I thought there should be a thread about things you would or should correct, things you regret saying here

I will go ahead and admit to something that I somewhat regret saying. In early 1994, my dad was arrested for beating on my older sister. He was arrested because it was the second time that he beat her. He never did beat on her again because his job would have been a thing of the past if he had gotten into such legal trouble again. I don't know if he ever did tell my sister that he was sorry, but like a day or so after he got out of jail, I remember my mom and me and my sister coming home from somewhere and before I could go inside the house, my sister asked me if our dad was in there and she had a scared look on her face. What I said to her in return is what I somewhat regret. I told her to quit being a baby. I do regret saying that to her because what my dad did to her was wrong, but the reason why my regret can only go so far is because I am the person that my sister would take her problems out on and one time our mom was the victim when my sister decided to push our mom down in the garage knowing very well that my mom couldn't defend herself because of the physical illness that she had then.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. Guillain Barre Syndrome is what my mom dealt with and these days my sister doesn't have anything more to do with either one of us. My mom hasn't seen her since early 2010 and I haven't seen her since 2002.

wow, that's a lot to deal with. I was mostly focused on things a person regrets saying here at usmb, but as they say, confession is good for the soul. I've done and said many things I regret w/ family members, even though they started it. I just stay away from them.. "If your foot causes you to stumble [sin] cut it off and cast it from you," Jesus said.

Honestly, I can't recall the thing I regret that I had in mind just a few minutes ago, but I'm sure it will come to me.

I rarely say anything that I am not certain about, but it does happen.

In any case, I always wondered if there are many others here who regret certain things, but for whatever reason, they don't want to talk about it (pride?)

OK, now I will try to remember
I usually regret LACK of harshness. The filth and stupidity of many (mostly Democrats/Leftists/Anti-Magas) disgust me but usuallly MORE after I've posted rather than less.

It is hard to regret saying anything to people who habitually lie.

I usually regret LACK of harshness. The filth and stupidity of many (mostly Democrats/Leftists/Anti-Magas) disgust me but usuallly MORE after I've posted rather than less.

It is hard to regret saying anything to people who habitually lie.
True, which is why I don't deeply regret calling people Moron or whatever. I mean, if you don't want to be called that, don't act like it. Seems pretty simple to me.

But libs don't u/stand simple truths. Sigh

I regret that I didn't explain the rosary fully, namely how Protestants are always accusing Catholics of "repetitious prayer" and yet

Well, the rosary is a meditation on the life of Christ. And when you don't have to think about the words you are saying, your mind relaxes and ---I can't describe it but it seems as though Mary kind of takes over and prays with you... always good to have Heavenly friends like her :)

I regret that I didn't explain the rosary fully, namely how Protestants are always accusing Catholics of "repetitious prayer" and yet

Well, the rosary is a meditation on the life of Christ. And when you don't have to think about the words you are saying, your mind relaxes and ---I can't describe it but it seems as though Mary kind of takes over and prays with you... always good to have Heavenly friends like her :)

I've never been able to understand what's the matter with repetitive prayer.

By the time I get to the third or fourth decade, I am completely disconnected from the BS of life on this planet. Even more powerful when praying with a group.

I wonder about people who don't want that kind of relaxation.

I've never been able to understand what's the matter with repetitive prayer.

By the time I get to the third or fourth decade, I am completely disconnected from the BS of life on this planet. Even more powerful when praying with a group.

I wonder about people who don't want that kind of relaxation.

The way you describe it is the same as I would :)

It's sad some people stay stuck in 'the things of Earth' when they don't have to. The only drawback to the rosary is that it "spoils you" and you don't always want to return to everyday drudgeries... But Jesus said getting to Heaven was difficult and there are few who make it.

The way you describe it is the same as I would :)

It's sad some people stay stuck in 'the things of Earth' when they don't have to. The only drawback to the rosary is that it "spoils you" and you don't always want to return to everyday drudgeries... But Jesus said getting to Heaven was difficult and there are few who make it.

Well said!

Do you follow conservative news much? I have been wondering.

