I want a logical argument from the left for why this man's point of view is wrong.

Immigration from shitholes is not supposed to reduce world poverty, but increase US poverty. Only way democrats can have some votes.

That it does well.

It's a 6 minute long video. Watch the whole thing.

I've never heard the argument that letting people into the US will reduce world poverty.

But hey.

The point is the left convinces us to let in millions of people every year, mistakenly believing they are making some kind of humanitarian difference. Instead all they're really doing is making it harder for Americans, and at a time when things are already hard for Americans. It's truly heartbreaking that so many struggle, but we can't save them; it's impossible. We can't even save most or even a lot of them. There are too many people and our little bubble of prosperity is not big enough for everybody. So I guess your choices are to enjoy your way of life and accept that you are privileged and extremely lucky, or feel guilty for what you have and attempt to mitigate that guild by burdening America for no logical reason.

Last edited:

That's exactly six minutes longer than I'm going to invest. If you can't articulate your own point -- you ain't got one.

Unfortunately I lack the useful visuals shown in the video. It really does a good job of putting things into perspective. If you're not interested in learning then I guess that's your loss.

not this shit again

:lol:

I've never heard anyone say allowing immigrants would reduce world poverty. Where did that goober come up with such a dumb idea? He hasn't built a straw man. He built a gumball man. Is this all RWNJs have to spend their time on?

Why do we let in millions of people annually if we're not actually making a humanitarian difference? It certainly has a very real impact on our economy.

I try never to watch 6 minute videos of anybody who looks remotely like the guy in that video. It hasn't depleted my life in any way to follow this rule. The potential harm such a fucktart like that could do me (should I be stupid enough to click the play button) in 6 minutes far outweighs any possible positive result. Because there is no possible positive result.

That's a nice excuse for not watching the video. I'll add it to the list I guess. In reality you are just as adverse to the possibility of learning something new as the people you oft criticize.

not this shit again

I've never heard anyone say allowing immigrants would reduce world poverty. Where did that goober come up with such a dumb idea? He hasn't built a straw man. He built a gumball man. Is this all RWNJs have to spend their time on?
Then WHAT is the purpose of allowing a MILLION Turd World immigrants into this country? How does THIS country benefit?..And aren't you TEYING to benefit Mexico by taking away THEIR burden by taking in THEIR poorest of the poor?

No. That is not the purpose. Beyond the humanitarian purpose of helping the refugees, it helps us.
In 2017, Trump ordered a study by Health and Human Services to determine the cost of refugees. When the result showed that refugees brought 63 billion more in government revenue over the last decade than they cost, he had the release of the study blocked.

Trump administration officials reject report on refugees: report
BY REBECCA SAVRANSKY - 09/19/17 07:21 AM EDT

not this shit again

Then WHAT is the purpose of allowing a MILLION Turd World immigrants into this country? How does THIS country benefit?..And aren't you TEYING to benefit Mexico by taking away THEIR burden by taking in THEIR poorest of the poor?

No. That is not the purpose. Beyond the humanitarian purpose of helping the refugees, it helps us.
In 2017, Trump ordered a study by Health and Human Services to determine the cost of refugees. When the result showed that refugees brought 63 billion more in government revenue over the last decade than they cost, he had the release of the study blocked.

BY REBECCA SAVRANSKY - 09/19/17 07:21 AM EDT

That study basically says that they buy some stuff and pay sales tax on it. No shit? That doesn't mean letting a million or more in every year is good for our economy or the average American.

Sorry
Not willing to waste six minutes on a propaganda video

What point are you trying to make that justifies separating children from their parents

If you don't separate the brown gumball kids from the brown gumball parents -- how can we ever protect the really tasty appropriately colored gumballs??

I try never to watch 6 minute videos of anybody who looks remotely like the guy in that video. It hasn't depleted my life in any way to follow this rule. The potential harm such a fucktart like that could do me (should I be stupid enough to click the play button) in 6 minutes far outweighs any possible positive result. Because there is no possible positive result.

That's a nice excuse for not watching the video. I'll add it to the list I guess. In reality you are just as adverse to the possibility of learning something new as the people you oft criticize.

heh you said oft

Fine I'll watch it.

Maybe just one earbud, and I'll make coffee at the same time.

Not willing

six minutes

Join the club of open minded people that refuse to watch a 6 minute video.

What point are you trying to make that justifies separating children from their parents

It would have happened more than it did under Obama if he had been enforcing the law like Trump is. We have border laws, and people are breaking those border laws. When they are arrested their kids can't go to jail with them, so they have to be sent somewhere. The whole narrative that these are a bunch of asylum seekers is nonsense. If you cross the border illegally you are an illegal immigrant. We have places where legitimate asylum seekers can go to get processed without being thrown in jail.

Fine I'll watch it.

I'm sure you won't be fond of what he's saying and what it implies, but that doesn't make it wrong or not worth hearing out. Being willing to entertain thoughts without accepting them is a key part of being an intellectual.

Fine I'll watch it.

I'm sure you won't be fond of what he's saying and what it implies, but that doesn't make it wrong or not worth hearing out. Being willing to entertain thoughts without accepting them is a key part of being an intellectual.
It is wrong, and it's not worth wasting time listening to. False premise from the first two minutes.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

I've never heard the argument that letting people into the US will reduce world poverty.

But hey.

The point is the left convinces us to let in millions of people every year, mistakenly assuming they are making some kind of humanitarian difference. Instead all they're really doing is making it harder for Americans, and at a time when things are already hard for Americans. It's truly heartbreaking that so many struggle, but we can't save them; it's impossible. We can't even save most or even a lot of them. There are too many people and our little bubble of prosperity is not big enough for everybody. So I guess your choices are to enjoy your way of life and accept that you are privileged and extremely lucky, or feel guilty for what you have and attempt to mitigate that guild by burdening America for no logical reason.

Nonsense.

But hey.

The point is the left convinces us to let in millions of people every year, mistakenly assuming they are making some kind of humanitarian difference. Instead all they're really doing is making it harder for Americans, and at a time when things are already hard for Americans. It's truly heartbreaking that so many struggle, but we can't save them; it's impossible. We can't even save most or even a lot of them. There are too many people and our little bubble of prosperity is not big enough for everybody. So I guess your choices are to enjoy your way of life and accept that you are privileged and extremely lucky, or feel guilty for what you have and attempt to mitigate that guild by burdening America for no logical reason.

Nonsense.

Good response from another left wing intellectual.

Forum List

Back