I understand now -- It's NOT a tax!

Because you are a sloppy, lazy thinker, and rely on wallowing in the mud and spewing rehearsed, pat talking points that have been debunked over and over. Like a viewer of a sci-fi or horror movie, you have willingly suspended your intellect to enjoy the Obama cult worship.Yes, it stands as an example of typical, predictable, abject stupidity, dishonesty and ignorance you specialize in.
Methinks you are the sloppy thinker. Where are you getting this 15% and 15% of what?

If it is 15% of the premium you should have paid, it's still a bargain. I see that in MA it is a penalty of $900 a year for not purchasing insurance. If you are such a leech that you're going to fuck everyone over by not having insurance and still getting treated at the ER then $900 is a small price to pay. It is in fact an effort to make deadbeats participate...something usually dear to the heart of a conservative. Except when it isn't because the conservative is a hypocrite.

Cry me a river you phony.
It's 15% of your income, that's the extra tax if you don't buy health insurance. It's not my fault you don't bother actually reading posts, and not my fault your reading comprehension is fourth grade level. It's in both bills. It's federal. It's in addition to whatever a state might have.

If you don't pay the extra? They can lock you up in jail for a year. Does that make sense? It costs $56,000 a year per inmate, to house, feed, clothe and provide medical care in prison.

Would it be state jail? County? Who's gonna pick up that tab? Would it be Federal? Our tax dollars at work!

Prisons and jails already overcrowded, court systems clogged and backlogged, and you want to throw people in there for a year because they don't want to buy insurance? If the person has a coronary in prison, gonna cost potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat him anyway!

This bullshit will be challenged in court, and inevitably struck down. It's unconstitutional. Doesn't this waste upset you in the least?

Wake the fuck up, and let your honest injun out of the cage you put him in since Obamamania started, mmmk?

I bet the Fed's just dump the cost on the States again. Why? Because They Can?

Methinks you are the sloppy thinker. Where are you getting this 15% and 15% of what?

If it is 15% of the premium you should have paid, it's still a bargain. I see that in MA it is a penalty of $900 a year for not purchasing insurance. If you are such a leech that you're going to fuck everyone over by not having insurance and still getting treated at the ER then $900 is a small price to pay. It is in fact an effort to make deadbeats participate...something usually dear to the heart of a conservative. Except when it isn't because the conservative is a hypocrite.

It's 15% of your income, that's the extra tax if you don't buy health insurance. It's not my fault you don't bother actually reading posts, and not my fault your reading comprehension is fourth grade level. It's in both bills. It's federal. It's in addition to whatever a state might have.

If you don't pay the extra? They can lock you up in jail for a year. Does that make sense? It costs $56,000 a year per inmate, to house, feed, clothe and provide medical care in prison.

Would it be state jail? County? Who's gonna pick up that tab? Would it be Federal? Our tax dollars at work!

Prisons and jails already overcrowded, court systems clogged and backlogged, and you want to throw people in there for a year because they don't want to buy insurance? If the person has a coronary in prison, gonna cost potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat him anyway!

This bullshit will be challenged in court, and inevitably struck down. It's unconstitutional. Doesn't this waste upset you in the least?

Wake the fuck up, and let your honest injun out of the cage you put him in since Obamamania started, mmmk?

I bet the Fed's just dump the cost on the States again. Why? Because They Can?
Actually there's whole section in the bill that allows them to take your property in lieu of a fine or jail time. Guess what happens to your property after they seize it?

ACORN gets it, for low income housing!

If you don't have property and can't pay the $25,000 fine, it's off to JAIL for ya!

It is in fact an effort to make deadbeats participate...something usually dear to the heart of a conservative. Except when it isn't because the conservative is a hypocrite.
Idiot, I have told you and everyone else here many times, I am NOT a conservative and I VOTED FOR Obama! And I've told you and everyone else WHY I did.

You not only don't bother keeping different posters straight, you also don't take mental note of where they stand on the political scale.

I am not a conservative! I am not a republican! I voted FOR Obama!

Get that through your thick, puss-infected skull you fucking dimwit. Keep a fucking scorecard if your intellect and memory is so fucking faulty. Do Something.

We are still waiting for you to back up your post, Ravi.
When they penalize us 15% of our income for not buying an approved health insurance policy, it's not a tax.

Although they will use the IRS to enforce this, and this penalty will show up on our tax bill, it's not a tax.

It's simply money the government takes from us, and keeps.

See? Not a tax! I get it!
Aren't you the fuckwit that spent last week trying to convince us that fees and penalties weren't taxes?

Oh, yeah!

It's classified as a penalty, if it even exists, because you can appeal a penalty but you cannot appeal a tax. In other words, if you can make your case the penalty will be waived.

Also, aren't you the fuckwit that wanted to tax the poor and spent another week trying to convince us that we should?

Oh, yeah!

Guess what, if you are talking about a 15% penalty at medicare rates, if you make $100,000 per year...and even paying the employee/employer portion of medicare...your "penalty" would be a whopping $435. EVEN at 10 times that it would be $4350...and for your "penalty" you'd easily recoup your losses from just one emergency room visit. A sweet little tax on the poor, fuckwit.

Have I called you a fuckwit lately? I must be slipping.
[Emphasis mine] 15% at medicare rates? Source, please.

Because you are a sloppy, lazy thinker, and rely on wallowing in the mud and spewing rehearsed, pat talking points that have been debunked over and over. Like a viewer of a sci-fi or horror movie, you have willingly suspended your intellect to enjoy the Obama cult worship.Yes, it stands as an example of typical, predictable, abject stupidity, dishonesty and ignorance you specialize in.

