I visited the border between Israel and Lebanon today

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic

The border is shut tight because what is on the border is Hesbolah. The border you can see is about 20’ with the road shut down l.

There is a cable car to the bottom of the hill. You can look at some pretty ocean and rock formations. There is a restaurant and a souvenir store. Sort of like having a souvenir store at aremeggedon.

The border is shut tight because what is on the border is Hesbolah. The border you can see is about 20’ with the road shut down l.

There is a cable car to the bottom of the hill. You can look at some pretty ocean and rock formations. There is a restaurant and a souvenir store. Sort of like having a souvenir store at aremeggedon.

There is a reason for it being a tourist attraction. Would love to hear about it.

Humans can adapt to any environment. Israelis are happy because they have adapted their culture around their security. I, am not an Israeli. As such, I would find it a bit uneasy to be surrounded by barbed wire, gun nests and security checkpoints.

Humans can adapt to any environment. Israelis are happy because they have adapted their culture around their security. I, am not an Israeli. As such, I would find it a bit uneasy to be surrounded by barbed wire, gun nests and security checkpoints.
Thank you. You have made it clear that you do not have the proper information about Israel and you are simply assuming things based on what you may have read.

How times have changed! When I visited the Israel-Lebanon border in 1981, it was known as the Good Fence at that time, because of the peaceful relations Israel had with Lebanon.

Last edited:

It's absolutely beautiful. :biggrin:
Thank you!

Sure, you saw that there on the border with Lebanon, but it is not at all like that throughout the country. I've been there twice myself.

Big risk there to travel to the Israel-Lebanon border. Glad you made it back.

Risk? What risk?
Back from where?
He's still in Israel.

What is the risk? I have been there myself.

One does not go there by oneself. As I said, it is a tourism stop and it is very safe to go there. If there was any risk, no one would be allowed to go and it would be closed.

This is the place he is talking about:

Rosh Hanikra Tourist Site

Rosh Hanikra: one of the north of Israel's true natural marvels!

Sure, you saw that there on the border with Lebanon, but it is not at all like that throughout the country. I've been there twice myself.
I do not doubt that at all. Israelis (those that I have met) seem to be nice folks. However, unless for employment related reasons, I can foresee absolutely no reason to travel there. Not on my own dime anyway.

How times have changed! When I visited the Israel-Lebanon border in 1981, it was known as the Good Fence at that time, because of the peaceful relations Israel had with Lebanon.

That's what happens when Christians become the minority. Muslims NEVER make good housemates, let alone good neighbors.

Forum List

Back