I am beginning to think it's a sin --or something like it not to be informed (CNN is not informative... but you knew that)

I don't really follow a lot of news. I pick up bits of this and that from people on this board whom I trust.

1702509909840.png

I don't really follow a lot of news. I pick up bits of this and that from people on this board whom I trust.

That's kind of what I suspected. Maybe God doesn't give me, on the other hand, a lot of time or opportunity for watching (real) news because He knows that's about all I would do, if given the chance... LOL

I'm kind of pathetic sometimes. I mean, people should put Jesus first... which I try to but... anyway... another confession of mine, told to someone who is not a priest.

I don't have a regular priest, but I need to find someone to confess to. I... well, u talk about trusting (!). I can't trust novus ordo priests. I've had a long weird history w/ them. But I could find a non-No one..

Anyway, I really got off on a rabbit trail, didn't I? LOL

i regret that my aplogy for calling people Morons and etc was not --um.. perfect...

True, I'm really speaking to Satan when I use such words, not humans, but I'm also ignoring the (redeemable?) person involved, the one repeating Satan's "thoughts"/suggestions.

In these moments in which I lose patience, I could possibly be turning someone even more against Christianity than they already are? I mean, it seems the person is hopeless (a lot of the time), but how would I know who is hopeless and who is not?

So I repent. I can't promise it'll never happen again, but I'll try..

which is about all any of us sinners can ever do........sigh

That's kind of what I suspected. Maybe God doesn't give me, on the other hand, a lot of time or opportunity for watching (real) news because He knows that's about all I would do, if given the chance... LOL

I'm kind of pathetic sometimes. I mean, people should put Jesus first... which I try to but... anyway... another confession of mine, told to someone who is not a priest.

I don't have a regular priest, but I need to find someone to confess to. I... well, u talk about trusting (!). I can't trust novus ordo priests. I've had a long weird history w/ them. But I could find a non-No one..

Anyway, I really got off on a rabbit trail, didn't I? LOL

I've been looking for a good priest without a lot of reassurance, but then this morning the priest at the church I've been going to since summer told us in a subtle enough way that he doesn't buy ANY of the stupid liberal NO bullshit. It was good.

There are a few people in my parish whom I need to try to get to know because they signify that they are more Trad.

I see no reason to bother with Novus Ordo.

I've been looking for a good priest without a lot of reassurance, but then this morning the priest at the church I've been going to since summer told us in a subtle enough way that he doesn't buy ANY of the stupid liberal NO bullshit. It was good.

There are a few people in my parish whom I need to try to get to know because they signify that they are more Trad.

I see no reason to bother with Novus Ordo.

thanks for this info. I didn't know you were outside the NO church? I am not totally outside it because the nearest Trad Church... I'm not even sure where it is but I believe it is very far from me, not feasible to go that far.

So are you saying the priest you speak of is not at all involved in the NO church?

Has he been formally excommunicated?

LOL

no, wait... I meant: So-called excommunicated

You have to be a real pope to excommunicate.

BTW I found out recently that the pope of this one bygone era (1600s? 1700s?) excommunicated Queen Elizabeth! I was so proud to be Catholic when I read that! (I mean, you know.. more so) :)

thanks for this info. I didn't know you were outside the NO church? I am not totally outside it because the nearest Trad Church... I'm not even sure where it is but I believe it is very far from me, not feasible to go that far.

So are you saying the priest you speak of is not at all involved in the NO church?

Has he been formally excommunicated?

LOL

no, wait... I meant: So-called excommunicated

You have to be a real pope to excommunicate.

BTW I found out recently that the pope of this one bygone era (1600s? 1700s?) excommunicated Queen Elizabeth! I was so proud to be Catholic when I read that! (I mean, you know.. more so) :)

Oh, no. They're all NO churches. One of them, about 45 miles from me, does TLM on Sunday, but I would say the priest is far from Trad.

My priest is close enough to retirement that he's not likely to put that in jeopardy, but this morning seemed like the nod-and-a-wink to the newb in the back pew. Morning Mass is all elderly folks and, since I'm not fully converted, I don't feel the obligation to participate in the weekend Masses.

Learned my lesson. Long story.

Forum List

Back