I thought there should be a thread about things you would or should correct, things you regret saying here

Oh, no. They're all NO churches. One of them, about 45 miles from me, does TLM on Sunday, but I would say the priest is far from Trad.

My priest is close enough to retirement that he's not likely to put that in jeopardy, but this morning seemed like the nod-and-a-wink to the newb in the back pew. Morning Mass is all elderly folks and, since I'm not fully converted, I don't feel the obligation to participate in the weekend Masses.

Learned my lesson. Long story.

well, not all NO churches are bad, but in my opinion... but wait, it's not just an opinion

in any case, I say the devil is there in the NO Churches, even maybe the good ones. Jesus promised to never abandon us but I guess you could say he never promised that the devil wouldn't be right there beside him?

sigh... Who knows what to do about all the insanity in the Church? We do the best we can, play things by ear a lot of the time

:(

well, not all NO churches are bad, but in my opinion... but wait, it's not just an opinion

in any case, I say the devil is there in the NO Churches, even maybe the good ones. Jesus promised to never abandon us but I guess you could say he never promised that the devil wouldn't be right there beside him?

sigh... Who knows what to do about all the insanity in the Church? We do the best we can, play things by ear a lot of the time

:(

I listen to the Trads who keep telling us DO NOT LEAVE THE CHURCH.

My situation is just that, since I'm unable to get to RCIA and learning from home is hard (for reasons I'd tell you in private conversation), I feel mostly like giving up, so "DON'T LEAVE THE CHURCH" is kind of moot when I've never made it INTO the church to begin with.

My situation is just that, since I'm unable to get to RCIA and learning from home is hard (for reasons I'd tell you in private conversation), I feel mostly like giving up, so "DON'T LEAVE THE CHURCH" is kind of moot when I've never made it INTO the church to begin with.

well, I've been Catholic (and sort of that) all my life. When I was young I wasn't interested in religion but that changed w hen I prayed the rosary one day. It's a miracle I even did that because I didn't really believe in it (until I prayed it).

The Sedevacantists would disagree w/ the trads you cite here. They seem to think the Real Presence is not there in the NO churches, and so you should leave. But I disagree and this is based more on experience in life than anything else. I would be here all day if I were to elaborate sufficiently.

And again, the devil IS there in the NO Church. He and his cohorts took over some 65 years ago, the Vatican. Now the Vatican which is not Catholic is trying to control true Catholics. What a mess. Jesus is the only one who can fix it.

well, I've been Catholic (and sort of that) all my life. When I was young I wasn't interested in religion but that changed w hen I prayed the rosary one day. It's a miracle I even did that because I didn't really believe in it (until I prayed it).

The Sedevacantists would disagree w/ the trads you cite here. They seem to think the Real Presence is not there in the NO churches, and so you should leave. But I disagree and this is based more on experience in life than anything else. I would be here all day if I were to elaborate sufficiently.

And again, the devil IS there in the NO Church. He and his cohorts took over some 65 years ago, the Vatican. Now the Vatican which is not Catholic is trying to control true Catholics. What a mess. Jesus is the only one who can fix it.

I do see the devil in the NO church.

I have read a little bit about the Sedes, but it's meaningless to try to find any near me, as rapidly as they're disappearing. I guess I've decided to just wait and hope.

I do see the devil in the NO church.

I have read a little bit about the Sedes, but it's meaningless to try to find any near me, as rapidly as they're disappearing. I guess I've decided to just wait and hope.

the Sede churches are disappearing?

I didn't know

I do know they are few & far btwn.. sadly. I'm not sure the devil is in the Sede Churches much, although he manages to get into everything where there are souls to be grabbed :(

they are correct to advise you not to leave the Church. I did that because Sedes told me the Masses in the NO church are not valid. However, I was miserable and lost when I spent this period of time o/side the Church. If the devil is there and i know he is, so is Jesus. The devil is also everywhere else, esp these days! So yeh...

they are correct to advise you not to leave the Church. I did that because Sedes told me the Masses in the NO church are not valid. However, I was miserable and lost when I spent this period of time o/side the Church. If the devil is there and i know he is, so is Jesus. The devil is also everywhere else, esp these days! So yeh...

Not having received the Sacraments yet, I totally don't trust that they are at all valid in the NO church.

What can you do? :dunno:

Not having received the Sacraments yet, I totally don't trust that they are at all valid in the NO church.

What can you do? :dunno:

I tend to think they are, but my experiences as a Catholic in the NO era ... well, I have mixed signals thrown at me, so I know others can say the same.

