must keep it from everyone else.

Freedom of Religion also allows me to not have other people's religions forced down my throat by the State.

Hense, freedom from religion.

Screw the political spectrum. I am who I am. And I stand for what I believe. I seek after the truth. So whatever is good and right and virtuous and lovely, ill be seeking that.

Kalam rocks.

I was slightly to the right of you, but pretty much the same. We're right in line with the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela.:clap2:

Forum List

Back