I understand now -- It's NOT a tax!

When they penalize us 15% of our income for not buying an approved health insurance policy, it's not a tax.

Although they will use the IRS to enforce this, and this penalty will show up on our tax bill, it's not a tax.

It's simply money the government takes from us, and keeps.

See? Not a tax! I get it!

So then, you believe in staying with what we have now?
Never said anything like that. In fact, just the opposite.
Where people just don't bother to get health insurance, but instead steal taxpayer money to get fixed up in the hospital?
The LAW says indigent people get emergency health care. No one's against that, and it's been the law for decades.
I see this as a "Fee", not a tax
It doesn't matter what you "see" it as, the bill calls it a tax. It is administered by the IRS. It is enforced under the tax code. It is a tax.

Only Obama and his willing liar minions call it something other than a tax.

Determine your cost of a healthcare plan, but instead of purchasing it, open an HSA (Health Savings Account) at your bank and put the cost of your policy in that account every month. All funds used for health care are deductible on your taxes. Any not used in any one year is taxable. If you live to 90 and never use health care the money is yours. No Government plan. No insurance company. Your money.

By the way, if you are worried about catastropic illness or accident, you can by a policy for that pretty cheap.

Well, MM...where's your 15%?

You realize that 2.5% is less than what we now have taken out of our checks for Medicare, right?

The more you guys rail against this, the better it sounds.

Determine your cost of a healthcare plan, but instead of purchasing it, open an HSA (Health Savings Account) at your bank and put the cost of your policy in that account every month. All funds used for health care are deductible on your taxes. Any not used in any one year is taxable. If you live to 90 and never use health care the money is yours. No Government plan. No insurance company. Your money.
Yeah, Bush's idea. What a stupid thing it was...

You realize that 2.5% is less than what we now have taken out of our checks for Medicare, right?

Clearly you failed to read the bills. There's that and also the little fine print, "up to" 15%.

But, you're okay with forcing people to buy "approved" health insurance, or face an extra tax, a $25,000 fine or jail time? And at the same time think it's the REPUBLICANS in bed with "big insurance?" I don't see any repug bills mandating the purchase of insurance. I probably should invest heavily in those right now! Clearly they're going to be getting really rich off this for awhile.

Yeah, Bush's idea. What a stupid thing it was...
Really? How about a credible source for that?

Clearly you failed to read the bills. There's that and also the little fine print, "up to" 15%.

But, you're okay with forcing people to buy "approved" health insurance, or face an extra tax, a $25,000 fine or jail time? And at the same time think it's the REPUBLICANS in bed with "big insurance?" I don't see any repug bills mandating the purchase of insurance. I probably should invest heavily in those right now! Clearly they're going to be getting really rich off this for awhile.

I searched the text of HR 3200 for the following:

15%
fifteen
up to
$25,000

There was nothing that backs up your claims.

Forum List

Back