I understand now -- It's NOT a tax!

He promised no increase in taxes if you make less than $250k.
I guess every smoker in the country makes over $250k
Every person that opts out of health insurance will make $250k also.

The government should declare that only people that make a million dollars will get taxed more, then create a federal tax on the water that flows from your tap, that way we will be millionaires.

You know the easy way to avoid taxes on tobacco? Don't smoke and don't dip.
We have ourselves a fan of social engineering.

If these people are going to engage in high-risk behavior, they should pay a penalty for it. I shouldn't be asked to paid more because they chose to be idiots.

Hey, he promised no taxes. You must all lie.

The government should declare that only people that make a million dollars will get taxed more, then create a federal tax on the water that flows from your tap, that way we will be millionaires.

You know the easy way to avoid future taxes on health care?

A parking ticket is not forced upon you if you don't drive or haven't parked your car. It is on the state level. This proposal is on the federal level imposed upon everyone.

The feds have no right to do this in the first place per the Constitution.

How you can say there is no tax when the word tax is used over and over in the legislation, is amazing Polk.
James K. Polk, polkfan's hero, is spinning in his grave right now.
A lot of our fore fathers are spinning. I really abhor the blind partisan mentality.

Ame®icano;1561656 said:

Take out a health insurance policy. If you can't afford, the bill provides for hardship waivers.

Polk is just arguing for the sake of arguing...it's a liberal thing to never give a single inch to your opposition no matter how wrong you are or how bad you have lost a political discussion.

Last edited:

If these people are going to engage in high-risk behavior, they should pay a penalty for it. I shouldn't be asked to paid more because they chose to be idiots.

And why should I have to pay for other people's healthcare via federal tax dollars? Why is it you understand the local level, but embrace the the federal level?

And why should I have to pay for other people's healthcare via federal tax dollars? Why is it you understand the local level, but embrace the the federal level?

You're free to feel that "If they can't afford it, they deserve to die", but most people aren't that inhuman.

Hey, he promised no taxes. You must all lie.

Maybe you should start using tobacco, that way you can make over $250k

Ame®icano;1561656 said:

Take out a health insurance policy. If you can't afford, the bill provides for hardship waivers.

You don't catch on to quick, do you?

Maybe you have an extremely large penis and that causes the lack of blood flow to your brain.

Last edited:

You're free to feel that "If they can't afford it, they deserve to die", but most people aren't that inhuman.

There you go folks. When confronted with the hypocritical stand, an appeal to emotions is thrown out there.

You have walked yourself into a corner. Your own words have been your undoing.

You have no valid legal stand. All you have is playing the BGG is inhuman line.

I am not inhuman. I just don't believe in crapping all over the Constitution, so that you and others can have some kind of feel good Oprah moment.

Ame®icano;1561656 said:

But what if I can pay it but I still don't want it?

How you gonna implement this on Amish people?

There you go folks. When confronted with the hypocritical stand, an appeal to emotions is thrown out there.

I am not inhuman. I just don't believe in crapping all over the Constitution, so that you and others can have some kind of feel good Oprah moment.

What hypocritical stand have I taken? O wait, I haven't taken one. You're just pissed off someone pointed out that your stance is little more saying the wealthy are the ubermensch.

What hypocritical stand have I taken? O wait, I haven't taken one. You're just pissed off someone pointed out that your stance is little more saying the wealthy are the ubermensch.

Coming from the person that said there is no tax proposed, I am not surprised you don't see any hypocrisy. I am not pissed. I think your viewpoint is a danger to the Constitution.

When they penalize us 15% of our income for not buying an approved health insurance policy, it's not a tax.

Although they will use the IRS to enforce this, and this penalty will show up on our tax bill, it's not a tax.

It's simply money the government takes from us, and keeps.

See? Not a tax! I get it!
Aren't you the fuckwit that spent last week trying to convince us that fees and penalties weren't taxes?

Oh, yeah!

It's classified as a penalty, if it even exists, because you can appeal a penalty but you cannot appeal a tax. In other words, if you can make your case the penalty will be waived.

Also, aren't you the fuckwit that wanted to tax the poor and spent another week trying to convince us that we should?

Oh, yeah!

Guess what, if you are talking about a 15% penalty at medicare rates, if you make $100,000 per year...and even paying the employee/employer portion of medicare...your "penalty" would be a whopping $435. EVEN at 10 times that it would be $4350...and for your "penalty" you'd easily recoup your losses from just one emergency room visit. A sweet little tax on the poor, fuckwit.

