Ideological spectrum/party affiliation, where do u stand?

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
I'm curious to see, I aint seen a thread like this yet.

I know I'm on the right, and obviously belong in the GOP, but I struggle to come up with the proper designation for my ideological beliefs.

I'm pretty much half neo-conservative, half Libertarian.

???

I know I'm on the right, and obviously belong in the GOP, but I struggle to come up with the proper designation for my ideological beliefs.

???
Another Neocon who isn't afraid to say they are a Neocon. :thup:

Same here.

I have done so many of the assessments it's not funny... on the 2 axis liberal/conservative authoritarian/libertarian scale, I usually end up about a 5-6 out of 10 on the right/conservative scale and dead in the middle at 0 on the authoritarian/libertarian scale

More conservative on the economic issues... more moderate on the social issues... authoritarian in crime and punishment... and libertarian on individual responsibility

And a strict original intent constitutionalist when it comes to how large govt should be and what government should have it's hands in

I'm an Independent but I lean right.

Fiscally conservative and a capitalist down to my toenails.

???
Another Neocon who isn't afraid to say they are a Neocon. :thup:

Same here.

Thanks. I subscribe to alot of their contemporary positions (Israel, foreign policy, etc) while still wishing for fiscally conservative.

Fiscal conservative liberal humanitarian with a touch of Libertarian thrown in.

You are definitely NOT on the right.

That and I'm struggling with the concept of mixing neoconservatism, which is highly authoritarian as an ideology, with libertarianism. :eusa_eh:

Oh well, we all have our inconsistencies.

Neocon? Me? No way. I am libertarian in my foreign policy views concerning the use of the military and interfering in other nations business.

I am me and there is no way you can fit me into either major pigeonhole.

Fiscal conservative liberal humanitarian with a touch of Libertarian thrown in.

That and I'm struggling with the concept of mixing neoconservatism, which is highly authoritarian as an ideology, with libertarianism. :eusa_eh:

Same here.

Like I'm hell bent on having weed legalized, having the FCC (Fascist Censorship Commission) terminated ASAP, but also don't mind the government wiretapping or tracking however, whoever it can CREDIBLY suspect as terrorist, and militarizing our borders if that's the ONLY way we can truly, finally secure them.

I believe in a "strong" America.

That includes, keeping "foreign Adventurism" to a minimum and includes investing in energy sources that will "remove" NOT "reduce" Americas reliance on foreign anything.

I'm all for a draft. I believe tax rates should be tied to a draft. If you can't be bothered to defend the country that makes you rich, then you should, at the very minimum, "pay" a little restitution for those who do put their lives on the line.

I believe alternate "education" should be funded. Not everyone can be a "professor" or a "scientist". There should be affordable education for carpenters, bricklayers, plumbers and so on.

I'm against all forms of Affirmative Action. And that includes "daddy's connections". No more rich white kids being jumped over thousands more qualified because daddy pulled strings. It should all be about "merit" when it comes to education.

Anyone who makes over a million dollars a year should pay more in taxes. Saying that these people are "job creators" is nonsense. You can't go to every country and make that kind of money. And if they want to keep their money safe, then it's OK to invest in this country.

I would mandate the government spend a certain amount each year to inform Americans. Remember the "Smokey the Bear" segment or "Keep America Clean"? We need more public service announcements. And aim them towards things like "education" and "save" and all kinds of things. I'm sick of this "fear of government". Especially from those on Medicare and Medicaid. Were they born stupid? The government has to combat that nonsense.

I'm for "honesty in media". If a media group promotes a story that turns out to be false, they have to spend EQUAL time explaining why it's false. This would certainly clean up Fox. If they spend 10 hours talking about a 200 million dollar a day trip, they have to spend 10 hours explaining how much the trip actually cost. This would cause networks to verify their facts.

No supernatural or mysticism in public schools.

I can think of a lot more.

That includes, keeping "foreign Adventurism" to a minimum and includes investing in energy sources that will "remove" NOT "reduce" Americas reliance on foreign anything.

I'm all for a draft. I believe tax rates should be tied to a draft. If you can't be bothered to defend the country that makes you rich, then you should, at the very minimum, "pay" a little restitution for those who do put their lives on the line.

I believe alternate "education" should be funded. Not everyone can be a "professor" or a "scientist". There should be affordable education for carpenters, bricklayers, plumbers and so on.

I'm against all forms of Affirmative Action. And that includes "daddy's connections". No more rich white kids being jumped over thousands more qualified because daddy pulled strings. It should all be about "merit" when it comes to education.

Anyone who makes over a million dollars a year should pay more in taxes. Saying that these people are "job creators" is nonsense. You can't go to every country and make that kind of money. And if they want to keep their money safe, then it's OK to invest in this country.

I would mandate the government spend a certain amount each year to inform Americans. Remember the "Smokey the Bear" segment or "Keep America Clean"? We need more public service announcements. And aim them towards things like "education" and "save" and all kinds of things. I'm sick of this "fear of government". Especially from those on Medicare and Medicaid. Were they born stupid? The government has to combat that nonsense.

I'm for "honesty in media". If a media group promotes a story that turns out to be false, they have to spend EQUAL time explaining why it's false. This would certainly clean up Fox. If they spend 10 hours talking about a 200 million dollar a day trip, they have to spend 10 hours explaining how much the trip actually cost. This would cause networks to verify their facts.

You are a brain dead leftist that hates anyone different then you. You routinely lie and misinform. Why pray tell are you ashamed of what you are?

Neocon? Me? No way. I am libertarian in my foreign policy views concerning the use of the military and interfering in other nations business.

I am me and there is no way you can fit me into either major pigeonhole.

Sorry, I misread RGS as speaking of the OP. :redface:

That's what I get for posting on the fly! :lol:

There's a lot of ways to go so it's hard for me to pick a party or ideal as a catch all.
I've taken a number of those online test, just for fun, and I end up with the Reform Party, or a right of center, far north libertarian. None of it made any sense.

Fiscally conservative
Constitutionally conservative
Family conservative/Constitution
Religion, keep it out of politics, no one was ever scared by seeing another person pray in school, It's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays. It's freedom of religion, not from religion
Socially moderate, I just don't care what you do in your house as long as everyone in the house is old enough to consent.

I'm sure there's more. Ask if you want specifics.

I *choke gasp* agree with the underlined.

The rest are rdeanisms

Forum List

Back