I Wonder If Any President Will Be Able Get Out Of The Mess Jimmy Carter Created In The Middle East.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I do think it is interesting how the left blame BOOOOOOOSH for everything. Especially the problems in the middle east.

Don't you think it is funny how the liberals think there were never problems with the middle east and the US prior to BOOOOOOSH?

No, this can actually be traced to Jimmy Carter. That is the actual truth.

Radical Islam became a global force in 1979, when it captured its first major state, Iran. Before that, radical organizations such as the Muslim Brotherhood were fighting losing battles to overthrow their local governments. This changed with the success of the Khomeini regime in Iran. The Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini was the first Muslim leader to describe the U.S. as the "Great Satan" and to counsel martyrdom and jihad against it. Iran continues to be a model for radical Muslims.

Khomeini's ascent to power was aided by Carter's policies. Carter came into office stressing his support for human rights. His advisors told him that he could not consistently support the shah of Iran, who had secret police and was widely accused of violating human rights. The administration began to withdraw its support and finally pulled the rug out from under the shah, forcing him to step down.

The result was Khomeini, whose regime was vastly more tyrannical than the shah's. The Khomeini revolution provided state sponsorship for Islamic radicalism and terrorism and paved the way for Osama bin Laden and 9/11.

Articles Jimmy Carter s Human Rights Disaster in Iran

Yes, everything that is going wrong in the world is the result of democrats/liberals.

They've been fighting in the ME for over 2000 years. No one is going to change anything...Least of all an american president.

Putting in dictators (Dulles), supporting them to the point of idiocy (Nixon and Reagan, Booosh and Maliki is how we got to this point. Obama is back on the democracy and human rights track that will always be the correct way forward...

Trying to do it in another Pub world depression is damn difficult- not to mention in a never ending tidal wave of negative bs propaganda, but this is progress, messy as it is. At the least, we're no longer losing American soldiers. And the ME is getting more and more sick to death of dictators and fundie terrorists....Try and remain calm, like our "calmest ever president"....

hyperpartisans are amusing.

Anyway, even though they have been at war for so long, (islam started in 632ad) a jihad was declared by the ayatola (however you spell it) and that was a result of the overthrow of the sha of Iran. Iran then became enemies of the US so we became allies with Iraq. Hey, we were once allies with Stalin (liberal commie god) who murdered 3 to 4 times mote citizens as Hitler.

The point is this jihad against America is traced to when the first jihad was declared. That was a direct result of Carters policy.

It may be partisan, but it is a fact nevertheless.

Anyway, even though they have been at war for so long, (islam started in 632ad) a jihad was declared by the ayatola (however you spell it) and that was a result of the overthrow of the sha of Iran. Iran then became enemies of the US so we became allies with Iraq. Hey, we were once allies with Stalin (liberal commie god) who murdered 3 to 4 times mote citizens as Hitler.

The point is this jihad against America is traced to when the first jihad was declared. That was a direct result of Carters policy.

I wasn't talking specifically about you...My apologies for being unclear.

Yes, you're right..our policies have helped keep the ME destabilized...to our disadvantage and israels advantage....

The shah was a brutal dictator but as long as he kept iran under control he was ok..We gave him whatever weapons and intel he needed.
Then the iranians threw him out and he ran to the u.s.. That pissed them off and they took our embassy and hostages...and they held them until reagans inauguration day...They knew reagan wasn't someone to mess with...So now iran has gone rogue..No problem We have Saddam Hussein in the bullpen.

Saddam was our guy in Iraq..We gave him whatever weapons and intel he needed...as long as he was killing iranians for us and keeping iraq under control, he was ok.

the mujahideen were our guys in afghan.We gave them whatever weapons and intel they needed...as long as they were killing the russian invaders, they were ok.

Now we're arming former enemies to go fight our "new" enemies...again....insanity...everybody just change sides and continue as before.

They have been fighting in the ME for over 2000 years. Long before carter...Doesn't matter who is president. It isn't going to change.

They've been fighting in the middle east since the Earth cooled but the problem is modern weapons so the world can't afford to sit idly by. I'm not ME expert but I think a lot of the problem in Iraq is how it was combined from three major groups that don't get along. It was three regions and maybe it needs to go back to that.

The Middle East will be a mess for at least another thousand years. First the colonial empires divided everything, and encouraged social strife, then after the Brits and such were kicked America filled the void. But it didn't work, and the ME is just as messed up as when America came in.

Each time some left wing hack brings up Bush being the reason we are still having problems in Iraq, let them know all about Carter and his policies having caused all of it.

While we already know there have been wars going on in that region with muslims since 632AD, they declared jihad with America as result of Carter policies.

So, in review.

Who caused all of the problems America is having with the muslims (Iraq and Iran specifically)?

So now the spin is "these stupid democrats are making a mess in the middle east".

Saying the mess in the ME is Carter's fault is ignoring the history that went way back into the 1940s & 50s and American's meddling in ME affairs even then for oil.

So now the spin is "these stupid democrats are making a mess in the middle east".

Saying the mess in the ME is Carter's fault is ignoring the history that went way back into the 1940s & 50s and American's meddling in ME affairs even then for oil.
Hi cliche filled moron. "Oil"

The first jihad was due to Carter and had nothing to do with oil.

Last edited:

I wasn't talking specifically about you...My apologies for being unclear.

Yes, you're right..our policies have helped keep the ME destabilized...to our disadvantage and israels advantage....

The shah was a brutal dictator but as long as he kept iran under control he was ok..We gave him whatever weapons and intel he needed.
Then the iranians threw him out and he ran to the u.s.. That pissed them off and they took our embassy and hostages...and they held them until reagans inauguration day...They knew reagan wasn't someone to mess with...So now iran has gone rogue..No problem We have Saddam Hussein in the bullpen.

Saddam was our guy in Iraq..We gave him whatever weapons and intel he needed...as long as he was killing iranians for us and keeping iraq under control, he was ok.

the mujahideen were our guys in afghan.We gave them whatever weapons and intel they needed...as long as they were killing the russian invaders, they were ok.

Now we're arming former enemies to go fight our "new" enemies...again....insanity...everybody just change sides and continue as before.

They have been fighting in the ME for over 2000 years. Long before carter...Doesn't matter who is president. It isn't going to change.

Yeah. He's sorry you thought he was insulting you and he'd like to now kiss your ass a little.

Forum List

Back