:cuckoo: You're getting your information from a supposedly handwritten letter posted on a blog.

:cuckoo: You're getting your information from a supposedly handwritten letter posted on a blog.
Wrong again! I am getting it from the BILLS. READ them!

Politico is a blog? last I checked it's a news organization that is pretty respected. POLITICO - POLITICO.com <---- Here's their staff page.

Their story about the handwritten letter is what I assume you're referencing. But one doesn't need that confirmation, because it's IN THE BILL. It's also in section 7203 of the United States Tax Code.

If the handwritten note isn't true, why are neither Tom Barthold or John Ensign debunking it?

There's no way around the Tax Code. And there's no way around this crap being in BOTH BILLS. It just is what it is.

And another reason they tried to bumrush this through before the August recess.

Show me where it is in the bills.
Both places where it is in both bills were linked here previously.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1561180-post34.html

Ame®icano;1561180 said:
PART 1--INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.

(a) In General- Subchapter A of chapter 1 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new part:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘PART VIII--HEALTH CARE RELATED TAXES

‘subpart a. tax on individuals without acceptable health care coverage.

‘Subpart A--Tax on Individuals Without Acceptable Health Care Coverage

‘Sec. 59B. Tax on individuals without acceptable health care coverage.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.

‘(a) Tax Imposed- In the case of any individual who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of-- ...
H.R.3200

Excise Tax. The consequence for not maintaining insurance would be an excise tax. If a taxpayer‘s MAGI is between 100-300 percent of FPL, the excise tax for failing to obtain coverage for an individual in a taxpayer unit (either as a taxpayer or an individual claimed as a dependent) is $750 per year. However, the maximum penalty for the taxpayer unit is $1,500. If a taxpayer‘s MAGI is above 300 percent of FPL the penalty for failing to obtain coverage for an individual in a taxpayer unit (either as a taxpayer or as an individual claimed as a dependent) is $950 year. However, the maximum penalty amount a family above 300 percent of FPL would pay is $3,800.

The excise tax would apply for any period for which the individual is not covered by a health insurance plan with the minimum required benefit but would be prorated for partial years of noncompliance. The excise tax would be assessed through the tax code and applied as an additional amount of Federal tax owed. No excise tax will be assessed for individuals not maintaining health insurance for a period less than or equal to three months in the tax year. However, assessed excise taxes for those not insured for more than three months include the entire duration the individual was uninsured during the tax year.
Baucus bill, page 32

Ame®icano;1562687 said:

Sorry, Midnight... It's not a tax.
Are you being facetious? I think we have established it IS a tax.

It looks like a tax.

It sounds like a tax.

It's called a tax. (By everyone except Obama and his mindless minions)

It's enforced via the tax code.

It's a tax!

Ame®icano;1562687 said:

It looks like a tax.

It sounds like a tax.

It's called a tax.

That's the so called logic that some in the thread are using. And to think some of these people have jobs. Amazing.
I think (hope) most people recognize my OP here WAS facetious.

Can't tell if Americano is being facetious or not at this point! :badgrin:

Ame®icano;1562687 said:
It looks like a tax.

It sounds like a tax.

It's called a tax.

That's the so called logic that some in the thread are using. And to think some of these people have jobs. Amazing.

He was being facetious. I knew what you were doing Midnight. I was speaking about Ravi, Polk, and anyone else I missed.

He was being facetious. I knew what you were doing Midnight. I was speaking about Ravi, Polk, and anyone else I missed.
Clickme: Obama wants to be clear.

Ame®icano;1561180 said:
H.R.3200

Excise Tax. The consequence for not maintaining insurance would be an excise tax. If a taxpayer‘s MAGI is between 100-300 percent of FPL, the excise tax for failing to obtain coverage for an individual in a taxpayer unit (either as a taxpayer or an individual claimed as a dependent) is $750 per year. However, the maximum penalty for the taxpayer unit is $1,500. If a taxpayer‘s MAGI is above 300 percent of FPL the penalty for failing to obtain coverage for an individual in a taxpayer unit (either as a taxpayer or as an individual claimed as a dependent) is $950 year. However, the maximum penalty amount a family above 300 percent of FPL would pay is $3,800.

The excise tax would apply for any period for which the individual is not covered by a health insurance plan with the minimum required benefit but would be prorated for partial years of noncompliance. The excise tax would be assessed through the tax code and applied as an additional amount of Federal tax owed. No excise tax will be assessed for individuals not maintaining health insurance for a period less than or equal to three months in the tax year. However, assessed excise taxes for those not insured for more than three months include the entire duration the individual was uninsured during the tax year.
Baucus bill, page 32
The second bill is dead in the water so there's no reason to discuss it. The first one says 2.5% of one's adjusted gross income but not to exceed the applicable national average premium for such taxable year. So where's your 15%?

Show US where you are getting your information that it's 15% of medicare costs?

Third request. We're still waiting. Until you do, your posts stand as bullshit.
I tend to skip over your posts since they've devolved into poor replica's of dcon's.

I never said it was 15% of medicare...that was an example. My other example was ten times the amount of 15% of medicare. Try to read for comprehension.

Ame®icano;1561180 said:
The second bill is dead in the water so there's no reason to discuss it. The first one says 2.5% of one's adjusted gross income but not to exceed the applicable national average premium for such taxable year. So where's your 15%?

I didn't post it to discuss percentages, but to prove is not a tax. :)

Uhmmmm... or it is? Maybe I should check the dictionary.

Forum List

Back