I Would Never Pay For My Kid To Attend A College -

Yeah, it should be like a military camp, no thinking involved at all. I mean, it's not like educations should be encouraging thinking in any way at all. China has it right, just pump out fucking robots.

Nah, you can protest all you want, scream all you want. Just don't get in the way of the administrative flow, or other students' opportunities to gain an education, or cause damages.

If you do, you're expelled, simple as that. No refund, no tickee, no washee.

Frankly, students should be so mired down with curriculum work they don't have time for such puerile nonsense.

Yeah, it should be like a military camp, no thinking involved at all. I mean, it's not like educations should be encouraging thinking in any way at all. China has it right, just pump out fucking robots.

Nah, you can protest all you want, scream all you want. Just don't get in the way of the administrative flow, or other students' opportunities to gain an education, or cause damages.

Frankly, students should be so mired down with curriculum work they don't have time for such puerile nonsense.

You do realize why people protest, right? It's the change things.

Yes, again, you're thinking along the lines of China, where they produce robots. Kids who are so tired by the time they're 12 that all creativity is knocked out of them.

Yes, again, you're thinking along the lines of China, where they produce robots. Kids who are so tired by the time they're 12 that all creativity is knocked out of them.

You want to change something? Go through the legal process to change it.

Otherwise, pound sand.

I was kept extremely busy in my school years. It only increased my creativity, because the education I received gave me material from which to draw inspiration.

Otherwise, pound sand.

I was kept extremely busy in my school years. It only increased my creativity, because the education I received gave me material from which to draw inspiration.

But this isn't always the case. Do you honestly think everyone is exactly the same as you?

Otherwise, pound sand.

But this isn't always the case. Do you honestly think everyone is exactly the same as you?

Most teachers these days like to claim they teach critical thinking. One cannot think critically unless there is some within one's skull to think critically about.

And no. There is no one like me. Anywhere. :laugh:

images

So much for higher education.

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

Otherwise, pound sand.

Ditto. I can't imagine having the spare time these "students" have to be staging all these protests, sit-ins etc. Maybe their Poli-Sci professors are giving them extra credit for being activists.

Otherwise, pound sand.

Most teachers these days like to claim they teach critical thinking. One cannot think critically unless there is some within one's skull to think critically about.

Critical thinking isn't easy to teach, also it needs to be directed. This takes a lot of planning and effort, this is why people group together to make things better... problem is in the US people always then get suspicious of grouping together and end up making sure it doesn't happen.

Otherwise, pound sand.

Critical thinking isn't easy to teach

It is unarguably easy to teach, so long as you give students something to think critically about, as opposed to telling them what they must think.

Otherwise, pound sand.

Critical thinking isn't easy to teach, also it needs to be directed. This takes a lot of planning and effort, this is why people group together to make things better... problem is in the US people always then get suspicious of grouping together and end up making sure it doesn't happen.
What you are describing is group think, which to me is the opposite of critical thinking. Critical thinking is the process of an individual making objective evaluations on issues based on facts regardless of peer pressure or professorial direction.

Otherwise, pound sand.

It is unarguably easy to teach, so long as you give students something to think critically about, as opposed to telling them what they must think.

So you've never tried it then? It's always the way, those who don't teach think it's easy. Those who don't understand the problems.

Otherwise, pound sand.

What you are describing is group think, which to me is the opposite of critical thinking. Critical thinking is the process of an individual making objective evaluations on issues based on facts regardless of peer pressure or professorial direction.

No, I'm not talking about group thinking at all. I'm talking about how you take an average teacher and make them be able to teach something they themselves might not be that good at.

No sweat off my back. If some college wants to change at the whims of the students, let em. What do I care. Let's see the education those kids get, are they prepared to become productive citizens upon graduation? If they aren't then the value of the education provided by that school will be devalued, and people won't pay to go there, but hey, they'll have a building with a neat o paint job.

Otherwise, pound sand.

So you've never tried it then? It's always the way, those who don't teach think it's easy. Those who don't understand the problems.

images

While you that you're capable of critical thinking and being able to teach such a thing to students who might disagree with your viewpoint once they reach a conclusion?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

No sweat off my back. If some college wants to change at the whims of the students, let em. What do I care. Let's see the education those kids get, are they prepared to become productive citizens upon graduation? If they aren't then the value of the education provided by that school will be devalued, and people won't pay to go there, but hey, they'll have a building with a neat o paint job.

Do you know how many doors have opened to me, simply because I had a degree. It's crazy.

ep_chart_001.png

Those who have less than high school are fare more likely to earn less and more likely to be unemployed. It's quite simple really, the more educated you are, the more you're going to earn.

Forum List

Back