Have I called you a fuckwit lately? I must be slipping.

I'm the one that started the thread about taxing the poor, not Mr Midnight Marauder.
The politicians love people like you that don't pay attention and comprehend what is actually happening around them.
Now run off and be a good little proletariat.
Oh, my bad, I never can keep you two straight.

The rest of my post stands.

Aren't you the fuckwit that spent last week trying to convince us that fees and penalties weren't taxes?

Oh, yeah!

It's classified as a penalty, if it even exists, because you can appeal a penalty but you cannot appeal a tax. In other words, if you can make your case the penalty will be waived.

Also, aren't you the fuckwit that wanted to tax the poor and spent another week trying to convince us that we should?

Oh, yeah!

Guess what, if you are talking about a 15% penalty at medicare rates, if you make $100,000 per year...and even paying the employee/employer portion of medicare...your "penalty" would be a whopping $435. EVEN at 10 times that it would be $4350...and for your "penalty" you'd easily recoup your losses from just one emergency room visit. A sweet little tax on the poor, fuckwit.

I'm the one that started the thread about taxing the poor, not Mr Midnight Marauder.
The politicians love people like you that don't pay attention and comprehend what is actually happening around them.

Dishonest.

Last edited:

Oh, yeah!

Oh, yeah!

Because you are a sloppy, lazy thinker, and rely on wallowing in the mud and spewing rehearsed, pat talking points that have been debunked over and over. Like a viewer of a sci-fi or horror movie, you have willingly suspended your intellect to enjoy the Obama cult worship.
Yes, it stands as an example of typical, predictable, abject stupidity, dishonesty and ignorance you specialize in.

Because you are a sloppy, lazy thinker, and rely on wallowing in the mud and spewing rehearsed, pat talking points that have been debunked over and over. Like a viewer of a sci-fi or horror movie, you have willingly suspended your intellect to enjoy the Obama cult worship.
Yes, it stands as an example of typical, predictable, abject stupidity, dishonesty and ignorance you specialize in.
Methinks you are the sloppy thinker. Where are you getting this 15% and 15% of what?

If it is 15% of the premium you should have paid, it's still a bargain. I see that in MA it is a penalty of $900 a year for not purchasing insurance. If you are such a leech that you're going to fuck everyone over by not having insurance and still getting treated at the ER then $900 is a small price to pay. It is in fact an effort to make deadbeats participate...something usually dear to the heart of a conservative. Except when it isn't because the conservative is a hypocrite.

Cry me a river you phony.

I guess once you've kicked and screamed so hard and so loud that it would be too devistating to admit the truth, you just keep on telling yourself that it's not the truth that matters...it's the stuff you've been kicking and screaming about. Regardless of the stupidity of it. Some of these people know full well what is going on and are so blinded by Obamamania that they can't even accept the reality that looms around them. It's kinda scary isn't it?

Methinks you are the sloppy thinker. Where are you getting this 15% and 15% of what?

If it is 15% of the premium you should have paid, it's still a bargain. I see that in MA it is a penalty of $900 a year for not purchasing insurance. If you are such a leech that you're going to fuck everyone over by not having insurance and still getting treated at the ER then $900 is a small price to pay. It is in fact an effort to make deadbeats participate...something usually dear to the heart of a conservative. Except when it isn't because the conservative is a hypocrite.

Cry me a river you phony.
It's 15% of your income, that's the extra tax if you don't buy health insurance. It's not my fault you don't bother actually reading posts, and not my fault your reading comprehension is fourth grade level. It's in both bills. It's federal. It's in addition to whatever a state might have.

If you don't pay the extra? They can lock you up in jail for a year. Does that make sense? It costs $56,000 a year per inmate, to house, feed, clothe and provide medical care in prison.

Would it be state jail? County? Who's gonna pick up that tab? Would it be Federal? Our tax dollars at work!

Prisons and jails already overcrowded, court systems clogged and backlogged, and you want to throw people in there for a year because they don't want to buy insurance? If the person has a coronary in prison, gonna cost potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat him anyway!

This bullshit will be challenged in court, and inevitably struck down. It's unconstitutional. Doesn't this waste upset you in the least?

Wake the fuck up, and let your honest injun out of the cage you put him in since Obamamania started, mmmk?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back