Ice Cube will not stop performing "Fuck the Police", and I have no issue with that.

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
While Briebart seems to have an issue with this, I sure the hell don't. Maybe Twitter will shut down is account, just like Milo's got shut down. (Hint, probably not, only conservatives are "bad" when it comes to twitter).

Ice Cube Refuses to Stop Performing 'F*ck the Police' after Cop Shootings - Breitbart

In the wake of recent police shootings in Dallas and Baton Rouge, rapper and actor Ice Cube says he will continue to perform his song “F*ck the Police” at concerts.
Ice Cube was asked by a TMZ photographer whether he had considered halting live performances of the song.

“Naw,” Cube replied.

“You’ll continue to perform it?” the TMZ reporter asks.

“Yeah,” Cube said.

When asked if anyone has pressured him to stop performing the 1988 protest song, originally performed by gangsta rap group N.W.A., Cube said “Pressure? Ain’t nobody said nothing to me.”

Hopefully he doesn't waffle under on this.

I'm sure he won't.

I'm having a hard time getting behind this; have since the song and ones like it came out years ago. I realize it is an anthem to the experience of blacks in the 'hood, but JESUS!

Just one of the gems in "Fuck the Police"

I'm a sniper with a hell of a scope
Taking out a cop or two, they can't cope with me
The motherfucking villain that's mad
With potential, to get bad as fuck
So I'ma turn it around
Put in my clip, yo, and this is the sound
[BOOM, BOOM] Yeah, something like that
but it all depends on the size of the gat
Taking out a police, would make my day

Sounds to me more like threats of violence, a well expressed wish to kill cops. I've always had a hard time getting behind some of the shit that gets spewed at white supremacist rallies and websites, too. I keep TRYING to accept it all as freedom of speech, but really? Does anyone think that haters at each end of the spectrum don't influence others?

While Briebart seems to have an issue with this, I sure the hell don't. Maybe Twitter will shut down is account, just like Milo's got shut down. (Hint, probably not, only conservatives are "bad" when it comes to twitter).

Ice Cube Refuses to Stop Performing 'F*ck the Police' after Cop Shootings - Breitbart

In the wake of recent police shootings in Dallas and Baton Rouge, rapper and actor Ice Cube says he will continue to perform his song “F*ck the Police” at concerts.
Ice Cube was asked by a TMZ photographer whether he had considered halting live performances of the song.

“Naw,” Cube replied.

“Yeah,” Cube said.

When asked if anyone has pressured him to stop performing the 1988 protest song, originally performed by gangsta rap group N.W.A., Cube said “Pressure? Ain’t nobody said nothing to me.”

You mean people actually pay to hear the bastard sing fuck the police? There are some really dumb assed people in the world.

“Naw,” Cube replied.

“Yeah,” Cube said.

You mean people actually pay to hear the bastard sing fuck the police? There are some really dumb assed people in the world.

He's made a lot of money based on his performances, so yeah, they do.

“Naw,” Cube replied.

“Yeah,” Cube said.

He's made a lot of money based on his performances, so yeah, they do.
Like I said. Dumb assed people.

He made that song after BLM increased the rhetoric! Wait, this just in....this song is almost 30 years old. We've just confirmed that BLM has been around since 1988!

More up at the top of the hour on Fox and Friends

Marty, can you help me get behind your stance?

Free speech is free speech, that's the only real reason behind my view.

People pay to see him sing this, if they didn't like it, they would stop going. It does resonate with a portion of the public, and has for some time.

People are free to ask him not to play, and he is free to tell them to fuck off, people are free also to not see his concerts (and that isn't happening).

A person that only supports speech they agree with does not support free speech.

People pay to see him sing this, if they didn't like it, they would stop going. It does resonate with a portion of the public, and has for some time.

People are free to ask him not to play, and he is free to tell them to fuck off, people are free also to not see his concerts (and that isn't happening).

A person that only supports speech they agree with does not support free speech.
I listen to lots of speech I don't agree with and I don't think it should be stopped because I don't like it. To me there's a line, though, and both sides have been allowed to step over it. IMO. It's hard to get and keep a thread going about freedom of speech. Turns into a partisan hate fest, as above already is.

“Naw,” Cube replied.

“Yeah,” Cube said.

One reason I don't listen to that thug. He is free to sing it, I am free not to listen to it.

Wait Cube is actually taking time away from his YA movies to do concerts? He's a washed out actor and rapper. It's time for retirement

I listen to lots of speech I don't agree with and I don't think it should be stopped because I don't like it. To me there's a line, though, and both sides have been allowed to step over it. IMO. It's hard to get and keep a thread going about freedom of speech. Turns into a partisan hate fest, as above already is.

The line gets crossed when one side tries to surpress the other's speech, not by the speech itself.

Forum List

Back