When I went to a NO church years ago, not knowing what I now know about Vatican 2 and related matters, I had this experience:

When I would go to daily Mass (receive Communion) I would have at least an OK day, sometimes better than just OK

When I stopped (thought I had a valid reason, found out I didn't), it wasn't like that. My day was not blessed like it was when I was going daily...

that would be called a subjective experience by some folks...

I call it REALITY.

I tend to think they are, but my experiences as a Catholic in the NO era ... well, I have mixed signals thrown at me, so I know others can say the same.

When I went to a NO church years ago, not knowing what I now know about Vatican 2 and related matters, I had this experience:

When I would go to daily Mass (receive Communion) I would have at least an OK day, sometimes better than just OK

When I stopped (thought I had a valid reason, found out I didn't), it wasn't like that. My day was not blessed like it was when I was going daily...

that would be called a subjective experience by some folks...

I call it REALITY.

It's ALL ABOUT MIXED SIGNALS! It's driving me crazy!

Thanks for sharing that. I look at people in the pews with me and I try to discern what's different about them before and after recieving. It's a complete mystery.

I know that the one TLM I've been to was very different.

It's ALL ABOUT MIXED SIGNALS! It's driving me crazy!

Thanks for sharing that. I look at people in the pews with me and I try to discern what's different about them before and after recieving. It's a complete mystery.

I know that the one TLM I've been to was very different.

how was the TLM different?

I remember good experiences from the Sede Church I went to years ago

But then there was a down side and it was (or seemed to be) pretty "down" meaning I didn't want to deal with it... which is not saying much because sometimes I just run from the most... harmless things just because they are not perfect. That's a defect in me because, well.... it just is

how was the TLM different?

I remember good experiences from the Sede Church I went to years ago

But then there was a down side and it was (or seemed to be) pretty "down" meaning I didn't want to deal with it... which is not saying much because sometimes I just run from the most... harmless things just because they are not perfect. That's a defect in me because, well.... it just is

Visually, totally different.

I felt a ton of respect -- men and boys wearing suits and ties and women and girls dressed modestly, heads covered. The NO church I attended, even on Sunday, folks looked like they were dressed for a kegger.

Altar servers were very respectful, not restless, giggling kids.

The ad orientum altar and the priest obviously celebrating the Mass for the LORD, instead of for the audience.

I'm afraid I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Visually, totally different.

I felt a ton of respect -- men and boys wearing suits and ties and women and girls dressed modestly, heads covered. The NO church I attended, even on Sunday, folks looked like they were dressed for a kegger.

Altar servers were very respectful, not restless, giggling kids.

The ad orientum altar and the priest obviously celebrating the Mass for the LORD, instead of for the audience.

I'm afraid I stuck out like a sore thumb.

I can relate. The one I went to years ago was as you describe and I was not dressed up, so felt out of place. Frankly that is one thing I don't like about the Sedes... a dress code. What if you work in the coal mines or something and.. well, maybe you just haven't gotten around to buying yourself Sunday meetin clothes or what have you? I mean, yeh, have a dress code but i don't think it should be "religiously"enforced... just my opinion

I regret saying to someone

Sad to see you don't have a Search engine

vis a vis the topic of Catholicism/history, etc

I mean, we all know how untrustworthy the i-net is.

Books are way better. The only problem is, there are a lot of BAD books out there also, esp concerning Catholicism! OMG..

Nothing is more lied about in all the world(!) than the Catholic Church!

true story

One thing that people need to think harder about before they speak is belittling a poster's family members in this board.

Every time someone goes there, they regret it.

The leftists here have made it completely unnecessary to be able to factually back up what comes out of your mouth.

They never seem to think they have to do so. The onus for doing so is always on those they hate. Thus, civilized discourse is out the window.

those folks actually HATE the ones they disagree with

and considering what they advocate RE the unborn

uh... yeh, we want to stay clear of those Neanderthals

those folks actually HATE the ones they disagree with

and considering what they advocate RE the unborn

uh... yeh, we want to stay clear of those Neanderthals

There are a ton of posters here who will become so overcome by hatred that they happily risk being banned or at least getting a deleted comment and/or a thread ban in order to fling the greatest insult they can think of, at their target's mother!

Imagine that. I just nailed one about a week ago.

There are a ton of posters here who will become so overcome by hatred that they happily risk being banned or at least getting a deleted comment and/or a thread ban in order to fling the greatest insult they can think of, at their target's mother!

Imagine that. I just nailed one about a week ago.

where is it at, so I can have a good LOL?

Forum List

Back